Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

LED head light and Aux lights for the Harley... This spring, its still at or below freezing here  
    H1_zpsyyhekwjk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It's not spring yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

LED head light and Aux lights for the Harley... This spring, its still at or below freezing here  
    H1_zpsyyhekwjk.jpg

Where'd you order the parts from ?

I'm trying to find a reliable supplier for HD parts.

listermint wrote: »
    It's not spring yet :)
    Parts wont be installed until spring time :D its toooo cold in the garage

D3V!L wrote: »
    H1_zpsyyhekwjk.jpg

Where'd you order the parts from ?

I'm trying to find a reliable supplier for HD parts.
    these guys have the best prices and no sales tax in the US http://www.boardtrackerhd.com/
    Let me know if they don't ship to Ireland and we'll figure it out somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Temperature finally (temporarily) went above freezing point here today since Christmas.
    Tried to start the MZ last week for the first time in 2 months last week at minus 5 but it just wouldnt fire.
    Said id chance my arm this evening at 2degrees and it started within 2 seconds on the battery booster :D
    Took the seat off to respray some of it and gave the panels a good cleaning.

Ordered a front disc as I think mines warped, a bike lift and some clear lens indicator units

Wait, you don't keep your motorcycle in the living room during the winter? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,523 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

When you have more sick kids in the house than sick bowls, I can heartily recommend the "Bike-It 8 litre oil drain pan". If you haven't used it yet for draining oil and it's still fresh out of the box.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Went to Cotters to get bearings for the 996 and oil for the S1000rr
    Also had Stewart in Cotters do a diagnostics check on the S1000rr to wipe some fault codes caused by changing to LED indicators and removing the servo motors and all that junk.:D

3a00071a-2601-46a0-85c5-6cee02cc2982_zpsikklrilp.jpg

20170128_125124_zpsdrxfpuk7.jpg

You should get one of those GS-911's, its worth the $$$
    Maybe find a fellow Beemer owner to split the cost with. The enthusiast version is good for up to ten VIN's or at least it was when I purchased mine

• Advertisement

Just fitted a set of decat head pipes to my street glide. Since there isn't a local dealer I can use it invested in the shop manual for it and did it myself.

The result was far more potatoes and a nice roar :D

Nice 8-)
    The catless head pipe was my first mod as the heat was roasting my right leg
    What brand did you go with?

Nice 8-)
    The catless head pipe was my first mod as the heat was roasting my right leg
    What brand did you go with?

Theyre originals, taken off a new bike and decatted by a guy in the US. No flapper valve either, cost me about €200 including shipping and some new gaskets.

I love this thread and reading through it.
    So many members posting,so may types of bikes and so many different mods to look at and learn from.
    Keep it up lads n lasses.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was changing the sump gasket on the Tiger last week when the head of one of the bolts sheared off when loosening it.
    This bolt extractor kit arrived today so we'll see if it's any good.
    Ideally a nut welded to bit of bolt left sticking out would do but I don't have a welder.
    zklkc5i4.jpg

Has to be better than the chocolate box set of stud extractors that I got in Lidl.:pac

blade1 wrote: »
    I was changing the sump gasket on the Tiger last week when the head of one of the bolts sheared off when loosening it.
    This bolt extractor kit arrived today so we'll see if it's any good.
    Ideally a nut welded to bit of bolt left sticking out would do but I don't have a welder.
    zklkc5i4.jpg

Make sure youtube this. There is a technique to this if you haven't don't it before.

Make sure youtube this. There is a technique to this if you haven't don't it before.

Typical!!Fückin exhaust is in the way.
    I think I'll just try and find someone in the area with a welder.
    The culprit
    g6s5qtyj.jpg

Angle doesn't look incredibly steep.. Might be just the image though

Angle doesn't look incredibly steep.. Might be just the image though

The chuck on my drill is the problem.
    Not much in it but can't get a straight drill through the bolt.
    Looks like the rad has to come off if I want to remove the headers.
    Easier now to weld a nut onto it.

• Advertisement

Ya, or drop headers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

on the bright side, removing the headers will give you loads more sheared bolts to practice on :pac:

Just a thought,spray on some Lidl anti rust or GT 85,ride the bike with the fairings/belly pan off to a local welder/gate maker and ask him to quickly weld a nut or bolt onto the stud so you can get a socket on it.

Might be a lot less painfull to do it that way.

Id drop the headers and use antiseize during reassembly

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Picked this up over the Christmas only getting a chance to post a picture up now was out on it when ever i got the time!

Its some mechaine!!!

Picture off the two together aswell

Just a thought,ride the bike with the fairings/belly pan off to a local welder/gate maker and ask him to quickly weld on a nut or bolt onto the stud so you can get a socket on it.

Might be a lot less painfull to do it that way.
    Sump pan is off the bike stewy, not to mention so is front wheel,brakes and forks!

blade1 wrote: »
    Sump pan is off the bike stewy, not to mention so is front wheel,brakes and forks!

Up on the back wheel so.:pac:

Ah right so,no runner at the mo then.

Either drop the headers or else chemical metal on a nut and leave it for a few hours,if you cant get someone with a welder locally.

Up on the back wheel so.:pac:

Ah right so,no runner at the mo then.

Having a sort of a spring clean on every thing!:pac:
    Would chemical metal be strong enough?

• Advertisement

dorannoel wrote: »
    Picked this up over the Christmas only getting a chance to post a picture up now was out on it when ever i got the time!

Its some mechaine!!!

Picture off the two together aswell

That's a beauty!
    Well wear!!!

Advertisement