Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IAA AGM 2013 Discussion Thread.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I note that after more than 48 hours no member of the current - unelected - committee has had the basic professionalism or good manners to answer SEALs_Ireland's question.

The question has been asked a couple of times down the years, and the answer remains the same: according to both the Constitution and the Notice of the AGM, only members whose subscriptions are paid up by a certain date can attend the AGM.

A properly run organisation is always ready to review its rules, and in my opinion this rule is overdue for debate. There are arguments both for and against allowing a very small number of observers in certain circumstances, but the position at the moment is that the rules don't allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

I'm already aware of how AGM's run in general and thank you for clarifying that point

Would a member of the current committee, please answer my question? :)

Ok if you already know how agms work nothing needs clarificatio, the only exception being appointed as proxy for someone entitled to attend.

I mean would one expect any member of the public be able attend an agm of say the FAI? I'm pretty sure its just the shareholders etc

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Despite rumours to the contrary, the Irish Airsoft world does not revolve around Boards.ie. The IAA has its own forums which the committee actively monitors (yes despite the amazingly low amount of posts) along with Twitter, Facebook and a direct email address for the Committee info@irishairsoft.ie

I am sorry seals if you did not get a reply on this forum from us. It’s not a communications channel we support for contacting us for information. If you want to address any further questions to this unelected committee or the incoming, soon to be elected, committee please feel free to mail us, or reach out on our forums. Contact via email always gets a fast response as we have several people monitoring it. If your a member and attending later I look forward to meeting you and am open to cover this topic in more detail in person.

The previous replies are correct, the AGM is for Members and Affiliates only.

I would also support a motion to open it for a public section in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

OzCam wrote: »
    I note that after more than 48 hours no member of the current - unelected - committee has had the basic professionalism or good manners to answer SEALs_Ireland's question.

I don't recall boards.ie being the iaa forum. I would assume if the question were asked through the correct channels it would be answered. I mean if I used yahoo to ask the same question could I expect to be answered? Probably not as its not the right place to ask or answer these questions.

Also the question was answered before it was asked. Its in the constitution and in the announcement "fully paid up members"

Jesus wept all this iaa bashing is unreal. Bad iaa, naughty iaa, not run proper iaa blah blah balh I would thing that the agm was given notice and the notification apprears to be in line with the constituton then they are running it right. As for properly elected, well committe members don't need to be elected, if the constitution allows they can be co-opted by the sitting committee once they are all in agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Excellent AGM and nothing but good people in attendance, all of my questions were answered and the newly formed committee look good going forward

Hopefully the plans and goals set out will be achieved, with all focus on the positive :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement