Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comptia a+ online

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

The FAS course is free to the unemployed, that's how I got my A+ and Network+. You can do them online or as I did at a FAS training centre over 11 months full time, with work placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I dont know much about the course but would doing Comptia a+ in an actual setting not be better than online? Is there not an element of practical work to this, i.e. working on old computers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

It would definitely be better to do the course at a training centre. Are you currently unemployed? The next course won't start until October, but get registered for it now if you really want it. It usually includes Network+ too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

excollier wrote: »
    It would definitely be better to do the course at a training centre. Are you currently unemployed? The next course won't start until October, but get registered for it now if you really want it. It usually includes Network+ too.

It woul be no harm to do the online one in the meantime through fas.

just get an appointment with a case officer and ask to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Is there anyone on here that done the comptia a+ online through eCollege?
    I would be interested to hear their experience of it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Just bumping this thread cause I want to do this course in.... what, October?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Pangea wrote: »
    Is there anyone on here that done the comptia a+ online through eCollege?
    I would be interested to hear their experience of it.

Yes I started it. Got a full time MCSA so it is on hold.

It is ok. It is a free test after all. But It is just click and continue. The content is not enough to pass the test. You would need to do more. I kinda seen it as an extra study load that was not necessary. If your unemployed. Sign up and do it.

Depending on what you know.
    You could also do it on your own.
    Read the Mike Meyers book while watching professor Messer to visualise the parts. Then Watch the like of CBT Nuggets and do questions ;). That would be more than enough to pass.

In regards to doing it in FAS Centres. Depending on the Teacher you get. I know the FAS I am in. The teacher is aware that the CompTIA A+ and Network + are dated in regards to content. CompTIA A+ is being renewed soon.
    So he will teach you to pass the test. But teach you more up to date and relevant content. He has also got some pupils Sitting the ICND1 soon. That's the sort of content he is teaching. The course is Computer Network Installation & Maintenance. So I would recommend doing it in Fas. In fact I have heard mainly good things about that course in most of the Fas centres.

Also you can volunteer in Camara. That can be quite helpful to.

Advertisement