Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

The actress for Ciri is far too childlike

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Evade

The actress for Ciri is far too childlike
    She's supposed to be a child, it's set a few years before three so she should look more like she did in the tutorial section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah its set a fair bit before the games me thinks, the character i mentioned above is in every episode according to imdb so i suspect the show will be telling just that whole story, which will likely make the show a slow burner.. or just littered with flash back scenes.. :pac:

Edit: Although as Ciri is in it, we will likely see her transition from princess to witcher or atleast part of... Although Geralt is involved in both story lines, it will be interesting and worrying to see how they swing this in just 8 episodes :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

nix wrote: »
    Yeah its set a fair bit before the games me thinks, the character i mentioned above is in every episode according to imdb so i suspect the show will be telling just that whole story, which will likely make the show a slow burner.. or just littered with flash back scenes.. :pac:

Edit: Although as Ciri is in it, we will likely see her transition from princess to witcher or atleast part of... Although Geralt is involved in both story lines, it will be interesting and worrying to see how they swing this in just 8 episodes :eek::D
    More than likely planning it over many seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Taylor365 wrote: »

They need at least 300 hours to tell the story.

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »

The Ciri part yeah, but i cant see this getting many seasons with Cavill as lead :(

The Ciri part yeah, but i cant see this getting many seasons with Cavill as lead :(
    I'm not so sure. Netflix stuff seems to be shot fairly quickly so it should leave him plenty of time to do movies and having a guaranteed role for a few years can't be a bad thing.

Evade wrote: »
    I'm not so sure. Netflix stuff seems to be shot fairly quickly so it should leave him plenty of time to do movies and having a guaranteed role for a few years can't be a bad thing.

Right but if they end up making a crappy first season, he can just as easily cut and run and that would be that, or if hes offered another role he wants :(

Right but if they end up making a crappy first season, he can just as easily cut and run and that would be that, or if hes offered another role he wants :(
    If there's one thing we know about him it's he has no problems reprising a bad role.

That's actually a great bloody point...

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I preferred Hearts of Stone, much as I love Regis. I thought Gaunter O'Dimm was a superb antagonist, and David Beckham Olgierd was a really likeable character.

Sure, there's the new area in Blood and Wine and it's got more Dandelion and it's ... larger. I just liked the story in HoS more.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

They will be sending Netflix excecs rough episodes,without fx etc while they filming,so they will know by the time its comlplete if they are getting a 2nd series,if that happens,they will shoot the 2nd season quite soon after that..

2nd series will up the budget and probably be larger in scope..

Then itll get cancelled ;)

I didn't really like the new area in BoW nor did I like the premise of the main bad guy. Was disappointed to learn his motivations were that simple. HoS was far more intriguing. Both were at minimum 9/10 though :pac:

I'm going to go back to Witcher 2. Never finished it at the time. I need my fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm going to go back to Witcher 2. Never finished it at the time. I need my fix.

I really enjoyed 2. I had never played 1, so I think that's why I'm in the Triss camp!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Make sure you get the official combat rebalance mod.

The combat doesn't get that much better, truth be told, but it does some stuff to the skill tree as well.

First time around I find the Witcher 2 to be a nightmare to play, but it's a much smoother experience these days.

I just remember the map being horrendous. Had no bother with the combat I don't think.

A Witcher 1 remake with gamepad controls would be sweet. The controls in that are a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Not sure if you guys are into reading but the Witcher books are much better than Witcher 1 and 2 as far as products of entertainment go, with Witcher 3 being on par with them. And this from an avid gamer who has read about 10 books in his life

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not sure if you guys are into reading but the Witcher books are much better than Witcher 1 and 2 as far as products of entertainment go, with Witcher 3 being on par with them. And this from an avid gamer who has read about 10 books in his life

Cant really compare both mediums, Books are for you to imagine something(good writer dependent), Games are for you do something(well made game dependent).

Not something that can be better than another really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Im on the most recently translated one ,Season of Storms, at the moment,they are superb..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Im on the most recently translated one ,Season of Storms, at the moment,they are superb..

I read it on kindle so don't know the page count but felt it was a short book

Skerries wrote: »
    I read it on kindle so don't know the page count but felt it was a short book

Yeah,its too long to call it a short story but too short to be a novel..

He is writing a new one by all accounts..although it could be a while as he takes his time

No. Witcher 2 doesn't hold up. You can't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Started this the other day, about 3 hours deep. Following the main quest but done a few side ones also.

Anyone got any tips for a newbie?

Sight808 wrote: »
    Started this the other day, about 3 hours deep. Following the main quest but done a few side ones also.

Anyone got any tips for a newbie?
    Don't spend too long in White Orchard, play gwent every time you get the chance, and you should change your gear pretty regularly it gets outclassed very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

play gwent every time you get the chance

Unless you don't want to play it at all. It's almost completely optional. I think there's a couple of missions that include a game of Gwent.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I didn't even try to understand Gwent at the start of the game and I regret it because I failed a few optional quests that involved Gwent. I then figured out how to play it about half way through the game and realised it's excellent. So, I'd also recommend learning how to play it from the start because it brings in a great little side game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement