Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowlan Park Concert 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Any tips for today's concert? We are hoping to have lunch somewhere nice and then head into the concert, getting the train there. Is there anywhere nice to eat in walking distance of nowlan park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Does it matter where they are, you only have a problem if you like to speed....

because its so hard to go over 53km on the dublin road or waterford road, bennetsbridge road, or castlecomer road? Most people do it without even noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

allgirlz wrote: »
    Any tips for today's concert? We are hoping to have lunch somewhere nice and then head into the concert, getting the train there. Is there anywhere nice to eat in walking distance of nowlan park?

Lots of restaurants down John St, very close to train station and Nowlan Park... Chinese, Italian etc You should have no problem finding one, I would recommend Langtons myself- great food and menu

• Registered Users Posts: 6 noelle

What time did it start to get busy? Just wondering what time to head in to be near to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

noelle wrote: »
    What time did it start to get busy? Just wondering what time to head in to be near to the front.

Got in bout 5.00 pm and was along way back. I'd say there will be an even bigger crowd there for Imelda May today and a lot may head in after the match. Hope it stays dry for you but it will be great anyway.

• Advertisement

nootroc wrote: »
    Got in bout 5.00 pm and was along way back. I'd say there will be an even bigger crowd there for Imelda May today and a lot may head in after the match. Hope it stays dry for you but it will be great anyway.

Thanks, hope you had a great night. Bit different from a normal Bruce concert so hard to judge. A very long day but might be worth going in a bit earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Any idea on what roads? I didnt see any on the ringroad or dublin road coming out from mcdonagh, or anywhere else.

Out the Waterford rd just passed the rugby club and out the Callan rd :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

I've a standing ticket going face value if somebody is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

noelle wrote: »
    Thanks, hope you had a great night. Bit different from a normal Bruce concert so hard to judge. A very long day but might be worth going in a bit earlier.

Had a great night though not able for big crowds anymore. A bit of a trek to loos and bars so get your bearings before you move. Bring a spare screw on cap too and a stool if you can sneak it in. 7 or 8 hours on the feet's a long time especially at my age.

nootroc wrote: »
    Had a great night though not able for big crowds anymore. A bit of a trek to loos and bars so get your bearings before you move. Bring a spare screw on cap too and a stool if you can sneak it in. 7 or 8 hours on the feet's a long time especially at my age.

Thanks, its too long a day at any age I think. The rain is not looking good but hopefully won't stay like this for the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

How long did Bruce Springsteen play for last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

How long did Bruce Springsteen play for last night?

Bout 3 hrs 15 minutes afaik

Best night ever! I've been a fan for 25+ years now and last night in our very own Nowlan Park was the highlight :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

inthehat wrote: »
    Best night ever! I've been a fan for 25+ years now and last night in our very own Nowlan Park was the highlight :).

Bruce played for 3 hours and 19 mins and of many of his shows I've seen, it was right up there. He looked exhausted at the end but has apparently already left Mount Juliet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Hope everyone had a great time, sounds like it was a good night.

What's weird though, and never come across before, such fascination with the length of a gig as seems to be with Springsteen gigs, could have been sh*t, but it was ok because it was 3hrs 10mins 45sec of sh*t, 32 secs longer than the last gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

What's weird though, and never come across before, such fascination with the length of a gig as seems to be with Springsteen gigs, could have been sh*t, but it was ok because it was 3hrs 10mins 45sec of sh*t, 32 secs longer than the last gig.

It's the fact that it's 3 hours and however many minutes of really incredible music, played with mind-boggling intensity and commitment and energy by a man who is supposed to be in his 60s but could pass for a 20 year old athlete, and he does this night after night all over the world. Not really that hard to understand the fascination, like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It's the fact that it's 3 hours and however many minutes of really incredible music, played with mind-boggling intensity and commitment and energy by a man who is supposed to be in his 60s but could pass for a 20 year old athlete, and he does this night after night all over the world. Not really that hard to understand the fascination, like.

It's admirable but still a strange thing to measure. Springsteen has lots of un official time keepers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It's admirable but still a strange thing to measure. Springsteen has lots of un official time keepers

True enough alright! But his gigs are considerably longer than most big stadium performers as well, I suppose it's only odd that people KEEP mentioning it. Not odd to me that people used to much shorter gigs that aren't remotely as energetic played by bands that often look like they resent having to entertain people who have paid a fortune to be there would comment on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

People only fascinated by time as he tends to perform far longer shows than anyone else and they're all top class. Beats some so called acts who lip sync for 50 mins and go away.

Be happy , us Boss fans are just sad the party's over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

It's 3+ solid hours of top notch entertainment. Pretty rare - hence the fascination, especially given his age.

By contrast, a girl I worked one time with went to a Madonna gig. 90 Minutes long, 15 of which were her going on about religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Two great shows.....back at work today after doing 5 shows in 12 days - totally wrecked. First time in Kilkenny - great town and people - a lively spot and I will be back.

Bruce left for Dublin airport straight after the show for a flight back to NJ. The band stayed in the lyrath estate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Lyrath have a pic of Bruce there up on facebook.

The manager of Mount Juliet spoke to Sue Nunn on KCLR today about Bruce staying there! Seems two hotels are claiming him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

He also stayed in the Merrion in Dublin. He probably booked half of the hotels in Ireland by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 olddantucker

Nowlan park great venue I like liked it.
    Was at the Limerick gig and there was a deffo a differnet vibe to the gig with the full day line up.No doubt the hurling match added to the drunk locals with Kilkenny playing sunday.Also a huge number of village idiots types I found
    But all in all a lot of them prob left bored so last hour was good.Met a savage blonde lady at it chatted for a min anyone see her wearing pretty woman boots oh wow haha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It was one hell of a weekend, delighted to have seen Bruce play in Kilkenny and I hope he will come back again and again ;) This year was my first year to see him play in Ireland and have to hand it to the man he just gets better with age. Over 3 hours of pure talent and worth every cent I spent. Bring on next year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

was my first time in kilkenny...such a lovely city/town! can see myself living there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

was my first time in kilkenny...such a lovely city/town! can see myself living there :P

Careful now.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

inthehat wrote: »
    The manager of Mount Juliet spoke to Sue Nunn on KCLR today about Bruce staying there! Seems two hotels are claiming him.

Lyrath confirmed on their facebook basically that he left before the sunday gig, so as lots around the town are saying, the likely thing is he stayed in Mt Juliet sunday night and jetted back to states today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Great night at Bruce on Sunday....great buzz around the place and the gig was amazing!!
    No hassle getting in or out of Kilkenny, so a great night all round!!!

Advertisement