Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 A Side Football

Options
  • 04-02-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is anyone stuck for a player. I know UL have a league starting soon, if anyone wants to make a boards.ie 7 a side team for this.

If not, would anyone be stuck for a player once a week, just looking to get back playing a bit for some exercise, nothing too serious!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

It would be dependent on times etc. but I could be interested in taking part in this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Hooked

tony1980 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is anyone stuck for a player. I know UL have a league starting soon, if anyone wants to make a boards.ie 7 a side team for this.

If not, would anyone be stuck for a player once a week, just looking to get back playing a bit for some exercise, nothing too serious!

I'm involved in a few handy games every Wednesday and Thursday evenings if you wanted to fall on some night? Drop me a PM as we're often short

We used to run a boards game in delta a few years back and in think a few boardsies had another up and running recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

id also be up for this :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

I would be up for this 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Cheers lads :)

I will give UL a ring today and ask them about the 7 a side league and I will post up details later. I got a pm of someone else who is interested, so including myself, that would be 5 I think. Im pretty sure its Monday nights at 8 or 9, 1 Game a week.
    I will ask one or two myself to see if I can make up the numbers or if we get more interest here, then we will get team sorted from boards alone!

• Advertisement

I rang UL and there is no league starting.

Who would be interested in a 7 a side match once a week?

So far we have five names from the above posts including myself and a pm I received. Id say we will need about 16 names to be safe. If there ids ever anyone missing, between all of us, we can surely get the one or two that might be needed as fillers on certain weeks.

We can use this http://teamer.net/ as a way of knowing who is playing each week and it would give time to recruit fillers if needed. I have a couple of lads at work who could play each week. So, that makes 7 so far.

Add your name below and what day or time suits and we can take it from there. I know its hard to get these things up and running but sure, lets give it an all go anyway!

1. Tony1980 - any night at 8 or 9pm.
    2. Miceal - TBD.
    3. Greg - TBD.

2. Miceal - TBD.
    3. Greg - TBD.
    4. jamesoc85 any night after 7

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

Hi lads, I would be up for this if its in UL, any evening Mon-Thurs after 6, cheers

2. Miceal - TBD.
    3. Greg - TBD.
    5. mayo londoner - Mon-Thurs after 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

2. Miceal - TBD.
    3. Greg - TBD.
    6.franktheplank -mon, tues, thurs after 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OnlyGotOneSong

2. Miceal - TBD.
    3. Greg - TBD.
    7.OnlyGotOneSong-any night after 8(have 2 other lads aswell so that would make 9)

Lovely stuff. Id say fatgav and judosean look good too. We will wait to see if they post again which would make it 11! So far, it looks like a Monday, Tuesday or Thursday at either 8 or 9pm will be the time.

OnlyGotOneSong, add in the boys you know to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

2. Miceal - TBD.
    3. Greg - TBD.
    7.OnlyGotOneSong-any night after 8(have 2 other lads aswell so that would make 9)
    10. Judosean2005,im not working atm. so im free all days and time

2. Miceal - TBD.
    3. Greg - TBD.
    7.OnlyGotOneSong-any night after 8(Thursdays Best)
    8.C O'Fla
    9.Dave C

Can probably get 2 more for this aswell if needs be additional to the 3 i have listed above

2. Miceal - Tuesday at 9pm is best.
    3. Greg - Tuesday at 9pm is best.
    7.OnlyGotOneSong-any night after 8(Thursdays Best)
    8.C O'Fla
    9.Dave C

I rang UL and Tuesday night at 9pm is available, Would that be ok for everyone? Im waiting on a few more people to get back to me and as soon as I have any more names, I will add them here straight away!

Can probably get 2 more for this aswell if needs be additional to the 3 i have listed above

If you can for a Tuesday at 9, then great, first come first served and all that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Hi I could be interested,would football boots required or would runners do?what surface would this be on?

Hi Freiheit,

Its a 3G Surface, alot easier on the joints and no burns from slide tackling.

Most lads would wear the astro turf boots.
    http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/restofworld/boots/astro/icat/footballbootsastro/?setpagenum=

I have wore runners on plenty of occasions but you will slip alot more with them. If your interested, add your name below.

It looks like im going to book this Tuesday at 9pm if that's ok with everyone. I will set-up teamernet later today.

One more to add to the list below.

6. franktheplank -mon, tues, thurs after 6
    7. OnlyGotOneSong-any night after 8(Thursdays Best)
    8. C O'Fla
    9. Dave C
    11. Mike - Tuesday at 9PM.

Lads, Can everyone who has confirmed in the list that they are available send me a pm with your mobile number and email address and I will send you the teamer.net invite to the group?

Anyone who adds to the list from here on in, Can you send me your details also please?

Cheers lads!

• Advertisement

Ok lads, its booked for this Tuesday at 9pm. No steal studs allowed, only moulded studs or runners.

We can have a chat on the night about whether Tuesday is the best day going forward or if a Thursday suits better. But I think for this week, we have a match on the Tuesday, get to meet up for the first time and then sort out what's better going forward.

Its 60 Euro for the pitch lads, if there is 14 of us and we pay 5 each, then that's 70 and any week we are short numbers, the extra money from the other weeks will cover this. Do you think that is fair or does anyone have a better idea?

So what I need now lads is a pm with your email and mobile number and first and last name so I can send out the teamer.net invites.

Also, we should probably have two balls on the night and some sports high visibility vests. Does anyone have any of these that they can bring, if not, we might have to pay about a tenner each on the first night to cover buying two balls and the vests. Elvery's do 5 in a pack for 15 euro, I think we would need 4 packs which makes it 60 euro and two balls about 30 euro. So, 90 euro + 60 for the pitch on the first week = 150 euro divided by 14 = 11 euro each roughly. Of course if anyone has these already, then great!

8. C O'Fla
    9. Dave C
    10. Shane S
    11. Judosean2005,im not working atm. so im free all days and time
    12.Mike - Tuesday at 9PM.

Re the bibs we'll only need one half of the 14 to have them on so 7 will suffice.I know i have one at home so if others do then im sure we'll make it up that way.

Somebody will probably have a ball they can bring along also,probably best to keep the costs of playing to a minimum

Just to clarify lads, these are the new all weather pitches in UL. There is a GAA all weather pitch and Rugby all weather pitch next to the soccer one.

Take the left into UL after the castletroy park hotel, first entrance into UL.

Take a left at the first roundabout in UL and pass the Kemmy business school.

Go straight through the roundabout after the school and over the bridge following the road to the right after the bridge.

About 100m later, you will see all the pitches on your left, just follow the road around into the car park, the soccer pitches are at the back right hand side of the car park.

I will sort out one ball and a set of bibs. Can someone else bring a decent soccer ball out with them and five euro each?

Cheers Lads!

8. C O'Fla
    9. Dave C
    10. Shane S
    11. Judosean2005,im not working atm. so im free all days and time
    12.Mike - Tuesday at 9PM.
    13. Onlygotonesong friend
    14. Onlygotonesong friend

Looks like we have 14 for tomorrow night lads, I will send out the teamer invites and get definite confirmed number and post back up.

Ok lads, we have 12 for tonight with the possibility of 14. There is a couple of people who haven't responded to the teamer notifications so im not sure about them but we have enough for a game anyway. See ye out there at 9 tonight lads!

Good game there tonight lads, 5 v 6 was very tough! Definitely going to be feeling it tomorrow. Looking forward to next Thursday, cheers lads!

tony1980 wrote: »
    Good game there tonight lads, 5 v 6 was very tough! Definitely going to be feeling it tomorrow. Looking forward to next Thursday, cheers lads!

Was a good game.Hopefully we can add to the numbers in the future.7 a side would be perfect.As i said last night i wont be available next week,but will be back the week after.Will PM you a few more email addresses for teamer.

Have arranged for one of the lads to bring an extra ball for the next night!

Cheers Pal! I just got two more private messages from lads interested in playing on the Thursday night, One said he can get a couple more which is great.

I think if we have about 18 names in total as we will always be short a few most weeks, then we should be guaranteed 7 v 7 and occasionally if its 8 v 8, then that will be fine as the pitch is big enough.

Hi lads, If anyone is driving though town I would appreciate a lift out, I tried to get the bus last night and it was late so I couldn't go...

• Advertisement

jamesoc85 wrote: »
    2. Miceal - TBD.
    3. Greg - TBD.

James, I think one of the lads said you were running late last night, im not sure if you made it and didn't know which pitch we were on. What direction are you coming from, someone might be coming that way that you could get a lift of from now on. We are going to play on Thursday night at 9 from now on starting next week if you are still interested.

Advertisement