Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How articulate are you?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i can pull off stephen fly levelss of arhiculation when drunk...at least it seems that way in my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

IrishExpat wrote: »
    A refined and developed vocabulary directly co-relates to elevated status and income.

Fact.

So yes, I make the effort.
    I tend to agree. Sadly, a hard neck and huge ego have a similar effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Pottler wrote: »
    I tend to agree. Sadly, a hard neck and huge ego have a similar effect.

Two names that immediately spring to mind are Bill Cullen and Michael O' Leary. Neither of whom are particularly articulate, but are incredibly wealthy (Bill might be declared bankrupt, but guaranteed he still has a few bob stashed away under the penny apple cart!).

Two names that wouldn't immediately spring to mind are Michael Dell and Bill Gates, both billionaires in the IT industry, and having met both I found them ferociously inarticulate, could hardly string a sentence together sans prompting by finishing their sentences, but I never had the chance to meet Steve Jobs, who by all accounts was incredibly articulate, but had a neck as hard as a jockeys bollocks, and an ego to match! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Let's not forget certain TD's in the current coalition. Also TD's from the previous coalition. I'm thinking of the main party especially, in the previos government.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I does be getin by on me luks

Just as well! :p:D

(Your still one up on me) :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭HHobo

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    To paraphrase Hemingway, big ideas don't always come from big words.

True dat!

Advertisement