Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things your OH has done recently to put a smile on your face

Options
  • 29-01-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭

There is another thread somewhere about 'things your child has done to make you smile' so how about one about OH.

My OH went home yesterday evening (lives a couple of hours drive from me). When I went to bed last night there was a note under my duvet. 'Love you xx'. So simple but Im still smiling today. Awwwww :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

My Husband does stuff like that, he works in London during the week so he gets up in the middle of Sunday night to get his flite.. so when he gets up he writes me little notes that I find randomly around the house i.e in the hot press or under plates its such a lovely thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

My boyfriend gave me a lovely back and head massage yesterday because I was feeling under the weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

He put on Cry Baby and watched it with me over the weekend. I love it and he hates it, but I was feeling blue and he knew it would cheer me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

He saved me half his chocolate bar today. :)

He has been known to leave little notes on my car.

He always, always goes out of his way to make it all better if I'm feeling unwell, or just a bit lousy.

I love that man so, so very much.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

He sent me a sweet text on the phpne, maybe not the most exciting but the contents made me smile :D
    He always says that I am beautiful.
    He gets me small suprises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was really down yesterday and he could tell something was up when he rang me after work. So he cancelled his evening plans, did all the housework I hadn't done, made me homemade chips and gave me lots of cuddles and laughs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

He gave up his Sunday lie in to stand out in the wind and rain fixing my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I've got a rotten headcold at the moment and have a day off today. He just arrived into the bedroom with a fresh box of tissues, a cup of tea, my book and the dog for snuggling. Cheered me right up!

After two (one long term) very unsatisfying relationships in the sexual sense, there are many, many things my boyfriend does to put a smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

He made the cat "say hello to mommy" on the phone :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

We were eating love hearts yesterday and he always shows me the best ones which he feels about me (and lets me eat them) and I do the same to him, small but very sweet:)

He also is my biggest fan with writing stuff even though it's not anything a guy would really be interested in, spent time finding the perfect pink for a header for me and helping me design it:)

Ohh and just there he sent me a pic of a clay snail he made in class for me (he's a primary teacher) Silly but very very sweet and lovely!

This thread is lovely makes me realise all the tiny things that add up that he does that are so sweet over the day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I was in an awful mood yesterday so we ended up cuddling on the couch watching Doctor Who until I felt a bit better. And I got to pick the episode :P:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

He serenades me with "Boobs glorious boobs" (to the tune of "Food glorious food"

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

My boyfriend is working abroad for a few months and so we only get to see each other one weekend a month. For our next one he is flying me to Amsterdam to meet him :)

He randomly sends me cute pictures of animals or funny pictures to my phone or email to cheer me up

He buys random little presents and gets them sent to my house. The other day a vinyl I had been lusting after arrived while I was out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

He gave my front calipers a few whacks of the lump hammer to shake things loose. Damn you dirty Irish roads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

He told me to keep Saturday week free...must be planning some little surprise! Making plans wouldnt be his strongest point so I'm made up! :D
    He's a dote...I feel sooo lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well we all seem to have lovely sweet men in our lives! Lucky us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Buys me flowers every payday. He always makes great efforts to get the most unusual ones he can find and I get these beautiful arrangements comprised of flowers I've never even heard of before.

Last time I got these, they were bonkers but amazing!

http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/2037287

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Buys me flowers every payday. He always makes great efforts to get the most unusual ones he can find and I get these beautiful arrangements comprised of flowers I've never even heard of before.

Last time I got these, they were bonkers but amazing!

http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/2037287[/QUOTE]

Lovely. My OH buys me lillies because I love them. Even though he is allergic to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just rang me to tell me he's booked a holiday for us. :eek:

Very surprised, very excited and very grateful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Got me a gorgeous necklace and earrings last night, to celebrate 6 months together.

He gives the best cuddles. And doesnt mind too much when i steal all the duvet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Woke me up at 2am to run around in the snow with the dogs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

My amazing beautiful perfect gorgeous girlfriend just wrote me a note and left it in my bag :) telling me she loves and and she hopes knows I'll do well in my exams (as if though). I'm really worried about results tomorrow, but it put a smile on my face :D She also arrive in college today during my lunch period and showered me with hugs and sweets :) I love you S******. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

I couldnt sleep last night and feeling anxious..... So he just rubbed my head til i fell asleep, even though he had to be up at 5am....

Its really the little things xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 supershy

i know i posted on romantic things the OH has done in the past but most recently is....i was having one of those days where i really should have just stayed in bed, it was a horrible day from the min i got up. I went to work and he knew by me that i was in terrible form. When i finished work and went to my car at 5.30, he had filled it with little treats - there was those Malteasters lined up all over my dashboard and in behind my steering wheel...there was a box of cupcakes on the backseat. He works bout 30 mins from me and always has my spare car key with him, just in case i lose mine :) I sat in the car and smiled from ear to ear while my eyes filled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

Even after nine years together, just the time we spend together has me laughing and smiling all the time. I'm a lucky one. :p

Oh and the Ireland v England rugby tickets he got us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm not having an easy pregnancy. Suffered from hyperemesis that hasn't fully gone away and spend all my time asleep or at work. My husband has done everything for me for the last 4/5 months. I haven't lifted a finger, and I can't really go anywhere or do anything fun. He still thinks I'm the bees knees and that I'm a hero for suffering through it. He's so excited about the baby and is dying for it to get here.

Have heard two stories recently about girls who have got pregnant and both their boyfriends wanted nothing to do with them or the baby once they found out :(

When I hear stories like that, or watch 16 and pregnant (so many asshole boyfriends!) I realise how lucky I am and that puts a smile on my face. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

We had an unexpected night away and he treated me to a shopping trip the following day. His credit card took a good battering!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bigfluffycloud

He farted loudly & blamed the poor dog...a fit of giggles followed, ah sometimes it's the simple things :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

It was my birthday yesterday so he took me out to dinner in town, because said-restaurant chain had closed down their branch in Tallaght, leaving me devastated! I have a weird appetite and only like to eat in a select few restaurants and so far in 2013 he has taken me to nearly all of them :D

Advertisement