Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hector Goes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Anybody else notice anything odd about the van? I could have sworn that the outside shots showed a right hand drive while the interior ones where left. Maybe I shoulda gone to that Specsavers place.:D

On his radio show this morning he said they originally rented a left hand drive one in Poznan during the Euros, and brought it back to film this series. It was working out very expensive though, so they returned the rented one and found a right hand drive one in the same colour.

I'm by no means the biggest Hector fan, didn't catch the show, but he's good in the mornings for a bit of gentle encouragement to get going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Next week might be a bit better, he is going to meet Travellers.

That should be interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

That's why he bought the van is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I thought they had an exclusive deal with Henry McKean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Going back to his roots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Hectors original show on tg4 was excellent but that was 15 years ago and hector ran out of continents.

Since then he has managed to settle himself nicely into RTE where he will remain for the next 4 decades.

in any other country he would have had his 15 minutes with the tg4 show and that would be that, but not in ireland!

in about 20 years he will graduate to Radio one were he will present shows on the arts like Myles Dungan does.

hopefully im proved wrong and the last show will be called hector goes... away
    and will be just a half an hour clip of Hector walking off into the sunset and disappear from view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I wonder who will say "howya boss" first.

hector is shameless...this show is the pits

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Cringeworthy!
    Start was funny with him acting the eejit in the golf buggy.
    Didn't know if it was hect

Cringeworthy!
    Start was funny with him acting the eejit in the golf buggy.
    Couldn't tell if it was actually Hector or a sketch from the savage eye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I wish he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ray Lynam looks old :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Country music isn't my scene and I've had my fill of Hector over the last 2 weeks.

So I'm joining the girls over on RTÉ 2 for a glass bottle of vino. :)

how he gets his own show is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Even by Hector's standards, this show is baffling. What is he trying to achieve?

COYW wrote: »
    Even by Hector's standards, this show is baffling. What is he trying to achieve?

its incredibly bad, no idea why its on.

My ears are bleedin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This is a very flimsy premise. Hector has to sing a song in a hotel function room. So what? Knowing Hector, he probably wouldn't think twice about singing in front of 80,000 in Croke Park :rolleyes:

Have Monghan people any shame left!

stopped watching it now..unbearable.

• Advertisement

If they want to promote country music then do a proper documentary with the likes of this man, Mike Denver. Having Hector wandering about for an hour, thinking about singing a song and then singing a song in a hotel gig, does not promote country music .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

Weird show/series. More about the presenter than the subject matter.
    Instead of an insight into the country music scene it was mainly about if Hector was able to sing a song on stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

This is a very flimsy premise. Hector has to sing a song in a hotel function room. So what? Knowing Hector, he probably wouldn't think twice about singing in front of 80,000 in Croke Park :rolleyes:

Yes its obvious to most at this stage that Hector would be capable of singing a song at a small gig.

He's a TV/radio presenter and funny as you mention Croker I saw him do 'MC' at half time at the Aussie rules there a few years ago. In front of thousands.

One would imagine this would be no problem for him. So what was the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭black & white

Yes its obvious to most at this stage that Hector would be capable of singing a song at a small gig.

He's a TV/radio presenter and funny as you mention Croker I saw him do 'MC' at half time at the Aussie rules there a few years ago. In front of thousands.

One would imagine this would be no problem for him. So what was the point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBWEV7G5_Fk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

There's worse on TV right now then this. What about the New Yes Prime minister on Gold? Now that's cringeworthy.

The Hector series is v. Light entertainment . Nothing to get worked up over. It certainly beats crash tv like come dine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

There's worse on TV right now then this. What about the New Yes Prime minister on Gold? Now that's cringeworthy.

The Hector series is v. Light entertainment . Nothing to get worked up over. It certainly beats crash tv like come dine with me.

Hello Hector

We are not paying for Come dine with me or Yes PM. I understand that his shows are under the banner of very light entertainment but last night's show for example, had no purpose to it. It did nothing to promote the county music scene. It showed that Hector can sing a song in front of a hotel function room full of people. We all know the man can do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

We are not paying for Come dine with me or Yes PM. I understand that his shows are under the banner of very light entertainment but last night's show for example, had no purpose to it. It did nothing to promote the county music scene. It showed that Hector can sing a song in front of a hotel function room full of people. We all know the man can do that!

It's light entertainment - in this case, very light. I still see it as nothing to get worked up over. I don't see light entertainment as needing a meaning - it's simply switch off your brain- brain dead TV (Sorry Hector)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Tonight is probably least annoying night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Weird show/series. More about the presenter than the subject matter.
    Instead of an insight into the country music scene it was mainly about if Hector was able to sing a song on stage.

It's the same with any show that hector does...

Advertisement