Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the earliest you've ever trained?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

04:56? I hope you're up for training?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Due to the kids I don't ever get a lie in so I wake at 4am, go back to sleep and that way when I get up at 6 I feel like I got the upper hand & won :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

BTH wrote: »
    I can't understand how people do these long turbos. I've just done 80min and my arse is broken. 4 hours and I'd be in tears.

You are just a big lanky softie thats why:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Just back now from a nice 10k run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

5am every tues & thurs....Sydney traffic is brutal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

I find porridge and training work well for a slow burn and no indigestion. Add banana / frozen berries and honey etc and throw in the micro for 3 mins. Mmmmm

The new odlums porridge / fruit mixes are really good.

I've fallen of the training wagon after an injury and then the flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

MrCreosote wrote: »
    Just back now from a nice 10k run.

Ah Here, ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

does midnight to 1am count if your working nights??? just back from a lovely 1hr midnight run!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Trig1 wrote: »
    does midnight to 1am count if your working nights??? just back from a lovely 1hr midnight run!

As with any thread in the triathlon forum I think a complex set of rules needs to be devised involving if/how much prior sleep is required, plus bonus points depending on the type of session....I think swimming is the easiest to do first thing because a)it's indoors and b)jumping into the water wakes you up pretty quickly. Pushing myself out the door for a run at 5am when it's pitch black and barely above freezing point is another matter...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Dang-I hate early morning swims! Can't understand why they're so popular, apart from the fact that you get it out of the way early.

A nice bracing run ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Ryath

Work nights/evenings so don't do early mornings, can train pretty late or after very little sleep though. Have got of the turbo at 2am, cycled the 20k home after work at 3am or occasionaly head out on the road for 2 hours or so after the kids go to bed. Regularly get up at 9am to go on the clubs Sunday spin after getting to bed at 5am or so have even got up for it after going to bed at 7am. Don't always get the best recovery even when I'm doing nothing I find it very hard to go to bed early.

Advertisement