Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platonic friendship???

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Ah Op I think she is legit.... He may have knocked on the hall door when he heard her talking. Often if work rooms are being booked they are on the same floor and beside each other so am sure its coincidence. When you saw her your fears disappeared which is good. It doesnt matter if he likes her as long as yoou trust her. Enjoy the relationship and stop yer worrying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭im confused again

CaraMay wrote: »
    Ah Op I think she is legit.... He may have knocked on the hall door when he heard her talking. Often if work rooms are being booked they are on the same floor and beside each other so am sure its coincidence. When you saw her your fears disappeared which is good. It doesnt matter if he likes her as long as yoou trust her. Enjoy the relationship and stop yer worrying :)

Yeah I feel you are right. That is what I will do. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Op, I really think if your girlfriend had something to hide she would never have mentioned the interconnected door, and the fact that her colleague popped in after you were talking to her.. I think u need to let this one lie tbh, as she appears to have been honest with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

The things I don't like the sound of is that they had interconnecting rooms and that she ignored texts from you while he was in her room.

I would be interested in knowing who organised the room reservations, and I think you are entitled to know why she did not reply to your texts.

Re the whole not replying to your texts thing - whenever I'm with someone, unless it's an emergency, I'd never text someone else, be it my boyfriend or mother or whoever. It's just plain rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Re the whole not replying to your texts thing - whenever I'm with someone, unless it's an emergency, I'd never text someone else, be it my boyfriend or mother or whoever. It's just plain rude.
    If that's her explanation, well and good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭im confused again

Thank you to everybody for your advice.

I never thought she did anything with her colleague, I just thought the whole scenario was inappropriate, and by talking to her about it she might have avoided such situations again.

I have come to accept that everybody has a different opinion on what is appropriate or inappropriate as the case may be, although it is very hard if there is a big difference of opinion between two loved ones, but that might narrow over time.

So I don't need to talk to her about it now.

She is a wonderful woman.

Advertisement