Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would you retire to?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Grimsby.

Honestly though?

Somewhere near my loved ones, with good services, and a well equipped hospital.

Isn't "loved ones" your code for your gang of thai ladyboy b1tches?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Somewhere like California or Sydney I reckon - not old enough to think properly about it yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Isn't "loved ones" your code for your gang of thai ladyboy b1tches?

Busted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Ayia Napa.

I've worked there for the last 2 years good shout :)

Busted. :(

McFly :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

Spain has got it all when it comes to my ideal country in which to retire to - warm sunny climate, unspoiled countryside and villages, vibrant cities, spectacular scenery, a very rich culture and heritage, low cost of living, helpful and honest people - everything in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm planning on buying an old house halfway up a hill/mountain in south-west Deutschland and spending my days drinking bier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Little Bay in western Jamaica. Paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The Sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Switzerland or somewhere else that snows regularly.

The sun and heat can go ride itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Where To wrote: »
    If I ever retire there's no ****ing way I'm gonna be tied to the one place, you wouldn't see me for dust

Yes 100%

Would be nice to have a yacht and dock it in every young hot spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭lynchieboy

The Lake District, near Keswick preferably, fishing, fell running and drinking beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The local!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

The Maldives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I don't have a pension and can realistically see myself working right to my death but hypothetically, I'd retire in Ireland somewhere coastal. Realistically, I'll be selling friendship bracelets on the beaches of the Colombian coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Near Annascaul or Inch in Kerry.

Something beautiful and peaceful about the place that draws me to it. Incredible views of the mountains on one side and the fresh sea air and sand on the other - a sight to treasure every morning! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

If you are young enough to be posting on boards, you won't retire, a post war welfare state extravagance, working til you're 90 in Walmart you'll be. Not me, I'm the older demographic me, I only have to work til I'm 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Southern California, Florida, or Caribbean.

Nice sounds nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

South Africa

• Advertisement
Advertisement