Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options
1505152535456»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Gonzo wrote: »
    agreed this has gone way out of control, people having severe arguments over the weather, it's not like the snow or lack of it is gonna effect our lives to any great deal, the weather in Ireland is generally dull and boring and it's only every now and then we get a brief moment of excitement such as snowfall, high temperatures, extreme winds or thunderstorms.

I can understand being dissappointed as certain weather events do not work out but attacking other users with personal insults on their opinions I do not understand. It does not achieve anything other than a smaller audience, screaming at people who say it's not gonna snow tomorrow is not gonna make it magically snow. Hopefully next winter will see less drama in here and more drama with the actual weather itself.
    Hear here! And well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr.Burns

Lads I don't know much about what's going on but having read the last few pages I've one question to ask.

Why was this Min singled out in particular and told by the mods to create his own thread if he was doing nothing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    While you may not find these insulting, I find the content and tone of these posts both disrespectful and uncalled for to someone who was merely giving his opinion in his typically respectful manner. It seems now that people are just appointing themselves judge, jury and executioner when posters don't agree with them because the only ones accusing Min of trolling are yourself and that Cork fella.

All of the above is entirely reasonable if the response to the posts in question happened in isolation. But they didn't.
    Nobody insulted Min. Sure there was a bit of mild name-calling but nothing out of the ordinary.
    Are you aware of the history behind this? This is a long running thing.
    The posts at issue were both repetitive and obtuse and posted in the wrong place. Some would call that trolling.

Mr.Burns wrote: »
    Lads I don't know much about what's going on but having read the last few pages I've one question to ask.

Why was this Min singled out in particular and told by the mods to create his own thread if he was doing nothing wrong?
    ok,which one are you,cork surfer? This is tiresome,there's places called pubs,ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr.Burns

whitebriar wrote: »
    ok,which one are you,cork surfer? This is tiresome,there's places called pubs,ya know

I don't understand the question? :confused:

• Advertisement

Not budging out tonight.....could bounce peas on my stomach after big feed (ramp) of Railway Lamb.....

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Everyone should drop it now. Hard as that might be!
    No one likes or wants to back down!
    We want snow
    Others dont
    Fine.
    But really! No need for those that dont want snow to be here in this thread! Also no need for those who want snow to get sucked in by these posters who are up to no good.
    My tupence worth. Min should not post in here with the comments he does, just like spongebob shouldnt have in previous times!! its not a "i hope we get no snow" thread
    For me - its a stupid end to what has been a stupid snowless winter (snowless by the standards i had hoped for)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

OK FOLKS

LETS KEEP IT ON TOPIC , LESS OF THE INSULTS, REPORT A POST IF YOU THINK THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT, DONT TRY TO DEAL WITH IT YOURSELF AS THINGS ONLY DESCEND INTO A FARCE LIKE THEY HAVE NOW .

PLAY THE BALL NOT THE MAN (dont attack the poster , address the post )

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

back in business again and the ramping goes on!
    the 12z ECM is unbelievable, could winter 12/13 which delivered some brilliant charts but little else go out in style?
    C'mon, winter's last stand! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

ecmt850.216.png
    This is the sort of chart I've been waiting for, let's ramp it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Some nice charts there. Good bit out, but I wont stop ramping till the end of October 2013, then I'll start ramping 13/14 winter around the first week of November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

The last hurrah?

SnowIreland.jpg

Well here's as good a place as any to post my opinion, given,I'm pretty confident,and in the immortal words of The excellent BBC forecaster Tomaz Schaffenaker from 2010 'if you dont like snow look away now'

After next weekend, it does look plausible that the coldmageddon that Mt has been expecting will come to pass just outside of the timeline he gave.
    The Fi signals are varying in depth of cold but I'm expecting from about day 9 (from now)by the looks of things we'll know all about it.
    Its potentially a much colder feed of air than last weekend and crucially a lot more unstable.
    I think it could get so cold that the length of daylight will not matter one jot,snow cover will persist enough to cause problems.
    You put -9c or colder(as is likely eventually) air southwestwards fast over the Irish sea with a near freezing surface flow and you will have thundersnow
    Once in place it will take a while to shift this pattern.

No guarantee on the above but its highly probable in my opinion now (A lot of rain likely in the interim)

Well put wb. I don't have much time for this spring/sun too strong stuff. If it's cold enough it will snow in March and if it's snowing during the day time there's no sun to melt it! :rolleyes:
    March can be colder than January the same way September can be warmer than July. All we can do now is sit back and ramp wait and see if winter can out in style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Well put wb. I don't have much time for this spring/sun too strong stuff. If it's cold enough it will snow in March and if it's snowing during the day time there's no sun to melt it! :rolleyes:
    March can be colder than January the same way September can be warmer than July. All we can do now is sit back and ramp wait and see if winter can out in style!

September 2011 and 2012 WAS warmer than the preceding Julys.

Also, does anyone on the east coast remember March 2001? I got a few days off school because 4 inches of snow fell overnight, first and only time I got off school because of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Google Maps couldn't even get through the Donegal/Tyrone border without encountering the white stuff one April ;)
    http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=54.742659,-7.592583&spn=0.048951,0.336113&t=m&layer=c&cbll=54.742622,-7.592426&panoid=SLdFb8rVrT3WjivfP8LQ2w&cbp=11,205.9,,0,4.88&z=12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Well here's as good a place as any to post my opinion, given,I'm pretty confident,and in the immortal words of The excellent BBC forecaster Tomaz Schaffenaker from 2010 'if you dont like snow look away now'

After next weekend, it does look plausible that the coldmageddon that Mt has been expecting will come to pass just outside of the timeline he gave.
    The Fi signals are varying in depth of cold but I'm expecting from about day 9 (from now)by the looks of things we'll know all about it.
    Its potentially a much colder feed of air than last weekend and crucially a lot more unstable.
    I think it could get so cold that the length of daylight will not matter one jot,snow cover will persist enough to cause problems.
    You put -9c or colder(as is likely eventually) air southwestwards fast over the Irish sea with a near freezing surface flow and you will have thundersnow
    Once in place it will take a while to shift this pattern.

No guarantee on the above but its highly probable in my opinion now (A lot of rain likely in the interim)

Let us hope we get something more than last time but less than this.

h5A3BC786

:eek: wtf is this? this has end nov/dec 2010 written all over it!!

Recm2401.gif

lawdy......i thought we were ramped out!!!! Away for a few days and models go mad......have three feet of snow in back garden (Verbier, CH) now.....and given the exctended ramp, i thought i'd do a bit of snow writing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I have taken the decision to close this thread as i have been away for the last few days and just cannot believe the amount of crap on here. The forums to discuss the weather and perhaps a thread like this encourages meaningless chitchat and arguments.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement