Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 7 10inch tablet - $32.68

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

paulztag wrote: »

EDIT.

The account is hacked. Was selling Hoodies up to yesterday, also other accounts have been lying dormant since september. All of a sudden are selling all of these "too good to be true" items..

Yeah.

He was shut down as a different name/seller three weeks ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056847724

Eventually everyone had to ask for their money back.
    He's also selling the MK808 for €12.65

You could try it, but my money is on some sort of scam..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paulztag

Already ordered the MK808 and was thinking about the tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

jesus seems great alright, im not really sure about it tho

ya win7 wouldn't work that well.

says "support WIN7 and Android double system".

Suppose worst that can happen is that I'll have to get paypal to refund my money

The seller will be shut down within 3/5 days. you then have 45 days to wait for the item or open a dispute.

So if the item hasn't come in 35 days, open dispute (By the way, three people argued about the 45 day policy, one saying it's only 30 days - which is roughly the same length of time it takes to be delivered from China.) go through all the motions, and end up with your money back, which will probably be a pain in the ass for some people.

I think the scam lies therein. He is optimistic that many people won't chase €12.65 and some won't chase €35.

Personally, after the previous three, i wouldn't touch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

As someone who buys MK808's from suppliers direct - I can't imagine this is legit. No way would he get that price, never mind getting it cheap enough to cover Ebay fees and profit.

Scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

ya no what for 25 quid its worth a gamble i guess

Edit: Its a trap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Definitely a scam.

This guy has hundreds of wordpress sites, Cheap money off sites, free hosted sites, blogs, and ebay profiles..

Probably gave himself a lot of the 208 stars, and sold some genuine objects. It can be a pain in the ass trying to get money back from these. He is banking on you giving up..

IT IS NOT WORTH A SHOT.

After looking a bit into the other one, and reading other forums that posted info about these scams, I recommend everyone stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Ebay shuts down a lot of accounts even if theyre not a scam. I sold an MP3 player a few years back on EBAY for 80 quid. Just as i posted it they blocked my account saying i didnt have the item as its an item thats commonly used in a scam.

They demanded a photo of me holding the MP3 player as proof i really have it!!

As i had just posted i couldnt get one and then started getting bad reviews as the buyer was convinced it was a scam. From his end it looked that way as i couldnt contact him.

Left me with a blocked account and accounts just keep getting blocked as soon as i type in my details to open new account.

Paypal and Ebay have the worst employees in the world and ALWAYS favour the buyer rather than seller.

Edit - not saying this isnt a scam but just letting you know. In fact its 100% a scam as an easy way to check is wether its on Aliexpress for the same price. Aliexpress only releases the funds after confirming delivery so people dont get hit with this scam.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Definite scam. Even the license for windows 7 should be more than that. Even if it's just Win7 starter.

Here is another one. Look at his items for sale..

Western Digital 4TB My Book Essential. - $32.99

http://www.ebay.com/sch/zhush1986/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Stay away stay away stay away stay away stay away stay away stay away stay away stay away stay away stay away stay away stay away stay away

And another

http://www.ebay.com/sch/xiapoyin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭flutered

if its too good to be true, then it usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

paulztag wrote: »
    Already ordered the MK808 and was thinking about the tablet.

Did anything come of this?

I ordered the tablet, but opened a paypal dispute straight away after i read this thread.
    Got a tracking number from them and it's sitting in the sorting office at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The Mulk wrote: »

I ordered the tablet, but opened a paypal dispute straight away after i read this thread.
    Got a tracking number from them and it's sitting in the sorting office at the moment.

We'll be needing photos!

invest4deepvalue.com

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow,:rolleyes:

just, for example, there's a telephone book in the parcel, what are my chances of a refund from paypal.
    I have received a potential fraud message from the "Ebay loss prevention department"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Empty parcel?

Hadn't heard anything about it so I opened a paypal case yesterday. Nothing back yet though. Be very interested to see if you actually get the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Yeah I'd look to open it in the post office before signing for it.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Yeah I'd look to open it in the post office before signing for it.

That mightn't be possible, it'll probably come in through work with a number of other parcels, signed for by the security guard.

I'll stick it back up on ebay:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Dats_Dope

Ya i brought one as well and the same as you they got a tracking number from him, If paypal sees all the disputes about the seller would they not cop on like? what if a parcel does arrive do i sign or refuse it

I'll update tomorrow, if it comes in, and if there's any hassle i'll e-mail Paypal again and let you know the outcome

Package arrived in work today,

no tax or duty woo hoo!

Cutphoto_zpsc4f2bee6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

What is inside the box ?

Don't keep us waiting :pac:

Jarren wrote: »
    What is inside the box ?

Don't keep us waiting :pac:

Sorry I tried to post an image, the site must be blocked in work,

a small jiffy bag came containing a rubber/magnetic wristband!

worth about 20cent!:mad:

It was signed by courier/security as it was with a number of parcels to this address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Sorry to hear it :(

Get Paypal to do chargeback asap

Hate scammers :mad:

I opened a dispute as soon as ebay closed the listing, so i sent paypal all the details from this mornings delivery.

I hope they hurry up and refund me because there's a guy on ebay selling air guitars and I want one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Package arrived in work today,

no tax or duty woo hoo!

Cutphoto_zpsc4f2bee6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Cutphoto_zpsc4f2bee6.jpg

That sucks. I hope you get it sorted..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dats_Dope

It was signed by courier/security as it was with a number of parcels to this address

Ah balls well i wonder whats in my lucky bag :rolleyes: mines still on the way ill post whatever comes up for me too, i hope paypal dont make their decision before the thing comes as at the moment my claim is up to their final decision at the moment

• Advertisement

Scum bags. sorry to hear that. I have been waiting on a few MK808's with remote since the 7th. Received an email from ebay yesterday saying that it has been removed. Opened a dispute that was escalated to a claim straight away.. :mad::mad:

To make matters worse i found the remote on a trusted site for €14 and the MK808 on the same site for €35. So i would have got peace of mind included for the extra €8. I don't normally buy from ebay, but i got sucked in to this because tons of people were buying and the seller wasn't selling loads of other crɐp in his store.

I received an email again today from ebay stating it was sent 20 hours before and telling me to reply in a certain time, Paypal respond was down. This sort of sh!t has me panicking that my cash is going..

Advertisement