Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the earliest you've ever trained?

Options
  • 10-01-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Without jeglag assistance, what's the earliest training session you've done? I set a new personal record thismorning for dragging my lazy ass out of bed, it got me wondering what other people have done :)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 48 daddymac90

weight training?? cause you need more focus and alertness for that than running in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

I hadn't thought about training by sport; for me today was a swim. Im not much of a morning person, and can never get the motivation for a turbo training session in the morning, can handle most other stuff to some degree then though..

kingQuez wrote: »
    I hadn't thought about training by sport; for me today was a swim. Im not much of a morning person, and can never get the motivation for a turbo training session in the morning, can handle most other stuff to some degree then though..

can never train optimum in the early hours either..5 o clock is my best training time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I did an aerobic circuit session at 6am on Tuesday. Pretty sure it was a bad idea as my body was very much like wtf?!

Often would swim at 6am but I can ease myself into the session when swimming.

I think if I do another 6am session I'll have to get up at 5am in order to be fully warmed up.

What was your record OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

personally the earliest for me is out on the road for 5am, to drag the last few minutes of bed time I skip breakfast and just dress and go,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

kingQuez wrote: »

6AM I reckon. Done a few 6am starts out at the NAC this time last year which required a 5:30 alarm and drive out there. A good few 6:00-6:30 starts including squeezing in a long run before a mid-day flight!

Ah, nothing spectacular.. 6am for sessions, but today's circumstances needed a a 4.50 alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

6:30am, out the bed at 5:30 into the car for 5:45, swim in the NAC at 6:30.

Had a cereal bar and a yoghurt before I left the house, didn't sit too well. I find it hard to swim for a full hour on empty but hard to manage much food at that hour. Might try a smoothie next week.

connundrum wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was a bad idea as my body was very much like wtf?!

When I started trying to do things early in the morning it felt great in the morning, then 3pm rolled around and I broke. Took a while to adapt to it :)

hardCopy wrote: »
    6:30am, out the bed at 5:30 into the car for 5:45, swim in the NAC at 6:30.

Had a cereal bar and a yoghurt before I left the house, didn't sit too well. I find it hard to swim for a full hour on empty but hard to manage much food at that hour. Might try a smoothie next week.

You get used to it. Swam 80min this morning on only a banana. BUt I was in the water 30min after the alarm. Reckon your problem is your body had too much time to wake up between alarm and splash

• Advertisement

I still haven't got the food thing perfect, at night when im awake I swim on empty and its great.. first thing in the morning my tummy doesnt like it. Half a cup of tea and half a banana or a figroll seems to be the best tradeoff ive found so far for the morning.. too much substance and it doesnt digest, too much liquid and it sloshes around..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Might try a smoothie next week.

works a treat for me every morning. doesnt feel to heavy on teh stomach and feels like enough to get you through sessions, from my experience

what are yous training for??im not a runner or anything just weigh training the past 5 years ..Im interested to see why people run?couldn't be for aesthetics??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

On my turbo at 4am is the earliest i can remember, had a flight with work and knew if it was not done then it would not be done at all. Falling out of the habit a little bit of late on the early mornings though, need to get that going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

daddymac90 wrote: »
    what are yous training for??im not a runner or anything just weigh training the past 5 years ..Im interested to see why people run?couldn't be for aesthetics??

I originally started tri to shed some weight.

Now I just enjoy the sport itself and I love racing. I'm not in shape to win any races at this point but I enjoy seeing progression against my previous times.

I love the idea of testing my body to see what I can make it do, aiming for bigger, longer challenges and aiming to improve times on shorter races and hitting targets I thought were impossible 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

daddymac90 wrote: »

Yes thats it, people run for aesthetics.

Tubby Tunney's earliest session is about 11am

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My earliest was a 3 hour run which I had to start before 5am, as I had to be back home for 8. Great gas. During the bulk of my training last year most sessions were starting around 6am, usually did four or five of these a week with having double days and stuff, and lots to fit in. Have truly fallen off the wagon these days though, I'm hoping when the light is better in the mornings Ill get back in the habit, because its a lovely feeling to have a good session done by 8am.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have done 5/5:30am runs. That was back when I was dedicated though. Those times seem long gone now.

I strive to one day make it for a 6am swim, I know I'd be fine as soon as I was out of the bed. It's just getting the alarm to actually wake me up without me automatically switching it off...

I only train to feel good,gains and achieve better aesthetics than i already have

let the aesthetic times roll

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Ran home from a night club at 3.30am, does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

kennyb3 wrote: »

If it does then skinny dipping at 0300 does too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

kennyb3 wrote: »
    tunney wrote: »
    If it does then skinny dipping at 0300 does too!

Aquathons at 3am !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

To fit training in around college, most sessions for me start around 5/6 am. I think the earliest was a 4:40 am turbo session. Having to be in bed by 9:30 doesn't do much for my social life though....

To fit training in around college, most sessions for me start around 5/6 am. I think the earliest was a 4:40 am turbo session. Having to be in bed by 9:30 doesn't do much for my social life though....

In that case you shouldn't be posting at 9:43. Get thee to sleep.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Whats one of them? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

4 hour turbo at 4am and then out for a 40 minute run in the snow. Sitting down having breakie with shotgunjunior with that session out of the way felt savage.

4 hour turbo at 4am and then out for a 40 minute run in the snow. Sitting down having breakie with shotgunjunior with that session out of the way felt savage.

I can't understand how people do these long turbos. I've just done 80min and my arse is broken. 4 hours and I'd be in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

BTH wrote: »
    I can't understand how people do these long turbos. I've just done 80min and my arse is broken. 4 hours and I'd be in tears.
    Hey I'd have loved to lie in until 9, get up and take a 4 hour spin around some local hills, do the run off and tuck into fat lunch before a midday nap.... but hey, we do what we can eh :cool: Oh and, you are just soft :p

Oh and, you are just soft :p

Maybe if my ass was a bit softer it wouldn't be so bloody sore!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I love that feeling of getting back into the house having done a long run and sitting with the family having breakfast.

Only ever slightly beaten by the feeling of cuddling up for a mid-morning nap!

Advertisement