Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seborrheic Dermatitis

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all, has anybody tries dead sea salt?, a number of people seem to swear by it for seb derm. I have had the worst few months of the condition that I have ever had, the dry skin, flaking around the jaw has been incredibly stubborn. The only thing that seems to touch it is hydrocortisone, however this aggravates the Rosacea with me so it's a vicious circle. At this stage I have given up on Dermatologists who I have literally spent thousands with over the years.
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

its not just diet. stress and lack of sleep also trigger it for me.

for me...
    diet:i try to cut out yeast breads and milk and sweets

nizoral shampoo is the only thing that fixes bad flare up on head and face

Cortizone 1% is ok for sd small patches but you cant use it regular as it can ruin your skin

the only moisturizer i can use is the special SD one (kerium DS) by laroche posay ,all the rest (tried dozens, e45 etc) caused red and painful irritation.

Thats my tactics for this annoying as fcuk condition..oh this might seem weird but it goes away pretty fast when you are having regular sex...im no doctor...:)

Advertisement