Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GaelLords.com Public TS3 & Gameservers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Short Stories Episode 2, Stealing a BTR90 goes wrong:

Best vid so far!

A few quick things!

Rain
    Anyway to reduce the duration of rain in the game or reduce the time between intervals? Not sure how random it is but it seems like it's raining 70% of the time I play and it really REALLY drains my fps especially when I am on Elektro or Cherno.

I love the realism of it, but I think the frequency is a little high. Any thoughts on this or could ye look into reducing it ?

Teams
    Since the introduction of squads in Independant, OP4 and Blu4 are pretty much non-existant and with it the large tactical base warfare. Loving the squad set up, really enjoy it but greatly miss seeing a massively defended base up on Devils or the harbor in Berzino/Elektro etc. Right now it's just squads setting up small ambushes and mini bases and although is really good fun, the bigger picture has gotten a lot smaller.

Is there a way that we could encourage more people to join the actual teams via some benefits you get if you are on op4/blu4?

Examples:

Only blue4/op4 can pick the mechanic/engineer class
    Blu/Op get starter weapons
    Blu/Op has a prebuilt basic base with a beacon already set up
    Blu/Op get alerted to an extra mission that independants don't
    Blu/Op Demolition class start with 1 sachel charge.. ( obviously this one is a little OP but you get the idea )

Airfields
    Really liking the new crop duster plane. Great for scouting and the respawn timers are nice. Much easier to handle than the C130 and plays a nice role in finding space for a base to set up, or doing a quick fly by over an objective/enemy position. Airfields should always be a hot spot, but other than the crop duster and odd chopper spawn.. there isn't much of a draw. Especially after it's been initially looted. Is there a way to make them a bigger draw again? Possibly even a good location for a base? Would make for some great fights. What about putting a repair pad in the airfield? That would be a massive draw and not too OP I don't think. Choppers would consider going back to the airfield to repair ( Which is dangerous ) Squads would bring top tier veichles there to repair rather more often than shell out money for a repair kit and so on. Alternatively just a refuel pad or something similar.

Anyway just blathering.. any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

-Vega- wrote: »
    A few quick things!

Rain
    Anyway to reduce the duration of rain in the game or reduce the time between intervals? Not sure how random it is but it seems like it's raining 70% of the time I play and it really REALLY drains my fps especially when I am on Elektro or Cherno.

I love the realism of it, but I think the frequency is a little high. Any thoughts on this or could ye look into reducing it ?

Teams
    Since the introduction of squads in Independant, OP4 and Blu4 are pretty much non-existant and with it the large tactical base warfare. Loving the squad set up, really enjoy it but greatly miss seeing a massively defended base up on Devils or the harbor in Berzino/Elektro etc. Right now it's just squads setting up small ambushes and mini bases and although is really good fun, the bigger picture has gotten a lot smaller.

Is there a way that we could encourage more people to join the actual teams via some benefits you get if you are on op4/blu4?

Examples:

Only blue4/op4 can pick the mechanic/engineer class
    Blu/Op get starter weapons
    Blu/Op has a prebuilt basic base with a beacon already set up
    Blu/Op get alerted to an extra mission that independants don't
    Blu/Op Demolition class start with 1 sachel charge.. ( obviously this one is a little OP but you get the idea )

Airfields
    Really liking the new crop duster plane. Great for scouting and the respawn timers are nice. Much easier to handle than the C130 and plays a nice role in finding space for a base to set up, or doing a quick fly by over an objective/enemy position. Airfields should always be a hot spot, but other than the crop duster and odd chopper spawn.. there isn't much of a draw. Especially after it's been initially looted. Is there a way to make them a bigger draw again? Possibly even a good location for a base? Would make for some great fights. What about putting a repair pad in the airfield? That would be a massive draw and not too OP I don't think. Choppers would consider going back to the airfield to repair ( Which is dangerous ) Squads would bring top tier veichles there to repair rather more often than shell out money for a repair kit and so on. Alternatively just a refuel pad or something similar.

Anyway just blathering.. any thoughts?
    Rain: Yep, it's supposed to be completely random but we can take a look at reducing its frequency.

Teams: I agree completely, yesterday when I went on there were 45 indies, 9 BLUFOR and 8 OPFOR. It was nice before to be able to attack a base with 10-15 lads holding it. I think a bribe is needed to get people to join it, and I quite like the idea of having only engineer classes available to teams and not independents. I also like the idea of a pre-built base, which could probably be done quite easily.

Airfields: The refuel pad is a great idea, and already exist in the game if I'm not mistaken. If it doesn't we can always rob the one from the Domination server :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

in the NWAF and NEAF i have already put in walls/building that cannot be interacted with about 1/2 weeks ago. think of it as a starter pack for the base.

and as it stands the fixed spawns are:
    NWAF c130
    NEAF CH47
    Balota AN-2

I have tried repeatedly to implement halo jump on the above vehicles to no avail and can't find the reason why it won't work on the server. But i will keep trying to get a fix for it.

in terms of giving bluefor opfor more luv i like the idea restricting eng/medic classes to those teams only.

I'm still working on the King of the hill scenario, my first attempt gave some interesting/crazy results.

There is also a nuke in the pipeline too but again a few hicups along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Laviski wrote: »
    There is also a nuke in the pipeline too but again a few hicups along the way.

On this point, I was standing on Skalisky Island and there was this kind of black snow lightly falling, thought it would look great in the fallout zone of a nuke.

• Advertisement

Cool thanks for replies!

what are ppl's thoughts on accelerated time

for example 2/3hour day night cycle

Can you have longer DayZ than NightZ?

Trying to search for supplies or kill priests at night or shoot down an enemy chopper ... all very tough. I like the idea of night time combat but on wasteland not so much, even if we started with free night vision goggles. 70 players on server, night time hits, only hard core roleplaying arma heads left.. server drops down to 20 players. But test it ! Ya never know. Could be the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

NVG's would be useful again. No harm in trying it.

Following on from what Vega said, this may be a bit more palatable with streetlights implemented.
    I have seen another bolt on mod for this and it looks ace, You can even control a power plant and turn off a towns lights for a raid.
    Edit - Found the mod AEG-ArmA-Electrical-Grids-(Script-Pack-and-Addon)

• Advertisement

Would it be possible to do bountys?

Like from the player menu put up "$200 bounty on Ktulu for being a ballbag"? Thne whoever kills Ktulu get $200 added to their monies.
    Maybe also spawn some money with objectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Would it be possible to do bountys?

Like from the player menu put up "$200 bounty on Ktulu for being a ballbag"? Thne whoever kills Ktulu get $200 added to their monies.
    Maybe also spawn some money with objectives.

Sounds like the kind of hit Fianoglach would make.

I really like the idea, especially if there were a system which would mark the hit's position on the map, accurate to about five minutes, so that people wouldn't lose interest. Groups could even call out hits on their own members in order to attract some much needed action to their base.

update this evening.

removed mechanic and medic from independ.
    Permanent base at atlar atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

DayZ2017 server now online at 88.198.53.215:2307 or search "GaelLords.com". Enjoy.

http://www.gaellords.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aoodi

DayZ2017 server now online at 88.198.53.215:2307 or search "GaelLords.com". Enjoy.

http://www.gaellords.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95
    Awesome. might give 2017 another go.

Nice going with the removing of medic/eng from independant.

1 tiny problem remains, this is the big killer for people joining OP/Blu.
    We are all too aware of the amount of times we start building a base for our team, we collect supplies, and some random team m8 joins the game, comes down to the base , takes the best gun out of the ammo box, hops into the chopper and ****s off into the sunset. Although its all about sharing, this is probably one of the bigger reasons people dont go OP4/Blu4 because they are constantly visible with the icon above our heads on the UI.

The option to turn off your blu icon temporarily ( go dark ) This might not be possible and yes there would probably be a bit of trouble in regards to accidental team killing but if you turn it off u die at your own risk sort of thing.

-Vega- wrote: »
    Nice going with the removing of medic/eng from independant.

1 tiny problem remains, this is the big killer for people joining OP/Blu.
    We are all too aware of the amount of times we start building a base for our team, we collect supplies, and some random team m8 joins the game, comes down to the base , takes the best gun out of the ammo box, hops into the chopper and ****s off into the sunset. Although its all about sharing, this is probably one of the bigger reasons people dont go OP4/Blu4 because they are constantly visible with the icon above our heads on the UI.

The option to turn off your blu icon temporarily ( go dark ) This might not be possible and yes there would probably be a bit of trouble in regards to accidental team killing but if you turn it off u die at your own risk sort of thing.

ppl will always greif u know that. its impossible/impractical to script for every eventuality. this game is a military simulator not cod or junior infants. if i catch ppl trollin i will just ban, in fact i rarely use the kick. so if ppl are teamkilling/ killing at the gunstore/ going osama with the c130 etc i will ban no warning. harsh maybe but this is a military simulator. play with the spirit of game in mind or else go back to bunny hopin back to cs.

ppl will always greif u know that. its impossible/impractical to script for every eventuality. this game is a military simulator not cod or junior infants. if i catch ppl trollin i will just ban, in fact i rarely use the kick. so if ppl are teamkilling/ killing at the gunstore/ going osama with the c130 etc i will ban no warning. harsh maybe but this is a military simulator. play with the spirit of game in mind or else go back to bunny hopin back to cs.

Osama is the only real option with that C130..especially the way I fly it as u know!

Also ... Blu/Op4 start with 200-300 dollars instead of 100 ? Spawn beacon reduced to 1200 for Op4/Blu4 maximum 2 per team ?

looking for feedback on the altar base on wasteland. additions i made yesterday

added lookout twr
    removed a section of the inner wall to make more room for vehicles
    fixed the gate so cannot be driven over. you now have to open gate to let vehicles through.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Needs the gate removed. Maybe put zig-zag barriers so you can't drive straight in but people can rush the gate and not have to mess about trying to find the open sesame option on their mouse wheel or be crawling under the barrier while under fire.

Or needs another entrance so its harder to defend, maybe a small pedestrian sized one just to keep the defenders on their toes. Currently the lack of decent cover where you can fire from while defending your attacking teammates makes a offence against even two people (who are half way decent) no fun.

Also, can you lock the weapons crates in place where they spawn? The bases are starting to fill up with crates because their now the only source of decent weapons. There was 9 crates in the Altar base 3 hours after last nights server restart. That leaves people to attack bases with bizons or mp5's :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Quick Clips 4:

It seems I'm the only one that thinks night time sucks, it was good while it lasted :/ Bye wasteland

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

I have to admit I thought the night was awesome, but I managed to find NVs about 10 minutes after night started. Think if we had flares it could be handy for both lighting and signalling.

night time is disable for the moment, will need to re write script as there is still some syncing issues to resolve. will have it ready in the next few days to try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

The gaellords server is slowly slipping into a waste really. The main problem, you could argue, is that the balancing is off BIGTIME. In the past, you could pick whatever class/sub-class you wanted.

Now the indie class has be culled and changed drastically. Blue/OP just sit in bases camping, and snipers hug the hills beside cap golova. It's not as sporatic, hectic or random as it used to be - it's less fun if truth be told.

Isn't the concept of Wasteland that you should be able to pick whatever you want? Do whatever you want? Instead, we have a few people throwing ideas here on boards, ideas get accepted, balance gets tweaked.

Such a shame

the reason indie got culled is the fact on a 70 man server is became 50-60 indie's, it actually came to a situation that i had to add more indie slots because all of them were taken. there was little teamwork happening. the suggestion to remove medic engineer was actually mentioned this thread to start getting ppl back into using teams again and start using teamspeak which has happened. I started a topic on our forums for opinions about this and the night cycle.

Night cycle yes its hard core and only true arma players would enjoy that the most. but if you try night cycle on with blastcore mod on you might just learn to adapt. Nevertheless still have issues with getting this to work as intended so its off the server for the moment.

edit:
    in case you didn't notice the i actually reduced the price of med kits and repair kits by half.

Isn't the concept of Wasteland that you should be able to pick whatever you want? Do whatever you want? Instead, we have a few people throwing ideas here on boards, ideas get accepted, balance gets tweaked.

Such a shame

Well we're hardly going to ignore the people we are trying to serve. Same way we are not going to ignore what you say.

you point out the OpFor and BluFor camp their bases, missions should take care of that.

There are always going to be bandit roadblocks (I should know :D ), only thing to do is armour up and kill em.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

the reason indie got culled is the fact on a 70 man server is became 50-60 indie's, it actually came to a situation that i had to add more indie slots because all of them were taken. there was little teamwork happening. the suggestion to remove medic engineer was actually mentioned this thread to start getting ppl back into using teams again and start using teamspeak which has happened. I started a topic on our forums for opinions about this and the night cycle.

Night cycle yes its hard core and only true arma players would enjoy that the most. but if you try night cycle on with blastcore mod on you might just learn to adapt. Nevertheless still have issues with getting this to work as intended so its off the server for the moment.

edit:
    in case you didn't notice the i actually reduced the price of med kits and repair kits by half.

Well I suppose whatever suits you guys is the better option, but it's frustrating for someone that plays indie for the class to feel such a big change.

I did notice the price cuts - which are great, so thanks for that. I guess the feeling of it being such a dramatic change is just something that will fade over time
    Well we're hardly going to ignore the people we are trying to serve. Same way we are not going to ignore what you say.

you point out the OpFor and BluFor camp their bases, missions should take care of that.

There are always going to be bandit roadblocks (I should know :D ), only thing to do is armour up and kill em.

I've no problem armouring up, but playing indie means you're generally scratching for decent supplies, and if an objective appears (by the time you get there), BLU/OP have choppers inbound, tanks near it, snipers on queue - it all feels a little one-sided.

Don't get me wrong, I love the server, but I wonder if there's anything to be done about future tweaks?

I've no problem armouring up, but playing indie means you're generally scratching for decent supplies, and if an objective appears (by the time you get there), BLU/OP have choppers inbound, tanks near it, snipers on queue - it all feels a little one-sided.

Ok, so here's what you do.
    Guerrilla warfare.

Find where their base is, grab a KORD or DShK and then get between it and the objective. Once you see the jerks coming back from the objective loaded with gear and happy and smiles, unload a few mags into the driver seat and crew positions. Mop up the survivors and you are done.

Gear.
    Kills.
    Delicious salty tears of rage.

A KORD or DShK will shred anything short of a T90 or M1. Just lean on the trigger and watch the fireworks.

• Advertisement

well i'm open to all suggestions, i tend to turn on the test server from time to time to try out new stuff but i will always welcome new ideas...

you can catch me on ts most afternoons/evenings.

Advertisement