Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Actually, anyone know a really good tailor in Dublin city centre? I've a few alterations I want to get done.
    Grafton Alterations on South Anne Street has a great reputation.

In eighteen months, I've gone form having no suits to three suits :eek: They're handy to have, but I get more wear out of them as separates! The difference, of course, is that for a girl, a suit isn't as versatile an investment as they're limited to workwear. I must remember this next time I admire one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I'll be getting a three piece suit this weekend (or at least trying one on before getting it altered).

My budget would ideally be no more than €600/€650. It's not for work, it's more for events (non-formal/blacktie), i.e. dinners and such. Probably won't get much wear beyond once every 3/4 weeks at most. Probably a lot less frequently than that even.

I've a good idea what I want from the suit (thanks to this thread and others), but my question is where would the best place in Dublin be to go? I'll be spending a lot of money (I hope €650 still qualifies as a lot these days!) so I want a good consultation (probably the wrong word to use!) and I don't want to feel rushed into buying the first thing I try on. Just somewhere with really good service who understand the investment you're making, and with a good selection of three piece's as I'm quite picky, and preferably somewhere that will do the alterations for me and allow me to pick it up at a later date if need be. Any suggestions would be very welcome, as would sharing your own experiences. Thanks :)

Any advice on best place to go? Cheers.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You've plenty of choices with that price range. I've bought some stuff in that price range from Louis Copeland's, and I've found their service very good, not pushy.

The Suit & Tux Warehouse on Anne's Lane would be cheaper but have very good service too. I bought a 3 piece there about 18 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tyre girl

Yidio is a great place to watch suits

Harvey is king

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Any advice on best place to go? Cheers.

try patrick sheary, tailor that opened suit shop. got couple of suits there (3 piece for less than 500) not sure I would go anywhere else.

He'll get it made and then measure it on you and do the alterations for that perfect fitting suit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nothing worse than lads who "suit up" on a Saturday night out/pi55 up. It's usually youngfellas/frat boy types. Absolute tw*ts of the highest order.

Saying that, nought wrong with a good suit. Me likes 3 piece, but have yet to buy one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

seachto7 wrote: »
    Nothing worse than lads who "suit up" on a Saturday night out/pi55 up. It's usually youngfellas/frat boy types. Absolute tw*ts of the highest order.

I dunno, each to their own. I'd agree with you to a point, I wouldn't have a problem with the above groups you mentioned, but when it's lads who go out and act like they're some sub-group of the local mafia, that annoys me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

discus wrote: »
    I dunno, each to their own. I'd agree with you to a point, I wouldn't have a problem with the above groups you mentioned, but when it's lads who go out and act like they're some sub-group of the local mafia, that annoys me!

Sometimes dapper groups of lads going out are grand. Mind you that being said ye get yer fair share of pr!cks. I heard a few lads walking down shop st. in Galway last week loudly proclaiming how "Fukn unreal the ladies will think" they are tonight; them in their Daddy's oversized suits :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

seachto7 wrote: »

Saying that, nought wrong with a good suit. Me likes 3 piece, but have yet to buy one...

The clothes don't make the man, if you're a twat without a suit, you're gonna be a twat with the suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Need a suit or two for work and I'm pretty broke.
    I have seen that Debenhams and Marks do very reasonably priced suits. For eg, Debs have a Red Herring suit for €125!
    Obviously not wool, syntetic, but the material doesnt look cheap and the cut is cool. I'm gonna buy a couple until I can afford better.
    Can anyone give me a good reason why not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

discus wrote: »

Tis the lads who think they're on a Hollywood film set get on my nerves...

Advertisement