Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Fees

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Just wondering whether a student who would of qualified for a post graduate grant prior to the change in legislation is still entitled to free fees?

<abuse snipped>

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

That appears to be the answer, i.e it is possible to receive BTEA and full fees for a h dip, provided previous years earnings are below €22,703 per household, Thanks

Yes - it seems so - unless there is some rule that states otherwise.

Of course the 22,703 will reduce by 3% in 2013 as per the budget

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dalmighty

okay heres my situation and would appreciate if someone could help!!

Im graduating this sept hons (level 8). have been accepted to higher diploma (equates to level 8).As far as I know seen as progression.

Im working part time at weekends,

Im 24 in july.. would I be entitled to maintenance grant/grant of any sort for fees for this hdip?

I would be grateful for sumones help?

Dalmighty wrote: »

Im graduating this sept hons (level 8). have been accepted to higher diploma (equates to level 8).As far as I know seen as progression.

Im 24 in july.. would I be entitled to maintenance grant/grant of any sort for fees for this hdip?

It depends

Do you live at home? Have you always lived at home?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dalmighty

at the minute I commute an hour a day to college living at home..

For the previous three years I lived away from home...

and from june for the hdip I will be away from home?

• Advertisement

at the minute I commute an hour a day to college living at home..

For the previous three years I lived away from home...

and from june for the hdip I will be away from home?

It's hard to say.
    I think looking at it that you might have to apply based on your parents income

There are no maintenance grants for postgraduate students

Depending on income you might get a fee grant of 2000 or 6270 if your income is very low

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭drphil90

Hi, I'm looking at studying a masters in finance in either switzerland or the netherlands as the fees are far cheaper than the equivalent qualification in Ireland. Am I elegible to receive the grant towards a masters fee if I am studying abroad.?

drphil90 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking at studying a masters in finance in either switzerland or the netherlands as the fees are far cheaper than the equivalent qualification in Ireland. Am I elegible to receive the grant towards a masters fee if I am studying abroad.?

No.

The grant is only available for postgrad courses in Ireland or Northern Ireland

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mindbloggling

my understanding of this is that you have to be seen as progressing through the levels and if they are both level 8 you will prob not be entitled. your best chance is ask the college as SUSI are unsure of everything.

Advertisement