Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon X and Y announced for 3DS

Options
  • 08-01-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

Skip to 7:30ish for the announcement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Mah, more Pokemen....

Anything else announced in the ND vid? Cant watch in work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It had to go 3D eventually. I'm going to miss the gorgeous sprite art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Time to buy a 3DS then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

They ran out of colors?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

This looks like what I had hoped for from console pokemon games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

This looks absolutely stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

They ran out of colors?

That, and the whole moving to 3D/Z-axis thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    That, and the whole moving to 3D/Z-axis thing.

Ashamed of myself that I didn't cop that... makes sense though. What's the next one going to be called then? Pokemon Phi and Pokemon Theta?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

delta36 wrote: »
    Ashamed of myself that I didn't cop that... makes sense though. What's the next one going to be called then? Pokemon Phi and Pokemon Theta?

I'd take a wild guess at Pokemon Z considering the dimensions theme.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was really hoping for a R/S/E remake on the regular DS before we got to Gen 6 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Denny M wrote: »
    I was really hoping for a R/S/E remake on the regular DS before we got to Gen 6 :(

Cheer up, there is a good chance we will eventually get a Gen III remake with these graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm surprised at the 3-year turnaround, to be honest. It's been done before, but that was from GB-to-GBC (though both using the same engine)/GBC-to-GBA, so I figured DS-to-3DS would've taken longer, whatwith the leap in art-design and concept, and the overall engine overhaul. Granted, I've been reading stocks and stocks of baseless speculation, stating that Game Freak were privvy to 3DS dev-kits a while before the console's release, which'd be odd, considering that'd mean it would've clashed with the dev/release of Black and White, which in turn would mean that Gen V was never designed to be anything other than a stop-gap series.
    Wobbuffet wrote: »
    Cheer up, there is a good chance we will eventually get a Gen III remake with these graphics

I think the window's closed on this one, really. Don't remakes usually coincide with the Japanese anniversary of the original's release?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hate nintendo for never doing a pokémon MMO and releasing the same game the last 15 years

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Would love a 3d remake of Red/Blue/Yellow with the original mon's. The best mon's.

I must agree that I'm surprised thatthey are releasing these games so fast. I only picked up White 2 over xmas, and this new one is already well underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

deathrider wrote: »
    I must agree that I'm surprised thatthey are releasing these games so fast. I only picked up White 2 over xmas, and this new one is already well underway.

There's the problem in your logic - games, plural. It's been the same game with 10% new novelties added every version. Hence the speedy development times ;)

PS: I like Pokemon, not a troll :D

I'd take a wild guess that there were two dev teams, a DS one and a 3DS dev team working in parallel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yakult wrote: »
    Would love a 3d remake of Red/Blue/Yellow with the original mon's. The best mon's.
    I'd imagine we'd get R/S/E before there was a third version of R/B/Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

They ran out of colors?

I don't know about you, but a Pokemon Malachite and Pokemon Feldspar would of been more than adequate.

http://kotaku.com/5974065/heres-the-newest-pokemon-its-out-worldwide-this-october

If those are two of the new legendaries, they aren't the greatest looking.

• Advertisement

Denny M wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/5974065/heres-the-newest-pokemon-its-out-worldwide-this-october

If those are two of the new legendaries, they aren't the greatest looking.

I think the one with the antlers looks great. Proud and majestic looking.

EDIT: Also, why is there a pic of Patrat on a about new pokémon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

The big red legendary looks like a massive Y-shaped kite. The deer/stag one looks cool though.

Also, the water based starter pokemon is keromatsu in Japanese.....a subtle-as-a-sledgehammer reference to a certain green muppet....

I actually kind of prefer the kite looking one, but they aren't a patch on Mewtwo :pac:

Also, the water based starter pokemon is keromatsu in Japanese.....a subtle-as-a-sledgehammer reference to a certain green muppet....

There's no reference to kermit the frog at all. In japanese the noise a frog makes when it croaks is 'Kero-Kero' which is what it references to (going out with a frog obsessed weeaboo means I know this all too well :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

By jove you're right, and I never thought of that!

On top of that, it's still really close to the mark with kermit for it to be a coincidence for me though.

EDIT: Actually, just asked a mate and she said Japanese say kaamito for kermit, so I may have just been over analysing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Time to buy a 3ds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Time to buy a 3ds :D

Was thinking the same, but I lost interest in Pokemon
    a) because I was getting older :P
    b) because they released another 100 on top of the original 151 and I didn't like all these new cutesy ones

How many Pokemon are there now ? , must be at the 500 mark or something, will they all be in this new game ? I think i'd be making me team up using originals anyways :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Was thinking the same, but I lost interest in Pokemon
    a) because I was getting older :P
    b) because they released another 100 on top of the original 151 and I didn't like all these new cutesy ones

How many Pokemon are there now ? , must be at the 500 mark or something, will they all be in this new game ? I think i'd be making me team up using originals anyways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Arawn wrote: »

And about 847,691,083 Zubats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Arawn wrote: »

Pokedex says 649 , I dunno.

Does that make us old, the fact we can remember a time when they only knew about 151 ? 649 is too many

Advertisement