Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone have their cows out?

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

td5man wrote: »
    Jeez is the ground not very wet after yesterdays rain.
    is a bit but we read them-tb test- and just let them straight out. will bring them in after dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭C4d78

First night out. Just fed up of liming cubicles really (-;

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭golodge

moy83 wrote: »
    Whats weather like over there golodge ?
    ~+2 at night and +8 at day. Very warm weather and no rain. Sun is shining today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Round Bale

I have one cow out!
    Does that mean I can apply for membership of that exclusive "better farmer" club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

what meal are ye feeding the cows now that they are out- well out by day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

biddy2013 wrote: »
    what meal are ye feeding the cows now that they are out- well out by day

Base of 4 kg hi maize 18.cows feed to yield so some on 9 kg.average of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I've about 8 WH's out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

Muckit wrote: »
    I've about 8 WH's out ;)

They look good what ration are they on??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

ABlur wrote: »
    They look good what ration are they on??

I find this good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

Cows out, heifers out, calves out . HAPPY DAYS.
    Just dry cows left in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Can I go one better and say that the first cut is in the pit since last week?
    Willy waving:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

First batch of calves going out now. Dry cows completely p'd off the only ones left inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

First batch of calves going out now. Dry cows completely p'd off the only ones left inside

What age. Used to do here but in latter years keep inside till weaned and eating >1 kg ration. Worked well but find indoor handier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭nhg

Just let off 3 small batches of bullocks to start grazing off silage ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Everything out bar the calves and dry cows and maiden heifers and stock/teaser bulls.

Bag of urea out everywhere. Going dehorning now after dinner, the one good thing about all the bull calves this year is that won't take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

What age. Used to do here but in latter years keep inside till weaned and eating >1 kg ration. Worked well but find indoor handier
    These are eating 2kg plus enough forage to be a pat in the hole to keep fed so no worries. I'd be the same about leaving them out unweaned for another 6-8 week s. After that if weather was settled I be pushing them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

These are eating 2kg plus enough forage to be a pat in the hole to keep fed so no worries. I'd be the same about leaving them out unweaned for another 6-8 week s. After that if weather was settled I be pushing them out.
    Calves?? When born?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭visatorro

This is my best paddock for growing grass. This spring is the first time iv seen the cows cleaning it Out. Very happy with it. Slight poaching but not too bad. Other years the cows would just walk the grass into the ground and they wouldn't eat it out for the rest of the year. Hopefully get a nice bit of growth now. Hope things go to plan for the rest of the year and if they don't that il be able to do something about it

Advertisement