Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many people here has ever being a car with a drink driver?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Yeah I have and more times then I care to remember. Or can actually remember.

It was a stupid and a poxy thing to do but sometimes it just happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Madam_X wrote: »
    Driving with a small bit of drink on you is fine IMO. Driving when drunk is indefensible no matter what the "good old days" crowd say.

There was a time i would have agreed with this but not anymore tbh and im guilty of drink driving myself in the past and often travelled in cars where the driver was **** faced but there is lots more traffic on the road now.

I know you are probably thinking the farmer who has three/four pints and drives a few miles home, still accidents happen and more often than not it's near home they happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

will.i.am wrote: »
    Cork Institute of Technology.

The whole institute? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Did it loads of times. Stupid. Wouldn't do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Was being driven around in a tractor with my little sister and the driver was ****-faced. He fell over getting out of the tractor. Was only about 9 at the time, would never Do it now as a driver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dont call me Shirley

Fast forward thirty years.

Remember when we were allowed get drunk. Ah the good ol days.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Not that I know of, but I'm relatively lucky as I live within taxi range of a big city and I'm not a big drinker. I'd say living out in the sticks its far more likely that somebody half blotto is going to offer you a spin somewhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Only once, crashed into a brick wall that landed me in hospital with a broken sternum, internal bruising, whiplash and dislocated hip.

Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

It's the 'if a tree falls in a wood' situation if you ask me.

If you live in the arse end of nowhere, there won't be anyone on the roads late at night to be a danger to.

I don't think the city folk what make these rules realize just how isolated parts of this country are.

All it takes is one family coming home from a wedding down the country or something.

No excuse for drunk driving. It's indefensible and if somebody is willing to risk their own ,and somebody elses, life for a couple of drinks well then I'd say they have a dependancy problem. I think the alcohol limit should be zero. Nothing I hate more than drink drivers. It's just ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

A well known ploy back in the day was for a married couple to have the wife in the back to make it look like you were a taxi.. Obviously helped if you were actually a taxi driver.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

All the time....Mum...Dad...Trips away down the country with relatives back in the early to mid-90's.

It was the norm back then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Yep, just home now after a feed of pints with the auld lad, knocked down a dog on the way home too................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I was in Where To's car before. He seemed drunk...
    :eek:
    Nope, never to my knowledge. I never knowingly would either.

Though I think my taxi driver might have been locked one night... His driving was so bad that it scared me ****less and I walked the rest of the way home.
    :eek::eek:
    beefstew wrote: »
    My local taxi driver was an alcoholic, one time at a well known crossroads in the town i live he pulled up, got out of the car, walks around for a minute hops back in and has to ask me where we were. The man was notorious for it!
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Saganist wrote: »
    A well known ploy back in the day was for a married couple to have the wife in the back to make it look like you were a taxi.. Obviously helped if you were actually a taxi driver.. :)
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

Was heading to my first concert, and a group of friends of friends were going and one of them was driving (I was 16 at the time). I didn't realize one of them would be driving, thought it was their parents. About 3/4 of the way there, the driver pulled into a shop to buy some cheap booze for after the concert. Made my move and phoned a family member while they were in the shop and got them to pick me up after the concert instead of going with the group.
    I have a huge problem with drink drivers. Closely related to someone who paralyzed another girl when drink driving. I just would not chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

I have more than twice less than five times,
    I am morethan freeman,
    sincerely.
    iguy....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

5 of us on the session...words were uttered, I believe they were...most sober drives

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My father used to drive with drink taken back in the day when you could get away with it. He told me he'd become even more aware behind the wheel, he stated he drove better.

Advertisement