Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDs looking after themselves

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hmmm, Sinn Féin and health issues...flight to America, anyone?

What's this now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

To suggest politicians are not in that line of work not to make money is ludicrous. They are in the business of getting re-elected and protecting their income like any other professional be they a doctor, dentist, architect. They need an office to meet their clients (electorate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Ghandee wrote: »
    What's this now?

Gerry Adams goes to US for private healthcare. NHS or HSE not good enough for Gerry.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gerry-adams-denies-hypocrisy-over-private-us-medical-treatment-3354250.html

Not the topic of this thread 'tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    To suggest politicians are not in that line of work not to make money is ludicrous. They are in the business of getting re-elected and protecting their income like any other professional be they a doctor, dentist, architect. They need an office to meet their clients (electorate).

The elected ones get their money from a salary. There are probably some unelected ones who have offices as well. Do you know any that charge a fee for a consultation at their offices?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

dvpower wrote: »
    Gerry Adams goes to US for private healthcare. NHS or HSE not good enough for Gerry.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gerry-adams-denies-hypocrisy-over-private-us-medical-treatment-3354250.html

Yea, shame on him paying for his treatment rather than waiting to get a freebie to add to the public expense.
    Shame on him wishing to get quickly treated so that he could get back to work serving the people.

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    Yea, shame on him paying for his treatment rather than waiting to get a freebie to add to the public expense.
    Shame on him wishing to get quickly treated so that he could get back to work serving the people.
    I know. And since he only draws down the average industrial wage as a SF TD, he must have had to save for ages to be able to jet off to the US for private healthcare.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - that Gerry Adams fellow is an absolute martyr.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Zebra3 wrote: »

They want us to pay new taxes on our homes to cover private gambling debts, they want charities to pay as well, but themselves?

No, it is to close the 15bn gap between what we spend on our State and what we pay in taxation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭Bad Santa

I wish TDi's did.

A support group, privately funded by their own money, paid for everything.

Probably to help out a man they obviously 'support'?

What's the issue here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

shedweller wrote: »
    Same as it ever was!

Stop making sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I know. And since he only draws down the average industrial wage as a SF TD, he must have had to save for ages to be able to jet off to the US for private healthcare.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - that Gerry Adams fellow is an absolute martyr.

You're not being fair here. His friends paid for the flights. He only had to save up for the medical treatment.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/sinn-feins-support-group-that-flew-adams-to-us-for-operation-has-750000-in-the-bank-3357528.html

Mr Adams has insisted that he paid for the cost of the successful procedure for a prostate problem in New York last summer and that the money did not come from Friends of Sinn Fein USA.

What's the issue here?
    What the fug are you on about? You asked a question and I answered it.

Gerry is a great lad altogether. A man of the people. He understands the struggles of the ordinary man to the extent that he only takes in wages what the ordinary man takes. Gerry wouldn't be doing with special treatment, its just not the way he rolls.

You're not being fair here. His friends paid for the flights. He only had to save up for the medical treatment.

But sure everyone knows that private medical care is as cheap as chips in the US. Everyones jetting off to the States for treatment these days, aren't they?

What the fug are you on about? You asked a question and I answered it.

Gerry is a great lad altogether. A man of the people. He understands the struggles of the ordinary man to the extent that he only takes in wages what the ordinary man takes. Gerry wouldn't be doing with special treatment, its just not the way he rolls.

Short version.

You think the man should have taken his chances and possibly have died?

I'm surprised at you.

You think the man should have taken his chances and possibly have died?
    One thing is for sure.
    Our hero would accept a penny if it wasn't a life or death situation. Not that he values his own life - its just that his work is not yet done here and he'd be letting so many people down if he died prematurely.
    The man is a living saint.

One thing is for sure.
    Our hero would accept a penny if it wasn't a life or death situation. Not that he values his own life - its just that his work is not yet done here and he'd be letting so many people down if he died prematurely.
    The man is a living saint.

I am not one bit embarrassed to say, I haven't a clue what that post even means?

Are you talkin in riddles here?

Advertisement