Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Risk Western Ireland Jan 20-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

Really light precipitation in Sligo and moon all weir

Bin and car white not ground

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

anymore for cork? its frosty enough looking out there so it should stick if it comes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

The game is up, all precipitation fizzling out. As is the norm in Ireland, low temps usually come with a nice clear sky. At least we can look at the stars instead of lamp posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 silverthorn100

At least we may get a frost tonight before a few showers may brush the southeast and east coast towards dawn.

Infact inland southeastern areas are at risk of some snow later.
    hopfully south tipperary/south kilkenny areas please.........

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

It's snowing lightly here off and on for a while, although nothing is showing on the radar ?, still have snow on the ground from the other day in the garden and in the fields but it melted on the road and driveway which is now getting the icing sugar treatment.

• Advertisement

bitburger wrote: »
    anymore for cork? its frosty enough looking out there so it should stick if it comes

One wrong letter and that could have been a very strange post! ;-)

Nice hard frost here tonight should make for pleasant viewing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I was hoping Deep Easterly would have something magical to say about getting snow in Tuam but it seems he closed his account. :(

I've a theory about why people are taking the drastic action of Closing their accounts rather than just taking a break from boards for a while.

If you want to re-invent yourself or contribute to the forum incognito due to personality clashes with other contributors, you can't just leave your old account active and start using a new account you've created. You'll get banned for multiple accounts. You have to close the old account to safely use the new one without risking a site-wide IP ban.

I've a feeling we'll still get the quality expert contributions from 'new' posters. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

It's bitterly cold out here in Connemara. Clear skies. Hard frost. Car read -1 but we were out in it for an hour and a half or more and it seemed colder than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

wow, that system vanished :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

It does look as if some form of cloud is moving in over the South East, at least to the untrained eye lol.

Anyone care to comment?

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home?type=rain_UK_forecast&time=201301220520

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Some very heavy snow being reported in mayo this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

snaps wrote: »
    Some very heavy snow being reported in mayo this morning.
    Woke up to snow on the ground in Westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kkel

I'm near knock airport but just a light dusting here, lawn covered but none on the driveway.....

Any more promised for today here?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Snow on the ground in Galway/Mayo border not much, but still coming down.

Showers look very weak going to be hit and miss this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Nothing in Roscommon, it's just very foggy :/

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Calibos wrote: »
    I've a theory about why people are taking the drastic action of Closing their accounts rather than just taking a break from boards for a while.

If you want to re-invent yourself or contribute to the forum incognito due to personality clashes with other contributors, you can't just leave your old account active and start using a new account you've created. You'll get banned for multiple accounts. You have to close the old account to safely use the new one without risking a site-wide IP ban.

I've a feeling we'll still get the quality expert contributions from 'new' posters. :D

There are some very new, very knowledgeable posters alright. I'm still looking for one with darkmans signature, haha. In fairness, if DE left because of stupid posters annoying him with silly posts, then I probably added to that.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

irish-stew wrote: »
    Thread should be renamed Snow Risk South West Ireland.

:(

I take it back, there is now snow in Sligo Town, and it has stuck.

:(

Those isolated showers must be holding a convention here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Light snow in Castlebar at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Yep Snowing Castlebar 0 degrees. Nice one!

• Advertisement

I think I have a problem, during a recent visit to UCHG to see my newborn son:D, I saw this and thought it would be great for flying down snow covered hills.
    Capture.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

I think I have a problem, during a recent visit to UCHG to see my newborn son:D, I saw this and thought it would be great for flying down snow covered hills.
    Capture.JPG

Many congrats Steve, hope Mum & baby are doing well :)

:D Actually, I think imagining snow covered hills in Galway is your biggest problem... :pac:

Lumi wrote: »

:D Actually, I think imagining snow covered hills in Galway is your biggest problem... :pac:

Thanks Lumi.That thought also came to mind but we live in hope of what February will hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Snowing here in Ballina but not sticking.

Lumi wrote: »

Not a figment of my imagination, yesterday.

20130121_12580612_zps7235bbf8.jpg

Not as much snow on local hills today. It was near all melted off the Bens by yesterday evening, there's more on them again today but I wasn't paying as much attention.

Rain/sleet/snow showers here. But the thaw is well under way. Place was like a bottle this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

this was yesterday in the Ballyhoura's at about 160 asl
    most of it still there
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBhsJ4OTay4
    sorry about the poor quality
    (boxers have poor brakes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭sunbeam

We got a surprise dusting of snow here on the Mayo coast this morning. All gone now though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Holy fcuk! Just started snowing extremely lightly here (location on left). There's so few flakes I could probably count them but feck it, it's the first snow I've seen in almost a year. I was beginning to think it didn't even exist. Over the moon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bustler

Snow gone from Sligo town now , lasted an hour or so, enough to make the worlds smallest snowman with the wee fella, so I'm happy out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Snow is all melted now in Sligo Town, but some nice sights of the surrounding snow covered mountains.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement