Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There's seemingly a bit more of BaW to go. Already got the bad ending.

Yeah, I went back and changed a few decisions to get the ending I believe I should have, as some of the choices you make would make you think he's going to do 1 thing, but after selecting it he says something crazy and does what you didn't want him to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He's out of control!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this was posted in the Playstation bargains

Hard Cover book for £4.76

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

Skerries wrote:
    this was posted in the Playstation bargains

I ordered it earlier no sign of delivery date I wouldn't be surprised if its sold out

Can't believe I finished the game! What year is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can't believe I finished the game! What year is it?

DLC's too? :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    DLC's too? :D
    Ah Jasus...Need a break first :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I finished the main game and first dlc, then decided to wait until I get 4k tv to play the second dlc.
    So I got myself a 4k tv last week. Now just find time to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I finished the main game and first dlc, then decided to wait until I get 4k tv to play the second dlc.
    So I got myself a 4k tv last week. Now just find time to play it!
    Burnt out abit myself on Blood and Wine, especially after how good HoS was.

I'll start it again soon! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I much preferred Blood and Wine. I've about 360 hours played and I just know there are quests left in the question marks. Haven't done any of the Gwent quests, but I know how to play it now so I might go ahead and do them all now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Picked up a One X last week and this game looks awesome on it. Seriously contemplating starting a New Game+. Any advice or precautions to take before starting it. I've finished main game and all expansions.

skerry wrote: »
    Picked up a One X last week and this game looks awesome on it. Seriously contemplating starting a New Game+. Any advice or precautions to take before starting it. I've finished main game and all expansions.

How do you find 4K mode on it? Personally I see no difference at all, that could be testament to how good the One X is at upscaling. Performance mode all the way for me, actually can't play the game without it now it's far too jittery.

How do you find 4K mode on it? Personally I see no difference at all, that could be testament to how good the One X is at upscaling. Performance mode all the way for me, actually can't play the game without it now it's far too jittery.

Versus the One S the 4k mode is a huge improvement. I've only turned it on for a quick look on 4k mode and haven't tried the performance mode yet but must check that out. Are you saying graphics-wise the 4k mode and performance mode are similar?

Noticed the difference in power on the X straight away in the way the speed you can now look around the environment and how quick everything loads up. Only realised how the its can the juddery on the One S when I seen the smoothness on the X

Versus the One S the 4k mode is a huge improvement. I've only turned it on for a quick look on 4k mode and haven't tried the performance mode yet but must check that out. Are you saying graphics-wise the 4k mode and performance mode are similar?

Noticed the difference in power on the X straight away in the way the speed you can now look around the environment and how quick everything loads up. Only realised how the its can the juddery on the One S when I seen the smoothness on the X
    Yes graphics wise I can't tell the difference with 4k mode on and off.

Yes graphics wise I can't tell the difference with 4k mode on and off.

Cool, so I can have crispy visuals and better framerate, might go with performance mode so.

I was holding off on another play through until I got the X so gonna try NG+, I'll know a few hours into it if I have to stamina to play the whole thing again.

Kind of between games at the moment. Gave Red Dead a quick go so might give it another while yet before I ditch it, never played it before now. Looks pretty well on the X too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Digital Foundry says the performance mode is too variable. 35 to 50 FPS in Novigrad would wreck my head, would prefer a solid 30 than something so up and down.
    Performance mode is perhaps an experiment - one with as many successes as there are failures to hit this target. Ultimately though, our recommendation would be to stick to the 4K mode for more consistency all round.

See here.

Started NG+ on Blood and Broken Bones level. Any advantage on doing Deathmarch other than massive amounts of frustration at being hammered by the humblest of White Orchard inhabitants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Started NG+ on Blood and Broken Bones level. Any advantage on doing Deathmarch other than massive amounts of frustration at being hammered by the humblest of White Orchard inhabitants?
    Death March is a cinch, especially with Quen.

Fast attack, Roll, Fast attack, Roll and you're done.

Taylor365 wrote: »

Run an Alchemy tank build which steam rolled all but the hardest bosses in regular game.

Presume I'll not get the Deathmarch achievement if I change difficulty now, about 30 mins into the game.

Taylor365 wrote: »

Nevvvvermind, I answered my own question through the power of Google. Feic if I think I'll start again on Deathmarch and can always tone it down if it wrecks my head too much

• Advertisement

Just started a new game+ i've been having withdrawal symptoms since finishing God of war. Dying to get stuck back into it

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

On my 3rd playthrough on PS4 Pro,but getting constant crashes,ive changed the output mode on the console from 4k to 1080 ,ive cleared the cache too,very frustrating.mostly happens when I die and hit the reload last save button..

Anyone had this issue and fixed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Not directly on topic, but I've been lacking time to play the Witcher 3 lately but I've had massive urges to do so.

I'm partially getting over it after finding the entire OST is on Google Play Music, so I can chill out at work and listen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Not directly on topic, but I've been lacking time to play the Witcher 3 lately but I've had massive urges to do so.

I'm partially getting over it after finding the entire OST is on Google Play Music, so I can chill out at work and listen to it.

Game OST's are great to work to. Homeworld 1 and 2, FTL and Super Meat Boy are favourites of mine.

They're designed to stick in your ear but not distract you from what you're trying to focus on.
    Even if I'm doing something quite abstract or that requires a lot of thought I find them great for drowning out everything else.

Love the soundtrack on the W3 some really catchy tunes in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The girlfriend loves to take a long bath in the evenings with music on... I don't know that I've ever as proud with myself as when I got her off whatever unbearable crap she was playing and instead hooked her on the Skellige music instead. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

I've downloaded Witcher 3 wild hunt on steam but haven't started it yet. Saw so many good reviews I figured it might be worth a punt. Haven't played 1 or 2 or read any of the books.

I've never played an RPG before, mostly games like Battlefield, Insurgency, Far Cry etc that kind of stuff.

Is it as good as its made out to be ? Am I gonna be totally bewildered by it ?

Sorry don't have time to read all the posts in this thread about it.

Gonna fire it up tomorrow and see how I go.

Heckler wrote: »
    I've downloaded Witcher 3 wild hunt on steam but haven't started it yet. Saw so many good reviews I figured it might be worth a punt. Haven't played 1 or 2 or read any of the books.

I've never played an RPG before, mostly games like Battlefield, Insurgency, Far Cry etc that kind of stuff.

Give it a few hours and make your own mind up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Heckler wrote: »

I play all of those games listed above, I find them awesome for pick up and play as after a long day in work etc you can literally jump into a server and play. They are brilliant for that (even have my own INS server). But I love video games.

The Witcher 3 is the best Video Game ever made but it is not a drop in/out type of game, its a story game that either engrosses you in what thingie to put on your thingie or it doesnt.

I would suggest you finish the Baron quest then either stop playing or keep playing but finish that quest, as above its only a few hours in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Commit to giving it a good 6 or 7 hours, then you'll know if it's for you. The first couple of hours are the tutorial zone, and it kinda drags there a bit.

Advertisement