Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comptia a+ online

Options
  • 13-01-2013 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Any good places online to do this ?

Looking for recognised certification that will hold weight from reputable instistute

Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,930 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I whole heartily agree with your username

Im also on the look out for an Comptia a+ online course. I was thinking of doing the fas one but not to sure about it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Headshot wrote: »

Im also on the look out for an Comptia a+ online course. I was thinking of doing the fas one but not to sure about it tbh

Planning to start the fas one soon, never done an online course before, ordered a book off amazon too, gonna start when i get that!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

i am doing the fas one at the moment and it is quite handy to do

shakin wrote: »
    Planning to start the fas one soon, never done an online course before, ordered a book off amazon too, gonna start when i get that!

thats fair freaky, I just did the same thing
    i am doing the fas one at the moment and it is quite handy to do

The online one?

Tell us all about it?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lac007

There is some good free videos for the A+ on this site http://www.professormesser.com/;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Yeah but the fas one only does the 601/602 comptia a+ course

Comptia is now doing the 801/802 so fas is outdated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

how long is the fas one ? is it anygood ? thinking of doing it myself.

Oh right

But I doubt there's a big difference between the 2. Most likely the new one has windows 8. (not sure on this tbh)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

I am currently doing this as a blended course with fas. Orginally we were suppose to be doing the 701 & 702 exams and once we found our they changed it to 801 & 802.

If they are not listing the current qualification and only old ones, you should contact them to get it changed.

Handier to keep up to date and don't have to deal as much with legacy components.

Oh right

But I doubt there's a big difference between the 2. Most likely the new one has windows 8. (not sure on this tbh)

Not much windows 8 actually in 801/802. Mostly xp, vista and 7. Vista and 7 being the more prominent.

• Advertisement

Im looking at the fas website at the moment, how does one know if its the 801/802 comptia a+ course?

I see COMPTIA A+ ESSENTIALS 2009, which i take is the old version?

Im looking at the fas website at the moment, how does one know if its the 801/802 comptia a+ course?

Usually says it in the qualification section. I'll check it myself here.

It doesn't say exactly what qualification but looking at it, it seems to be 701 & 702.

madfcuker wrote: »
    It doesn't say exactly what qualification but looking at it, it seems to be 701 & 702.

cheers madfcuker

ill have to contact them and see will they be doing the 801 & 802 one instead of the 701 & 702

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

madfcuker wrote: »

Can't you read ? :)

Says 601,602

Can't you read ? :)

Says 601,602

we must be seeing somthing different to what youve seen

give us a link

we must be seeing somthing different to what youve seen

give us a link

I havnt checked the site in days and checked it now , seems to be updated

They said they have 800 series sometime in feb

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I am meeting with a FAS officer tomorrow to try and start the Comptia A+, thanks for starting this thread. I definitely keep checking it and help out through links etc. when i can.

For those of you that are already doing an A+ course, How is the material they provide for you? would it cover everything? how long is it expected of you to learn before you sit the test?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Not true I did 701 702 with FAS in 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Im looking at the fas website at the moment, how does one know if its the 801/802 comptia a+
    course?

I see COMPTIA A+ ESSENTIALS 2009, which i take is the old version?

This is 701 702 exams

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭theglobe

Going to sign up and do some of these. Seem to be free as well for unemployed which is nice. How much work is required for these? I'll be starting with the comptia A essentials one. Just wondering in general how many hours each mini course would require. Want to do these instead of sitting on my ass etc etc.

http://www.ecollege.ie/site/pages/courses/modules/comptiaEssentials/comptiaEssentials.html

List of all the ones fas do for free there.

Will I need to fork out for many books or will online resources suffice?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,449 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Any good places online to do this ?

Looking for recognised certification that will hold weight from reputable instistute

Any ideas

Ultimately what holds weight is the certificate itself (ie the passing of the exam).
    The exam can be sat in a number of organisations around the country and ultimately you don't even need to do a course to sit the exam.
    As such you can do the cert anywhere or even on your own via self study, so long as you pass the exam. That is what is recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

If he hasn't got it done by now I'm not sure it will be getting done at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,449 ✭✭✭✭kippy

MRTULES wrote: »
    If he hasn't got it done by now I'm not sure it will be getting done at all.

Missed the date on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

There are new online CompTIA courses are launching March 2015 at pass-it dot i.e. Best value in Ireland and can be completed from any location.

Say, you dont by any chance work for that website? :rolleyes:

Folks save yourself eur150 and do it for free on professor messor
    Its the certificate that counts with comptia, no course can give you the certification - you need to sit the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

CompTIA A+ and Network+ carry about as much weight as a feather. No-one is interested in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

excollier wrote: »
    CompTIA A+ and Network+ carry about as much weight as a feather. No-one is interested in them.

I'm trying to move into a a career in IT, I don't have a leaving cert. I was planning on doing A+ and then moving on to CCNA. Where should I start if A+ is as useless as you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

I'm trying to move into a a career in IT, I don't have a leaving cert. I was planning on doing A+ and then moving on to CCNA. Where should I start if A+ is as useless as you say?

Do the A+ and Network+ off your own bat so to speak.
    I wouldn't bother putting too much emphasis on them in terms of gaining certification.

Get some video courseware and books and spend a few weeks going through them until you thoroughly understand them. Then go through them again.
    Especially the Network+.

I wouldn't bother stressing for the sake of the certs though.

Then move on to concentrating on the CCNA.
    The time you would have spent preparing for those other two exams would be best put towards the CCNA or other higher level cert.

Also look at doing an MCSA with intention of furthering that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I seen this a+ course and I am thinking of doing it, but the price is quite expensive (475 euro), are the fás ones free to unemployed, and are they evening courses or online?
    http://rossan.com/wp/?page_id=7221

Advertisement