Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler problems

Options
  • 19-01-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm having trouble with my 'Ideal LOGIC System 24' and it's flashing error code F1 (which means low water pressure according to the manual). It's just not turning on and it's ridiculously freezing in the house...

I've looked at the user manual and online and apparently I need to to get the pressure between 1 and 1.5 and at the moment it's at 0.5. Everything's busy telling me how to lower the pressure but how do I get the pressure back up again?

Any help would be great and if you need any more info I would be happy to comply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

I've tried opening up all the valves but nothing happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

u must locate filler loop.probably in hot press
    possibly a silver flexi pipe or half inch copper .decent photo of pipework and cylinder would help a lot and we can take from there

Cool, ok I'm on it! brb

I couldn't find any loopy things anywhere or copper or silver in the hot press...

• Advertisement

need more pics of pipes in hot press.the pic u did take is showing a pipe .will need to see more of pipe.the 2 pipes coming off ur cylinder that are directly in line maybe 1/3 from bottom of cylinder and second one above it 10-12 inches.these are ur heating pipes we need to see connections on them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Would it be the black tap at the gauge in Pic 0038?

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

Just found a loose copper wire there after I took some stuff out of the way...

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Would it be the black tap at the gauge in Pic 0038?

I've opened all the taps and closed them but nothing happened.

no they are the isolation valves to ur boiler.different kettle of fish altogether

• Advertisement

gdavis wrote: »
    need more pics of pipes in hot press.the pic u did take is showing a pipe .will need to see more of pipe.the 2 pipes coming off ur cylinder that are directly in line maybe 1/3 from bottom of cylinder and second one above it 10-12 inches.these are ur heating pipes we need to see connections on them

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg
    Here's some pics of the pipes.

that is an earth wire that should be clamped to copper pipe.the other pic u took doesnt show where the pipe goes when it gets to wall ,also no pic of the pipe above that,this is like pulling teeth !!!put copper wire back in under copper bracket in pic 41 and tighten screw

that is an earth wire that should be clamped to copper pipe.the other pic u took doesnt show where the pipe goes when it gets to wall ,also no pic of the pipe above that,this is like pulling teeth !!!

Sorry man... I'll go do that now.

im joking relax lol.pic 36 is ur heating coil.cannot see top pipe when it goes to wall in corner does it rise up and go down? ie is it a tee or an elbow.pic would help ! lol

good man pic 0038,wher pipe reduces to half inch as it rises,has it a valve above it?

are pic 36 and 46 the same lower pipe in both?need to see it in corner if it is.think we getting somewhere now!

Yeah, this and this are the same (the bit with the red tap.

im presuming hot press is upstairs.so u see in them pics where pipe reduces in size and rises.is there a valve on this pipe

good man pic 0038,wher pipe reduces to half inch as it rises,has it a valve above it?

You talking about this one? Sorry I think there's a few 0036's now... Em do you want another pic I don't really know what you mean... Sorry! I'm so bad at plumbing!

so,heating coil that u know now,if u follow them over to corner,one of them will go to a tee piece,dropping down into floor and rising in a smaller sized pipe.the smaller sized pipe heading towards ceiling is feeding ur heating system.this should have a red handled valve on it???

• Advertisement

im presuming hot press is upstairs.so u see in them pics where pipe reduces in size and rises.is there a valve on this pipe

Em theres only one valve and it connects to the back pipe like I've shown here: Untitled.jpg

Sorry it took ages my computer decided it wanted to annoy me...

blue or red??

so,heating coil that u know now,if u follow them over to corner,one of them will go to a tee piece,dropping down into floor and rising in a smaller sized pipe.the smaller sized pipe heading towards ceiling is feeding ur heating system.this should have a red handled valve on it???

Yeah so I had another look and the pipe with the red valve does go into a 'tree' or anything it just goes straight down into the ground (and yeah this is upstairs) and straight up too, and I followed it up and found another tap. The other pipe that comes from the top of the immersion heater (hot press) goes down into the ground too and goes up but it goes nowhere and the pipe ends and has a red plug in it.

blue or red??

it's a red valve. and you can see it in the picture.

LazyClouds wrote: »
    Yeah so I had another look and the pipe with the red valve does go into a 'tree' or anything it just goes straight down into the ground (and yeah this is upstairs) and straight up too, and I followed it up and found another tap. The other pipe that comes from the top of the immersion heater (hot press) goes down into the ground too and goes up but it goes nowhere and the pipe ends and has a red plug in it.

Oh a 'tee', totally misread the man... Yeah it goes into a T junction I suppose. It come from the boiler and then separates and goes up and down.

the red tap u mentioned first feeds heating.is that opened ?turned fully clockwise

the red tap u mentioned first feeds heating.is that opened ?turned fully clockwise

Umm I don't knkow... I'll go check.

There I just turned it as clockwise as it can go. I twisted it quite far... Do you think that was the problem?

sorry meant anti clockwise, long day!! so must have been opened ?

• Advertisement

below red tap,is there a brass fitting maybe 3 inches long?

Advertisement