Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon X and Y announced for 3DS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I would probably buy this if it were a G/S/C remake but that's already been done.
    I've never played a game past that series.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Evilsbane

Eathrin wrote: »
    I would probably buy this if it were a G/S/C remake but that's already been done.
    I've never played a game past that series.

Then you missed out on a genuine improvement in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

UPDATE

"- In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. - The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.
    - People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.”
    - The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation
    - game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world
    - bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure
    - Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

SeantheMan wrote: »
    How many Pokemon are there now ? , must be at the 500 mark or something, will they all be in this new game ? I think i'd be making me team up using originals anyways :D

Well, there may be 700+ pokemon, but only a fraction would be available to catch in the game.
    So unless you got previous generations to transfer across you may be shit out of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

I collect and battle with the worst-designed pokemon. This one is a cog! This one is an ice-cream cone! OMG, this is just a frigging trash bag!!! Must have!

What next? A pokemon based on a pencil? A bit of fluff? Maybe a condom-wrapper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Kinski wrote: »
    Maybe a condom-wrapper?

'Prophylactigon used Protect'

'It had no effect'

'What? Prophylactigon is evolving?'

'Congratualtions! Your Prophylactigon evolved into Fetusaurus'

'Fetusaurus learned Child Support!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Kinski wrote: »
    I collect and battle with the worst-designed pokemon. This one is a cog! This one is an ice-cream cone! OMG, this is just a frigging trash bag!!! Must have!

What next? A pokemon based on a pencil? A bit of fluff? Maybe a condom-wrapper?

This might give you some hints.
    http://www.dorkly.com/article/1792/the-pokemon-artists-are-getting-lazy

I do agree with you though, only really played Diamond and then White, some of the pokemon like the ice cream and the trash bag are pretty atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

delta36 wrote: »

I do agree with you though, only really played Diamond and then White, some of the pokemon like the ice cream and the trash bag are pretty atrocious.

I thought yous were joking, just googled them

Trubbish his name is ?

I think I'll just go back and play Gold.
    It's also a bit funny, that I'd say most people commenting on this "Pokemon" thread are in their mid 20s :P , and I'd wager none under 18

Trubbish his name is ?

It's also a bit funny, that I'd say most people commenting on this "Pokemon" thread are in their mid 20s :P , and I'd wager none under 18

Yep, Trubbish, and I think Vanillite is the ice cream one. On the subject of stupid pokemon:
    sharpedo.jpg
    This one is called "sharpedo", you'll never guess what two objects it's made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Spuddy91

Will admit that most of the new pokemon look really stupid but I have loved pokemon most of my life. I still have new and old cards and love the games despite really being the same, they provide loads of fun. Will have to get a 3DS for this and I can't wait already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Most of the new pokemon aren't that bad, sure the Trubbish and Vanillite families kind of suck, but there is plenty of cool ones too, like Hydreigon, Haxorus and Emboar.

Denny M wrote: »
    Most of the new pokemon aren't that bad, sure the Trubbish and Vanillite families kind of suck, but there is plenty of cool ones too, like Hydreigon, Haxorus and Emboar.

I love Haxorus and and the ones he evolves from. He is just a beast in general when it comes to the games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed when it turned out he wouldn't be the pseudo-legendary, he did look badass.

I seen someone that had a shiny Haxorus, was very jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

There's a shiney one available to all in B/W 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Hope they make the game more challenging and I hope the battle system requires more skill or thought. Any info on the battle structure?

I got sick of battles the last time I played after spamming the same attacks over and over and over again.

Arawn wrote: »
    There's a shiney one available to all in B/W 2
    That the dragon you get from Alder's relative? Cause if it is, that's either a Dratini (White 2) or a Gible (Black 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks really great. Is it okay for a grown man to be super excited about this? :o

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Looks really great. Is it okay for a grown man to be super excited about this? :o

I would hope so, or Nintendo are only going to sell two copies come October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Denny M wrote: »
    That the dragon you get from Alder's relative? Cause if it is, that's either a Dratini (White 2) or a Gible (Black 2).

nope....it's in a hidden place that takes a bit to get to ;)

• Advertisement

delta36 wrote: »

yeah, i mean remember the good old days when we had pokemon with really inventive designs, like the cat, the monkey, the rock, the seal, the ghost, the mime, some mud, and the blackface pokemon.

yeah, i mean remember the good old days when we had pokemon with really inventive designs, like the cat, the monkey, the rock, the seal, the ghost, the mime, some mud, and the blackface pokemon.

Haha, who are we kidding? They ran out of ideas on day one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i was gonna jump on the black and white series but i may hold out till pokemon x and y are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Trubbish his name is ?

There were always a few dumb ones though, and with the amount of different pokémon, there's bound to be a few turnips (and possibly even ones that look like turnips) in the bunch. There's no chance of getting 700(ish) cool anythings. Quality will waver from time to time. As mentioned though, there are still plenty of deadly ones in the mix. Personally, I think Zebstrika is class, Durant is pretty cool too, and the little electric spider which I can't recall the name of right now is deadly. Not to mention the big guys like Stoutland, Emboar, Luxray, and lots of the dragon types.

And on the note of most people here being mid-20's or over; it's no different than the Mario threads.

deathrider wrote: »
    Personally, I think Zebstrika is class, Durant is pretty cool too, and the little electric spider which I can't recall the name of right now is deadly.

Joltik/Galvantula?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Joltik/Galvantula?

That's the very one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tumblr_mgbduygLeH1qeablwo1_250.jpg

I'd be in that generalisation as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dnot raed tihs

Seriously dont think i will be able to wait 9 months for this game :)

Anybody got any info on any new pokemon? I cant go on only knowing 5 of the posible 200 new ones !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Seriously dont think i will be able to wait 9 months for this game :)

Anybody got any info on any new pokemon? I cant go on only knowing 5 of the posible 200 new ones !!! :D

200? Wasn't it looking like less 100 this time?

• Advertisement

200? Wasn't it looking like less 100 this time?

I vaguely recall that the only halfway official estimate was 'over 50'. That, of course, could mean anything.

I've got about 8 months to familiarize myself with the B/W 'mon, as I've only played Black, and to be honest, I couldn't name 90 percent of the new roster if they were in a lineup of one. Apparently, I've gotten old since the release of D/P/Pt, where I'd no such issues.

Advertisement