Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For people who depend on the weather/prefer milder weather

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

We see the Hi Res GFS output today ending in 192 hours time with -8 uppers still holding over the east coast.

Mild is a long way off yet perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

feck_off.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Looks like we're waiting for the end of March, and even that's too far away to be certain about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭decies

Where,s the bloody summer clocks go forward Sunday week , I mean really this is cat !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

decies wrote: »
    Where,s the bloody summer clocks go forward Sunday week , I mean really this is cat !!!!

i'll settle for spring :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

April knocking, and I went looking for gloves for my one year old son, but all the shops are only stocking summer gear.

Grim

I cannot believe people are still cheering on cold synoptics at this stage of the game, surely it is against some basic mammalian instinct. I looked on with dread as all the models seem to have upgraded for duration of this cold spell. For every snow-bunny who thinks that is a great thing, well, I can't see any REAL snow apart from in the hills. Dirty half white muck at 8am, already dripping off the roof by 9am, I'm sorry but even with -12 uppers you aint gonna get much better.

This is the worst spring I can ever remember. At least another 7 days of bitter cold ahead by my reckoning..

Give me a plane ticket out of here...

Jaysssiz

I've reconciled myself to the cold shiote as it seems to me it could be the prelude to a warm summer, the easterlies just keep coming. Once this current washout is through its east with the odd south/east moment for as far as the eye can see. High pressure over Scandinavia from May and onwards would be just fine by me.

Just went to Dublin and back (from Athlone), average speed 100kmh both directions, fuel consumption according to the car computer,
    Eastbound 7.1litres/100km :(
    Westbound 5.8litres/100km :)

Bloody wind!

Can we have this in the summer please?

2qvqy4x.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

mike65 wrote: »
    Can we have this in the summer please?

2qvqy4x.jpg

Then we'll have the 'if it was only a few degrees cooler' brigade out in force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭jirafa

BGJ5rOpCUAEHHIj.jpg:large

From indy.co.uk
    But despite the continuing disruption forecasters have said the weather pattern bringing icy conditions to the UK could next month provide the country with higher-than-average temperatures - with some reports claiming Britain could be hit by a heatwave towards the end of spring.

The three-month forecast from the Met Office states that the freezing conditions in Britain are being caused by a so-called 'blocking pattern' of high pressure bringing in cold winds from Scandinavia.

The forecast suggests that if the blocking pattern were to shift slightly south it could bring "warmer-than-average conditions to northern Europe and the UK."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The blandness is the killer at the moment, at least a cold clear easterly would give us some late March sunshine. Hopefully we'll get a few sunny spells as the week goes on, at least then you cold find a nice spot out of the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I just want it to be mild again. Fed up of leaving the warm (ish) sitting room and having to cook, pee and wash in the icy outer territories. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

From indy.co.uk

Can ye imagine a heatwave now HA!

As much as I'm the biggest fan of snow/ice/cold I'd love a bit of heat to be fair :) sleeping with the bedroom window open all night because it's just god damn warm!

Ahh I can only dream...

I just want it to be mild again. Fed up of leaving the warm (ish) sitting room and having to cook, pee and wash in the icy outer territories. :(

I'm holed up in my bedroom, sat at the PC with a heated "throw" on my lap. This is rich mans weather!

I'm holed up in my bedroom, sat at the PC with a heated "throw" on my lap. This is rich mans weather!

Great weather for your post count Mike :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I know it's FI but at least it's not as cold,wet but warmer
    gfs-1-336_nko7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

**** off cold spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,157 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I can't grasp the notion that you would actually want cold weather. Its alien to me.

On this website there seems to be a section of people who would want us to live in -20C all year round. Or have gales blowing.

Simply don't understand it. Do they not have to pay to heat their homes like the rest of us, worry about driving with their kids on potentially dangerous roads, be concerned over school closures, or burst pipes?

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    I can't grasp the notion that you would actually want cold weather. Its alien to me.

On this website there seems to be a section of people who would want us to live in -20C all year round. Or have gales blowing.

Simply don't understand it. Do they not have to pay to heat their homes like the rest of us, worry about driving with their kids on potentially dangerous roads, be concerned over school closures, or burst pipes?

They just want extremes, in the summer they'll be chasing 30c plus. It's all irrelvant anyway, you get the weather you get regardless of your wishes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

NIMAN wrote: »

It does not matter what people want , the weather will do what the weather wants to do.

Simple as that , all the wishing in the world wont change it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Just speaking for myself but I say. ...

If it's going to Snow, let there be blizzards.

If it's going to rain, let there be floods.

If it's going to be warm, let there be a heatwave.

And so on. ....

As mentioned it's the possibility of the extreme that excites.

It's still all Que sera sera no what your preference.

Embrace the weather no matter what.

Redsunset wrote: »
    Just speaking for myself but I say. ...

If it's going to Snow, let there be blizzards.

If it's going to rain, let there be floods.

If it's going to be warm, let there be a heatwave.

And so on. ....

As mentioned it's the possibility of the extreme that excites.

It's still all Que sera sera no what your preference.

Embrace the weather no matter what.

So let me get this straight, you would actually hope that we get extremes of weather that have crippled NI at present, Thats left pensioners stranded in the homes needing helicopters to bring them food, or for an estimated 10,000 farm animals to die, buried in snow?

OR perhaps you like the idea of peoples homes being ruined by floods, their life totally disrupted? That they can no longer get insured and may well lose everything if they flood again? That people like that Garda may lose their lives trying to save people in these floods?

I'll say it again, I don't understand. Would you be a willing to have these extremes if you were directly affected? Somehow, don't think so.

You forget to bold the heatwave part.

Vicarious thrill seeking at someone else's expense. Anyway the bad news is that there is no no no sign of a let up in this overall chill. If the easterlies continue at some point it'll have to change Eurasia won't be cold forever.

You forget to bold the heatwave part.

Avoiding my point?

No point.

THIS IS THE WEATHER FORUM.

This is what we do here.

Bring it on mother nature.

End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

No point.

THIS IS THE WEATHER FORUM.

This is what we do here.

Bring it on mother nature.

End of story.

And this is the moderate thread. Out of here you extremist. Bring on the tepid mild. Eventually..

• Advertisement

Yes bring on the mildHeatwave......... EVENTUALLY.

Bye.

Advertisement