Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spur Steakhouse Liffey Valley closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Delighted its gone, ate there one evening as the queue for eddies was too long, have never felt so sick in my life, food took about 2 mins to come to us, tasted like it was leftover lunch sitting under hot lamps. Would love if TGI Fridays moved in, love their chicken tenders!

TGI's? Bleugh!! Not sure which is worse, that or Spur.
    I know we have two burger joints next door in Eddies and GBK but something like Counter would be very nice to have, maybe even at the expense of GBK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Delighted its gone, ate there one evening as the queue for eddies was too long, have never felt so sick in my life, food took about 2 mins to come to us, tasted like it was leftover lunch sitting under hot lamps. Would love if TGI Fridays moved in, love their chicken tenders!

Slating Spurs and praising T.G.I in the same post I've seen it all now.

Now im no big fan of Spurs its decent at best, but T.G.I is absolute muck on all fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Glad for the employees who were left in limbo that Spur is opening again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Was just reading in the Echo there that the staff are still owed wages for the three weeks before Christmas.The franchisee went into liquidation apparently,and the corporation who own Spur are hoping to form a 'NEWCO' and re-open the place again soon.
    realies wrote: »
    It seems that Spur restaurant is set to open back up on good friday after discussions between centre management and the unit owners, It will be renamed Spur south africa and will reemploy all the previous staff, from this weeks echo cant get the link :-)
    Glad for the employees who were left in limbo that Spur is opening again!

was actually in spurs the other day in belfast :P

asked the staff what was happening with the one in liffey valley, he was actually in belfast for training and the company put staff up in apartments until the one in liffey valley reopened !

its set to open on the 29th from what i was told by staff, que nearly being given change in euro :pac:

so its definitely back and i cant wait to give it a go again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

https://www.facebook.com/iowaspur?fref=pb

We’re so sorry it’s been a long time coming…but it is all change for the better at the Liffey Valley branch and we’re pleased to announce that the Dublin restaurant is now an official member of the Spur family. We’d like to thank all of you for your patience and offer our sincere apologies that there hasn’t been communication before now.

This means there will be a brand new Spur environment with all our fantastic weekly special offers for you to enjoy again very soon!

Unfortunately this will mean a bit more downtime while we refurbish the premises and all our fantastic staff prepare for the reopening while training at the Belfast branch.

We promise you it will be worth the wait and a launch event will be planned to welcome you all back properly.

Our provisional reopening date will be Friday 29th March, but we will keep you updated on our official Spur Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/U.K.Spur - please like and select us to appear in your news feed to make sure you don’t miss out on further announcements about your local branch. You can also follow us on Twitter @SpurUK

We will be closing this page after the launch so that you all have enough time to join us first. If you would like to ask any questions please contact us via the main Facebook page or Twitter and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you again,

The Spur Team :)

https://www.facebook.com/U.K.Spur

so its the same thing but another company ?

but thats the official response anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,025 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Casey78 wrote: »
    Low grade muck is what Spur was.

Maybe it's not up to your Michelin star standards of fast food :p

But €5.95 for a small half decent steak (tip: order it rare or blue and they give you then nicest one they have ;)) and a portion of the nicest chips in Liffey Valley shopping centre is unbeatable imho...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Slating Spurs and praising T.G.I in the same post I've seen it all now.

Now im no big fan of Spurs its decent at best, but T.G.I is absolute muck on all fronts.

Please forgive my gastronomic ignorance, I do humbly apologise for having an opinion different to yours and daring to express it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Please forgive my gastronomic ignorance, I do humbly apologise for having an opinion different to yours and daring to express it

Thats more like it :P, relax man its boards its all about opinions ;).

Went there today. The place has undergone a complete revamp (for the better I must say)

Food is roughly the same, menus have changed. The prices have gone up (no suprise there, it simply was too cheap before)

They have specials on on certain times / menus. Today's one is the best for families:

Friday 3PM-6PM -> Kids go free

2 kids per paying adult go free. Not just the kids dinner, but also a drink and an nicely presented ice cream (or some other deserts)

Had the half rack of ribs myself, half pound of chicken wings (spicier than before, the waiter told me they use Frank's sauce), chips and side salad

The total bill for me + 2 kids came to €16.95. Beat that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bigbarginhunter

Went last night with the missus had a lovely T-bone steak & lovely desert. Service was great, delighted it's back open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Great to see it back open

I'll miss the lumpy bumpy cake but delighted to see some of my other favourites still on the menu

Also, some brilliant staff there. Very happy to see them still in a job

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Why don't these guys have a website? Looking for menu/specials etc anyone know where I could find them? UK website seems to be UK only.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wilhelm

minty16 wrote: »
    Why don't these guys have a website? Looking for menu/specials etc anyone know where I could find them? UK website seems to be UK only.

If you go on their website, the Irish menu is there.

http://www.ukspur.co.uk/Menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks for link to the menu! I'm thinking a trip this weekend is in order. Hubby is South African so it's nice to see it's the same logo etc. I was hoping it would be the South African menu and they'd have my favourite dessert on it but no dice. Still, looking forward to steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Still, looking forward to steak!

Go somewhere else then!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,170 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ate in there once, wouldn't again if I was paid. If you want to impress a lass with a nice steak dinner, it's a lot cheaper and better quality if you cook it yourself :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

ninja900 wrote: »
    Ate in there once, wouldn't again if I was paid. If you want to impress a lass with a nice steak dinner, it's a lot cheaper and better quality if you cook it yourself :)

If you want to take a lady out for a romantic dinner, I would not recommend you take her to a fast food restaurant, unless you are as cheap as she is :p

For those of us with children, their "kids eat free" on a Friday really is unbeatable value half decent food. Me + 3 kids, food, drinks and ice creams for about €20, including tip. Unbeatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ninja900 wrote: »

Wouldn't be a place to bring someone on a date now. Lexilip House would be a better choice.

Advertisement