Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Risk Western Ireland Jan 20-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

I think this band could suprise some people and move a bit further inland then you think its moving a lot faster then yesterday already at the tips of kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes that band looks stronger and more active, the low pressure thats associated with it is moving towards us to. Only thing i'm worried about is temperatures, its warmer today than yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

General question - has the snow melted everywhere or can anyone suggest somewhere within 1 hr drive of Cork City that would have a lot of lying snow even this evening. Half thinking I'd drive my little son out to see it if so......

Macroom still has snow I think

snaps wrote: »
    Yes that band looks stronger and more active, the low pressure thats associated with it is moving towards us to. Only thing i'm worried about is temperatures, its warmer today than yesterday.

yes your right here but i think as it passes the snow fields in kerry temps could drop i could be wrong but we will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

snaps wrote: »
    it's fecking freezing here in Dublin:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Any chance of snow in Galway? Namely Connemara?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

(click on Nedbor)

I find this link very reliable and seems to what Met Eireann are relying their update at 4 21 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Well the Met update is very encouraging tonight, they seem to be totally ignoring the UKMO and GFS.
    Saying that it was pbly written prior to these models updates.
    Radar encouraging so not all lost yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Im looking at a big menacing wall of dark cloud to my west in last hour or so. 1.7c at the mo and dropping. All the high ground still white here

South kerry.

Looking very dull/snowy sky here in North Dublin and wifey saying the same over in Tyrellstown,dont know where folk are getting their temps from,maybe im just needing a tonic as i am bloody freezing here:D

give us some snow,let me get out and play in it with the kids:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

the snow in Dunmanway West cork

great video thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

General question - has the snow melted everywhere or can anyone suggest somewhere within 1 hr drive of Cork City that would have a lot of lying snow even this evening. Half thinking I'd drive my little son out to see it if so......
    plenty of snow in the ballyhoura's just north of doneraile .lots of access roads to take you to the edge of the forest which has plenty of roads and tracks.
    (edit)Doneraile park may still have snow as well.main gate will be closed but park outside and go in the pedestrian gate which is usually open

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Currently -0.2 @ South Kerry with pressure dropping.
    Lots of lying snow still here despite high temps/melting earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    Looking very dull/snowy sky here in North Dublin and wifey saying the same over in Tyrellstown,dont know where folk are getting their temps from,maybe im just needing a tonic as i am bloody freezing here:D

give us some snow,let me get out and play in it with the kids:cool:

Its been looking like that all day near Dublin airport and towards swords and nothing!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

At least we may get a frost tonight before a few showers may brush the southeast and east coast towards dawn.

Infact inland southeastern areas are at risk of some snow later.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Its been looking like that all day near Dublin airport and towards swords and nothing!! :(
    few folk in here from over my way and they have been getting the same that it has been on and off,more off of late but this morning it was pelting the odd time,misses had the kids out for hours in the snow:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Looking at the radar the precip is coming in alright so the latest models could be wrong, also posted over in the other threads were the latest TAFs showing snow for Cork Airport. We might still be in with a shout.

EICK 211700Z 2118/2218 VRB03KT 9999 SCT015 SCT025 BECMG 2119/2121 13007KT BKN015 TEMPO 2121/2202 4000 -RASN BKN007 PROB30 TEMPO 2121/2201 2000 -SN BKN003 BECMG 2122/2201 30007KT TEMPO 2202/2210 3000 BR SCT005 PROB40 TEMPO 2202/2209 0500 FG BKN001 BECMG 2216/2218 VRB03KT

Latest TAF for cork airport just issued, snow between 9pm and 1am, also I saw on ME's website temps of -6c for cork 6am tomorrow morning, at least it will be cold :)

Spindle wrote: »
    Looking at the radar the precip is coming in alright so the latest models could be wrong, also posted over in the other threads were the latest TAFs showing snow for Cork Airport. We might still be in with a shout.

seems to be breaking up quite a bit just on the coast.

Any reports from kerry what the precip is falling as ? hopeful it will make it into limerick,second time lucky last night half of limerick received snow except for me! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

noobsnow95 wrote: »
    Any reports from kerry what the precip is falling as ? hopeful it will make it into limerick,second time lucky last night half of limerick received snow except for me! :(
    Where abouts in Limerick are you

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Raining/sleet in Dingle town at the moment

dooradoyle, west of limerick got some nice accums so i hear out by ballingarry and newcastlewest.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Nothing here yet but not far away according to the radar, could get a few mms of precipitation according to the latest hirlam total till 9am, some places more, hope its snow then a few cms

http://www.weatherweb.net/tvweather/hirlamukpcpac21.gif

Nothing here yet but not far away according to the radar, could get a few mms of precipitation according to the latest hirlam total till 9am, some places more, hope its snow then a few cms

http://www.weatherweb.net/tvweather/hirlamukpcpac21.gif

all models very different. NAM and Ukmo suggesting nothing for down this way.

Hirlam much different and i found this very reliable last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

dooradoyle, west of limerick got some nice accums so i hear out by ballingarry and newcastlewest.
    Left a frost free dooradoyle at 8.20 this morning for Newcastle west. Not a flake in the city, sleet in adare, very heavy by croke. NCW was covered in a couple of inches.. Funny how 20 miles out the road can be another world altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Just after a drive to local shop. Mixture of sleet and snow fell briefly. Maybe for 10 minutes. Stopped again. Temp 2.6.

South kerry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

-2.5C here with very icy roads already. Snow on the way? :D

Went from 4c at about 5;45 its now -0.5 with a light mist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Precipitation seems to be fizzling out http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/radar2/WEB_radar3_201301211830.png

Ukmo high res rainfall prediction for 9pm shows nothing,
    http://www.weatherweb.net/tvweather/ukpcp06blend.png
    will be interesting to see what ME say soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement