Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would you retire to?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

gustafo wrote: »
    Pattaya Thailand

Wall to wall totty

Yeah, if chicks with dicks is your tang.

For me it would have to be Lourdes, sure you'd never get sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Retire to the drawing room

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

The playboy mansion of course...... ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarah42012

Malta probable, a lot of people retire out there. Cheap living, good weather, friendly people and close to Italy.

Beautiful place!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mahonykid

The moon.
    Such beautiful scenery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

The Bog;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Corsica.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Where would you retire to?
    I would (and plan to) return to Nice, Southern France.
    * http://www.world66.com/europe/france/midi/cotedazur/nice
    * http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=571

A place that is simply breathtakingly beautiful. Easy to live in and so much to do and see in the old French quarter daily alone (There is also a modern section, a luxury section and a huge Roman ancient section), so many historic areas in and around it, so many places like museums (12+) and galleries, so many different local clubs and organisations and much more.

For retirement - its top of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Id like to retire to the Wicklow area. Out of the hustle n bustle but still close enough to the city. Its a shame people cant really retire to the country side in Ireland because of the amount of hospitals closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Meath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Probably somewhere in Devon, it's a beautiful part of the world, or maybe somewhere in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ideally if I get to that stage in life I'd like to spend my summers here in Ireland and my winters on a Med island like Corsica or Sardinia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

iDave wrote: »
    Meath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I know its war torn, and rarely at peace. But in a heart beat I'd retire to Lebanon

Its a stunningly beautiful country with some of the friendliest people I've met anywhere in the world.

Failing that, Cyprus.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Most of us have some ideal place we would like to retire to, Spain, France, Leitrim:D.
    For me it would be Montenegro, have a lot of friends over there, weather is great, scenery is breathtaking and the people are lovely.
    So Boardsies, where would you like to retire to?

PS , Can the mods please ban the first fúker whose answer is "Stud":D:D:D

Is that you Ron?

I've worked in Montenegro, it wouldn't be a bad place to retire, but I think I'd enjoy Slovenia more.

Edit: Where in Montenegro? If you were in Budva over the summer, we probably met.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Miami. See can I bag myself one of them Golden Girls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

France for the winter, and then somewhere in Ireland near the sea for the winter. Waterford probably.

I am getting excited already!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Its a shame people cant really retire to the country side in Ireland because of the amount of hospitals closing down.

Yeah you can, just pick an area close to a large hospital that's still open :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

If I ever retire there's no ****ing way I'm gonna be tied to the one place, you wouldn't see me for dust, I'd be like The Littlest Hobo, further on down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Arent you great craic altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Most of us have some ideal place we would like to retire to, Spain, France, Leitrim:D.
    For me it would be Montenegro, have a lot of friends over there, weather is great, scenery is breathtaking and the people are lovely.
    So Boardsies, where would you like to retire to?

PS , Can the mods please ban the first fúker whose answer is "Stud":D:D:D

For me it would be the Sahara, I have done a bit of work out there and run a few marathons and the like; but if I could eek out a living there I would be there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

My folks have retired to France (mid west)- the plan is to spend spring/summer there and winter here.

Don't think I'd move anywhere on retiring- especially if I had kids/grand kids around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    Is that you Ron?

I've worked in Montenegro, it wouldn't be a bad place to retire, but I think I'd enjoy Slovenia more.

Edit: Where in Montenegro? If you were in Budva over the summer, we probably met.

Names not Ron, but yea head to Budva at once a year, sometimes more, also spent time in Bar , Petrovac.
    Been all around former Yugoslavia.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Melbourne.

In fact, I'm retiring to there in July.

Bring it onnnnnn!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The playboy mansion of course...... ;-)
    You're going to offer your body to Hugh Hefner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd like to retire in Barbados.

Now to persuade the pale-skinned, sun-dodging Irishman I'm married to, it'd be a good idea! :pac:

Leitrim or Lika, Croatia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Croatian Adriatic coast or Northern LA/Californian Bay Area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Grimsby.

Honestly though?

Somewhere near my loved ones, with good services, and a well equipped hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Somewhere in Central America or the Caribbean I think. Rum, sun and good music... sure what else would you want in your oldie days?

Advertisement