Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with copy and paste from one drawing to another

Options
  • 25-01-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hello,

I have an end user with an issue. There are only three PC’s in the office that will allow you to copy and paste from one drawing to another. While some of the PC’s sometimes I can copy small items but it will take about 5 mins for this to process and other times it will freeze the program. In office are working from different formats of CAD but it is strange that it is working perfectly with on three pc’s.

There is list to see what format are using and all working on 2008 have the copy and paste issue:

CAD 2008/2008 LT -=> copy issues

CAD 2006 –=> can copy and paste
    So maybe there is an issue with 2008!?
    Anyone with similar issues !??

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 corollake35

About a year late for the reply but this can be a very annoying problem with autocad lt.
    I think usually cuased by pasting from a drawing with a huge amount of drawing scales most probably from an x ref'd drawing.
    Anyway, to solve problem see the following link;
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10031804&linkID=9240617
    which basically boils down to using the following commands to purge the scale list:

1.On the command line, enter -SCALELISTEDIT.
    2.Enter option Reset.
    3.When the "Reset scale list to defaults?" prompt is displayed, enter Yes.
    4.Enter Exit or press ESC.

The hyphen (-) is essential.

Hope this helps people with this problem in the future.

Advertisement