Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-unit re-union petition

Options
  • 03-02-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

I know iv posted this on another thread and without starting a war about who's side your on or that you dont like them etc the game is trying to put g unit back together and has started an online petition for the fans to sign.

Obviously its up to 50 and he's having none of it so far from game but if you'd like to see it happen sign it. :)

http://gunitreunion.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Is there any petitions for all of them to piss off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

TheBza wrote: »
    Is there any petitions for all of them to piss off?

In fairness everyone besides Game and 50 have already done that seemingly.

haha, i was only messing, but where do i sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

In fairness everyone besides Game and 50 have already done that seemingly.

bucks in jail, yayo is at nothing. Banks is huge on the mixtape scene, he always has been but there's rumors of a rift between him and 50 of late hence him being so quiet, its a shame because he's the best actual emcee out of the lot by a long stretch and would rap circles around all of them.

there was a great buzz about them when they first came through and i personally think if 50 and game didnt fall out we would have detox already and g unit could of been a lot bigger than they actually were in the early/mid 00's. Dre himself said he's trying to put it right between 50 and game, game's reached out several times the last few years but 50s ego is too big and he wont accept the apology.

he went crazy after game set this site up, i cant blame him but id love to see it happen as fan.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.22761/title.50-cent-dismisses-game-s-g-unit-reunion-petition-says-they-will-not-get-back-together
    "You're not gonna get nothing back together," he said. "I decide that. I do what I want to do. I don't give a **** what they talking about on a blog post."

50 said that Game's petition was just a publicity stunt and that every time he cools off, he brings up his former ally. "Every time there was nothing going on [Game] said '**** you, 50,' to generate some sort of new interest," he said. "But now that doesn't work anymore. So you gotta figure out a new way to do it. And now it's saying, 'We'll get G-Unit back together!'"

Its a bit desperate from the game though isnt it, must be desperate to get back on the scene.

• Advertisement

or is he just taking the piss?

or is he just taking the piss?

he's not taking the piss i just think he's really sorry for what he done, he put a serious dent in the g unit as a group that 50,banks and yayo created thats why they have a hard time forgiving him and question why he and his current manager want a re-union so bad.

A lot of stuff went down but imo game was influenced too much by jimmy henchmen his manger at the time who is nothing but a sh*t stirring rat who was behind shooting tupac.

Didn't realise he was his manager, that chap is a snake.

Didn't realise he was his manager, that chap is a snake.

ye nothing but a snake is right, he's locked up now clown.

Ye heard about that, the FBI got him for drug trafficking i think it was.

• Advertisement

Ye heard about that, the FBI got him for drug trafficking i think it was.

Ye I think so , I think he came out about the pac shooting in prison so he's going to be facing charges of attempted murder more than likely.

He tried to get yayo locked up during the beef saying he smacked his teenage son in New York , yayo was only out of prison when he said that. He escalated this beef behind the scenes so much , nothing but a snake.

Pac calls him out in "Against All Odds". Doesn't look like Henchman be seeing daylight any time soon any way.

The full interview of what 50 said about the re-union... As much as id like too see it happen for the right reasons, i cant help but question game's financial/career motives in regards to another attempt of patching things up with 50.
    There will be no G-Unit reunion for 50 Cent and Game. The Queens-bred MC told us so last week, in an exclusive interview at his label offices in New York City.

"You're not gonna get nothing back together," 50 said. "I decide that. I do what I want to do. I don't give a **** what they talking about on a blog post."

Despite Game's online petition to reunite the crew, Fif dismissed the West Coast rapper's efforts as nothing more than a publicity stunt.

"Every time there was nothing going on [Game] said "**** you, 50," to generate some sort of new interest," he explained. But now that doesn't work anymore. So you gotta figure out a new way to do it. And now it's saying, 'We'll get G-Unit back together!'"

According to 50, some relationships are beyond repair, and it's deeper than music. It's not just the artists who have to deal with their old beefs, but the people around them -- their street alliances -- that have to as well.

"If it worked it would be something cool that I did," he said. [But] what would you say if I actually did put it together and then it fell apart right in front of you? Or if I bring them around each other and their feelings from a long time -- the disrespect and the talking -- bleed over into the people that are just around them and then one of them gets shot and killed, or one of them gets stabbed and hurt bad. Then what?"

Fif explained that his success, money and accolades haven't changed who he is and where he comes from. And that's why he's steering clear of getting the group back together.

"I think people think because they see that I'm not stupid -- that I did acquire new information as I went -- that I'm not who I was when I got here," he said. "And what happens is, when you put them [together]... you don't do that where I'm from. Not unless you want to see some **** happen."

http://www.theboombox.com/2013/02/01/50-cent-to-game-on-g-unit-reunion/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

i cant help but question game's financial/career motives in regards to another attempt of patching things up with 50.

It is 100% about the money. He even said it in JP.

It is 100% about the money. He even said it in JP.

It will never happen then because 50 doesn't need the money at all. Games said he wants to rekindle the buzz etc he always compared g unit to a modern day nwa and when they were altogether jimmy iovine use to call them the beetles of rap and it could of been truck loads of money,tours, albums etc but at the end of the day they all took a hit and are suffering for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

It will never happen then because 50 doesn't need the money at all. Games said he wants to rekindle the buzz etc he always compared g unit to a modern day nwa and when they were altogether jimmy iovine use to call them the beetles of rap and it could of been truck loads of money,tours, albums etc but at the end of the day they all took a hit and are suffering for it.

If Game stayed with G-Unit he'd have ended up like the rest of them. Look at Banks, Buck and Yayo now.

In hindsight, the G-Unit beef was probably the best career decision Game's ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Fingers crossed this doesn't turn into another Game vs 50 thread.

PrettyBoy wrote: »

If Game stayed with G-Unit he'd have ended up like the rest of them. Look at Banks, Buck and Yayo now.

In hindsight, the G-Unit beef was probably the best career decision Game's ever made.

In the short term yes but in recent years I don't think so tbh.

In the short term yes but in recent years I don't think so tbh.

Can you elaborate?

I'm talking about recent years. Game's doing a lot better than Banks, Buck and Yayo are these days. It's easy to say that if Game never started the beef with 50 all those years ago then G-Unit could have gone on to do this and that but the truth is that it never would have worked out. Look at G-Unit now - none of them are doing anything, 50 doesn't even talk to them anymore.

Game was, and still is, better off without them.

Fingers crossed this doesn't turn into another Game vs 50 thread.

Wishful thinking for a thread based on the topic of Game and 50 reuniting :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Can you elaborate?

I'm talking about recent years. Game's doing a lot better than Banks, Buck and Yayo are these days. It's easy to say that if Game never started the beef with 50 all those years ago then G-Unit could have gone on to do this and that but the truth is that it never would have worked out. Look at G-Unit now - none of them are doing anything, 50 doesn't even talk to them anymore.

Game was, and still is, better off without them.

I'm just going to say this now , I don't want to have this discussion with you if your going to get petty and drag up posts up from years ago etc. Obviously we are going to dis-agree as we do most of the time so lets both keep try keep it civil :).

I'm saying if the group stayed together IMO would still be putting out albums and generating a buzz, you think different thats fair enough. Either of us can tell what would of happened but I honestly think g unit together before all the beef had such a big buzz it wouldn't of just died down the way it did, I mean they all sold Millions at the beginning they were huge.

Games is doing and has done way better than the rest your right but in fairness and I think you'd have to agree its true, he was exposed to the media a lot more and gained a lot more attention going against 50 who was the biggest commercial rapper at that time generating a whole lot more interest.

G unit are at nothing for years your right again but 50s gave every single one of those including the game a career. Obviously in games case with the help of dre but none the less without 50s presence on his debut and the songs he gave him and actually being in g unit he wouldn't of got a break on aftermath not with the buzz g unit had back then.

We see dre dropping artists like there's no tomorrow unless there a cert to blow up and do commercially well, game wouldn't of got an album out of aftermath if it wasn't for 50 and gunit. Artists like kurrupt and Knoc turnal have gone on record saying he was about to be dropped if it wasn't for 50 so he owes him a lot.

50 has a hard time accepting games apology even though I personally think game wants to put it right and again I personally hope he does re unite the group because I honestly think there could be a great album/tour in the making even with 50 and game alone.

Either of us can tell what would of happened but I honestly think g unit together before all the beef had such a big buzz it wouldn't of just died down the way it did, I mean they all sold Millions at the beginning they were huge.
    ...and then the beef with Game started and that buzz died. All it took was one rapper to take down G-Unit. If Game didn't do it then somebody else would have.
    Games is doing and has done way better than the rest your right but in fairness and I think you'd have to agree its true, he was exposed to the media a lot more and gained a lot more attention going against 50 who was the biggest commercial rapper at that time generating a whole lot more interest.
    I do agree, that's why I said the G-Unit beef was probably the best career decision Game's ever made. If it weren't for the beef he would have continued to live in 50's shadow like Banks, Buck and Yayo have.
    G unit are at nothing for years your right again but 50s gave every single one of those including the game a career.
    And look what they've done with their careers - 50's not impressed anyway.

Banks is releasing mixtapes now but will he ever release another album? Buck is in jail, he has nothing to do with G-Unit and his career is as good as over. Yayo never had a career to begin with.

All of this after staying loyal to 50 for years and obeying all of his orders...I think Game made the right choice.
    I personally hope he does re unite the group because I honestly think there could be a great album/tour in the making even with 50 and game alone.
    The only people that matter here are Game and 50, the rest of them are dead weight, they bring nothing to the table. It would be good if Game and 50 appeared on a track together for Detox or if they performed together at some big event a couple of years from now..but a new G-Unit album/tour? No thanks.

...and then the beef with Game started and that buzz died. All it took was one rapper to take down G-Unit. If Game didn't do it then somebody else would have.

he was a big part alright but i wouldnt say he exactly took down g unit, the group fell apart in the last year really. I wouldnt put it down to the game on his own, I mean it wasnt as if he was that big to do it because at the end of the day his own label bws has never had one album released never mind a proper artist so too say he took down a group without ever launching his own is a bit much imo.
    I do agree, that's why I said the G-Unit beef was probably the best career decision Game's ever made. If it weren't for the beef he would have continued to live in 50's shadow like Banks, Buck and Yayo have.

he's not exactly reaping the benefits now though, i mean the brands 50 has built can see him through a rough patch when his music isnt performing like bisd, he'll always be relevant or at least appears to be always in the media eye via headphones,movies,books, boxing, sk project in africa etc he's got his hand in everything.

when game's music isnt performing as well as it use too i.e his last 2 albums he has nothing to fall back on thats why his manager and game are so desperate to link back up with 50... in a recent documentary you could see his manager wanting him to emulate 50 in buisness/music ventures hence the apologies and g unit re-union. It wasnt long ago that game's monthly bills/outgoings were leaked to the public and he isnt as minted as he lets on to say the least.

i think if g unit stayed intact things would of been a lot different, you dont thats fine either of us will ever know.
    Banks is releasing mixtapes now but will he ever release another album? Buck is in jail, he has nothing to do with G-Unit and his career is as good as over. Yayo never had a career to begin with.

banks released a fairly successful album hfm2 on g unit records 2 years ago, keeping in mind it was an indie release... the likes of bbb was certified gold... it performed nearly as good as jesus piece commercially. I think your honestly under-rating banks, he's not exactly irrelevant in fairness... when he has an album coming he gets attention.

The rest id agree with even though i like buck's music a lot and yayo still has 2 platnium albums to his name including beg for mercy which in fairness is a lot more than even a rick ross has who is considered the hottest rapper in the game atm, still struggles to hit gold.
    The only people that matter here are Game and 50, the rest of them are dead weight, they bring nothing to the table. It would be good if Game and 50 appeared on a track together for Detox or if they performed together at some big event a couple of years from now..but a new G-Unit album/tour? No thanks.

you cannot say banks is dead weight , he's is the most talented rapper out of them all. Like i said he'd rap circles around all of them, it wasnt long ago kanye west called him a top 5 rapper in the game that is severally under rated, his work rate is insane on the mixtape scene. Each would bring something to the table imo.. I honestly think if g unit toured you'd know you'd be there, be honest.

The official aftermath Facebook page are celebrating get rich or die tryins 10 year anniversary... They posted this , it's fairly impressive for 10 years since 50s commercial debut.

526549_553638581322334_1254031747_n.jpg

i think its fairly safe to say 50 is not going to let game back in g unit, its a shame imo would of loved to see it.

i think its fairly safe to say 50 is not going to let game back in g unit, its a shame imo would of loved to see it.
    You only figuring that out now? And why are you posting those old videos as if they're news? It was never going to happen for a number of reasons, main reason being that Game doesn't need 50 and 50 knows it.

Interviewer: When you look at the overall history Game has done very well without G-unit and without Dr. Dre.
    Star: That's why 50 won't **** with him.
    Interviewer: Yeah?
    Star: Yeah. See 50 wants to feed his niggas, and if he can't feed you then you're still a threat to some degree.

50 only wants yes men around him, Yayo and Banks need his permission to speak. It's sad to see tbh - not for Yayo - but for a good rapper like Banks that actually has talent. If Game and 50 were to bury the hatchet it would only be a few weeks at most before they fall out again.

Both videos were released in the last few weeks which I have only seen now... Do you have to get upset with every post ?

Both videos were released in the last few weeks which I have only seen now... Do you have to get upset with every post ?

Who's upset? You're the one that wants to see them get back together, not me.

Both videos were out weeks ago, right around the time you started this thread and you're posting them now saying 'well it looks like it won't happen after all'. Good on you for finally figuring that out.

Who's upset? You're the one that wants to see them get back together, not me.

Both videos were out weeks ago, right around the time you started this thread and you're posting them now saying 'well it looks like it won't happen after all'. Good on you for finally figuring that out.

man your so personal , honestly you do actually come across upset like you take my posts to heart when its anything to do with game, young money etc.

I know you've got a vendetta against me which is hilarious and annoying at the same time but the bottom line here is i think a certain someone is bitter about his favorite rapper the game looking beyond desperate but im sure the constant lick arsing of young money and rick ross and anyone relevant will pay off someday for him.

Im sorry too that i didnt cop those videos weeks ago, totally unforgivable from me :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

man your so personal , honestly you do actually come across upset like you take my posts to heart when its anything to do with game, young money etc.
    Nah you just come out with a lot of stupid **** that I don't really agree with, sometimes I'll address these stupid comments, other times I won't bother, depends on how stupid they are.
    i think a certain someone is bitter about his favorite rapper the game looking beyond desperate
    Care to explain how he looks desperate? The link to the petition was posted on his Facebook page. Game doesn't run his Facebook page, it's run by the guys at ThisIzGame.com. They post tons of different things, including everything that's on the forums. They posted random videos from his Dublin concert last year which was good, but it wasn't Game himself posting them.

Now, if he posted it on his Twitter (which he runs himself) it would look a bit desperate but he hasn't. Game has never mentioned, discussed or referred to the petition. Not once. So tell me, how does he look desperate?
    im sure the constant lick arsing of young money and rick ross and anyone relevant will pay off someday for him.
    Well you're the one that's constantly talking about him and buying his albums so I guess it already is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement