Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowlan Park Concert 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

They can't tease us like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Word on the street is that there's more than one concert booked for dates over the summer. Andrea Bocelli (again) is the name I heard.

That's all rumour and conjecture though. The cold hard facts are that Bruce Springsteen is playing Kilkenny in July. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Mankbag wrote: »
    It's not up to O'Loughlins to be confirming Springsteen is playing. Nothing to do with them. But while it does look like an announcement will be made on Thursday, there IS a chance it'll be an announcement about a gig featuring a number of performers - ie not Springsteen.

Think they'll be providing the parking so it has something to do with them

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

What, parking for 35,000 people in O'Loughlins?! I'd imagine there'll be parking in several locations in town - James's Park, the old mart - with a park-and-ride service operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Say/hope public transport will be encouraged with special trains laid on. It's ideal right beside the railway station. Well, that's what should happen anyhow, but not sure if Irish Rail will run trains late at night. They really should do.

• Advertisement

I like the idea of a few concerts :-) Plenty of tourism for Kilkenny :)

So we are still at the "might be" stage re Bruce? Anyone know when we might know for sure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

mfitzy wrote: »
    So we are still at the "might be" stage re Bruce? Anyone know when we might know for sure ?
    According to Sue Nunn Show, who were in touch with the promoter today, (Aiken), it's NOT Springsteen but possibly someone else.

According to Sue Nunn Show, who were in touch with the promoter today, (Aiken), it's NOT Springsteen but possibly someone else.

Yea i heard that aswell :( but they should at least get another big name to play or a few ;)

That bastion of truth and facts :rolleyes:...Pity though I would have went to see him. Either way great to see a big concert back in the city.
    Last one was Dolly in 2008 if i'm not mistaken? Was a piss wet evening/night.

• Advertisement

That bastion of truth and facts :rolleyes:...Pity though I would have went to see him. Either way great to see a big concert back in the city.
    Last one was Dolly in 2008 if i'm not mistaken? Was a piss wet evening/night.

Yea Dolly played that year but i was at a different concert that night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Hector is in Langtons Thursday morning with his 2fm show for the official announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I hear its the KK hurling panel doing the Gangnam style dance. Cant wait to see Shefflin doing that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I dunno. I'm hearing a 3 day festival for Nowlan Park now. Seems ridiculous. Would be unreal if it was true though. Of course Bruce is still mentioned as one of the acts.

Would love some proper confirmation.

EDIT:

I missed the broadcast but KCLR seem to have said that it's a 3 day festival and Bruce will be playing. Aiken are announcing on Thursday.

I dunno. I'm hearing a 3 day festival for Nowlan Park now. Seems ridiculous. Would be unreal if it was true though. Of course Bruce is still mentioned as one of the acts.

Would love some proper confirmation.

EDIT:

I missed the broadcast but KCLR seem to have said that it's a 3 day festival and Bruce will be playing. Aiken are announcing on Thursday.

3Day Festival...interesting. Has this been in a town/city centre at all?
    Usually it's out the country like Slane or Punchestown.
    I know Source attracts a typically older crowd anyhow so probabaly the anti-social thing may be less of an issue. Great boost to Kilkenny if it comes to pass....

KCLR have it on here, still not confirmed but seems an open secret at this stage;

http://kclr96fm.com/news/the-boss-is-expected-to-headline-a-three-day-festival-in-kilkenny/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

KCLR have it on here, still not confirmed but seems an open secret at this stage;

http://kclr96fm.com/news/the-boss-is-expected-to-headline-a-three-day-festival-in-kilkenny/

I hope this forum isn't their usually reliable source :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Rumours going around now that he's going to be playing two nights in Kilkenny. This is getting more surreal by the hour.

3 day festival would be great if its true. Any other names mentioned for the gig or is it just Bruce???

Bruce is all I've heard at the moment. If they left it at that then I'd be delighted.

Hopefully a few local acts get to perform beforehand. To share the stage with someone as iconic as Bruce would be something special.

Having said that, if Bruce plays his usual 3 hour gig then there won't be all that much room for other acts. They'd have to start at around 4/5 to get three or four acts in before him.

I wonder what the price will be? He usually charges around the €100 mark for his own gigs. Don't know what we'd be looking at if it's a festival.

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    3 day festival would be great if its true. Any other names mentioned for the gig or is it just Bruce???

Fleetwood mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

No Fleetwood Mac - that's just Rumours...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Oh man - already have tickets for Springsteen in Limerick, Cork and Belfast - I am going to be broke altogether if Kilkenny is added to the list :)

Hector is in Langtons in the morning. Might pop the head in

Hector played Flletwood mac after mentioning he will be in Langtons to announce who is going to be playing. I thought it was a bit tongue in cheek, this was at the very end of his show

Wild rumours that it is going to be three back to back gigs
    Andrea blindboy bocelli
    The boss
    And Fleetwood mac

If this is true I expect two of the three defo to be playing

All wild runours and hear say though

Looks like Source (if it's still called that) is coming back with a bang this year. Quite a PR coo to have it announced on national radio at peak time.

Pretty much a festival every weekend in Kilkenny through Spring to Autumn. Well done to all involved, once again Kilkenny does things for itself through excellent professionals and volunteers.
    Very ease to whinge on about how the govt should be creating jobs yada yada but it's ultimately private efforts that get positive things like this going. The spin offs are immeasurable for the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Fleetwood Mac are pretty busy until the start of June.. but after that who knows.

Fleetwood Mac 2013 Tour Dates

4/4 – Columbus, OH – Nationwide Arena
    4/6 – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
    4/8 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
    4/9 – Washington, DC – Verizon Center
    4/11 – Louisville, KY. – KFC Yum! Center
    4/13 – Chicago, IL – United Center
    4/16 – Toronto, ONT – The Air Canada Centre
    6/30 – Portland, OR -Rose Garden Arena
    7/3 – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center
    7/5 – San Diego, CA – Viejas Arena
    7/6 – Saramento, CA – Sleep Train Arena

Very much looking forward the announcement of this tomorrow and the buzz it will bring to Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Bruce, Fleetwood Mac and Elvis costello.

Bruce, Fleetwood Mac and Elvis costello.

Are they confirmed???

Autosport wrote: »
    Are they confirmed???

All will be revealed tomorrow morning on 2FM Hector's show.

• Advertisement

Wont hear the radio as i'll be in work but i'm sure i'll find out here :D

Advertisement