Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 7 10inch tablet - $32.68

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Got a paypal refund, in full.:)

Although I had to send the item back, cost me €5:17. for registered post.
    I probably could have sent it back a cheaper way but wasn't sure.

Got an e-mail from them looking for proof today even though I had given them the track and trace number.
    I sent them a scanned copy of the registered post book, stamped by the post office.
    I rang paypal about an hour later and they said the case was closed, full refund.
    The bloke on the phone was sound and I told him the full story, so he put a block on the Paypal account.

Lesson learned.

(Gonna hit Focalprice now)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dats_Dope

The Mulk wrote: »

Got an e-mail from them looking for proof today even though I had given them the track and trace number.
    I sent them a scanned copy of the registered post book, stamped by the post office.
    I rang paypal about an hour later and they said the case was closed, full refund.
    The bloke on the phone was sound and I told him the full story, so he put a block on the Paypal account.

Lesson learned.

So what do you think i should do then? should i refuse to sign for the parcel at the door or should i sign for it and open it and send it back as proof it was fake? Glad you got sorted dude, i hate when ****e like this wastes time and money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Lesson learned.

Glad you got your money back. You had to send the item back though? To the scammer? Don't understand why they'd want you to do that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭frankmul

I got caught before on eBay by a scam, when I opened a dispute with PayPal, they found in my favour for the case but could not give me back my money as the PayPal account was closed? I ended up going through chargeback on my credit card. I had to wait 60 days but it was cleared up by the bank in about 2 days. I advise people now to link their credit card to PayPal. Double the protection.

Glad you got your money back. You had to send the item back though? To the scammer? Don't understand why they'd want you to do that :confused:

They probably wanted to cover all angles, in case he argued it was a genuine mistake maybe?
    I just had to show proof of postage. They never waited to see if he got it.

• Advertisement

Well this is what i got today :mad:

DSC_0090.jpg

Paypal said they are gonna issue a refund if i supply them with a tracking number so its not so bad

Dats_Dope wrote: »
    Well this is what i got today :mad:

DSC_0090.jpg

Paypal said they are gonna issue a refund if i supply them with a tracking number so its not so bad

They'll go nice with the bracelet I got;)
    My full refund came through today into my account.
    Hopefully the scammer can't celebrate too much for the Chinese new year

They'll go nice with the bracelet I got;)
    My full refund came through today into my account.
    Hopefully the scammer can't celebrate too much for the Chinese new year

Ha ha yea imagine if he was tryna smuggle a whole outfit bit by bit :O
    sent them the tracking number they said theyd pay up when it gets delivered, strange address tho, was this the same one you sent back to the scammer?

baiyunquzhuhaijinshawan16dong306shi
    guangzhoushi
    Guangdong Province, 510000
    China

Ha ha yea imagine if he was tryna smuggle a whole outfit bit by bit :O
    sent them the tracking number they said theyd pay up when it gets delivered, strange address tho, was this the same one you sent back to the scammer?

baiyunquzhuhaijinshawan16dong306shi
    guangzhoushi
    Guangdong Province, 510000
    China

Yeah the same address as above, they refunded me once I gave proof of postage.
    They didn't wait till he received it.

Yeah the same address as above, they refunded me once I gave proof of postage.
    They didn't wait till he received it.

hmm i might ring them tomorrow so, they just asked me for tracking number and then they sent me a email saying they would refund once its delivered, Hopefully this scumbag didnt enjoy the chinese new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

If you don't send it back can you do a chargeback through your credit card instead? Why should the buyer be left out of pocket for the postage costs when the item is not what was ordered?

chasm wrote: »
    If you don't send it back can you do a chargeback through your credit card instead? Why should the buyer be left out of pocket for the postage costs when the item is not what was ordered?

duno what that is? i payed with paypal and asked them to refund me from day 1 but got the earrings in the post today, It did cost 5.16 to send it back i suppose 20 back and the knowledge that this ****er didnt get money off me is the main driving force now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

It doesnt even look like paypal care about what tracking number you provide ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

These guys try these scams because all they need is 1 out of 1000 not to bother trying to get their money back and they get the money.

Bah just to update, rang paypal today because the damn claim went back a step, explained to them that he sent me earrings instead of a tablet PC, it was like it was the first time they heard that when i wrote it on the claim a couple of weeks ago, anyway i explained the whole thing to him about getting an email from ebay saying the seller removed the item etc and that he sent me a pair of earrings and that i sent them back to that address he gave, seems all paypal are waiting for now is an attempt at delivery or a delivery and i get my money back then, i dont really care tbh its just 25eur but its down to pride now :mad:

B@stard refused delivery but got my money back :D

Pride Salvaged!

B@stard refused delivery but got my money back :D

Pride Salvaged!

Nice one, I'd say he is sick, hope he didn't make a penny off anyone

Advertisement