Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots 75% off Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Will the sale be on make up like Rimmel etc...?

No, just on Christmas Stock such as Gift sets, wrapping paper and cards (often go to 90%), some toys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Natasha007

So is there anybody 100% sure when it's actually gonna start like in Dublin Jervis Centre?

Natasha007 wrote: »
    So is there anybody 100% sure when it's actually gonna start like in Dublin Jervis Centre?

No-one is 100% sure that it will start on Wednesday but it more than likely will.....;)
    lindtee wrote: »
    It had better not be tomorrow as I can't go frown.png

As it turned out I could have gone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MaireadK4

Any update on this starting tomorrow?
    Also does anyone know which store has the best stock? I found Liffey Valley the best last year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

MaireadK4 wrote: »
    Also does anyone know which store has the best stock? I found Liffey Valley the best last year.

Probably the same or any of the other larger stores - the new one in Blanchardstown could probably rival Liffey Valley size-wise so might have some good stock as well.

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »

Probably the same or any of the other larger stores - the new one in Blanchardstown could probably rival Liffey Valley size-wise so might have some good stock as well.

Is that the one beside HMV and Penny's?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Is that the one beside HMV and Penny's?

Yes - they moved to the unit next door to HMV, it used to be The Jean Scene and something else, it is much bigger than the one that was on the opposite side (it was on the same side as the cinema originally).

Was it hectic though?

Moonbaby wrote: »

Was it hectic though?
    Not really. You could manage to get down the aisles.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Basq wrote: »
    Starting next Wednesday (16th) according to HotUkDeals.
    Boots will be doing the gift sets tomorrow the 14th at 75% off. The usual suspects Gillette lynx and all them type. My niece works there and they were doing the pricing and store displays after work this evening, she said they have lots of stock and pretty much everything that was on the shelves over xmas is available.

Thanks for this guys, got a few gifts for people this year that were much appreciated, and would make good gifts during the year.

My local seem to have plenty of stock of them too.

• Advertisement

Its 100% happening today as the things are reduced online. At least I know I won't be wasting a journey this morning.

http://www.boots.com/en/Offers/SALE/
    (might be worth using parcel motel for those who can't make the sale in store but from reading HUKD there is often stock issues on popular items)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I cant go till tonight. I hope theres some stuff left. I really want the paella kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Signs were up in Wilton when I was walking past this morning. Hopefully I'll get a few nice things later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Well, i wasn't prepared for that! Went to the one on childers road, Limerick hoping to get a late christmas present for my sister but was baracaded out by women with trollies. Hadn't a hope of getting something. Prob a rookie mistake on my behalf going just when the shop opened. Scary stuff though, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The Liffey Valley branch was vicious! but I got what I wanted :D Thanks for the tip OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Things fairly civil in Henry St (poor stock) and Jervis St (loads of stock).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Just back from the Jervis Street shop, got a pile of stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Was very crazy at 9.30 at the Big boots in Cork City.

People with trolleys with 20-30 packs of fcuk sets. Shouldn't be allowed to buy that much when it's obviously to resell.

Only had ten mins as I was on tea break and got quite a bit good stuff. Some really bargains to be had but stock is rapidly depleting thanks to the people with trolleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Very civil in Omni in Santry too.... probably because they have bugger all on offer! :rolleyes: Very poor there this year, was great last year

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

Went to Dublin jervis about 11am. Good selection, busy but not ridiculous. Got 245 euros worth of stuff for 61. Will smell only beautiful till next Christmas :-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Was very crazy at 9.30 at the Big boots in Cork City.

People with trolleys with 20-30 packs of fcuk sets.

Ditto, was there at about 8.40 and people had Tesco trolleys full of stuff, literally thirty or forty of the same gift set in each. Managed to grab a few bits myself but parked too far away to get anything substantial ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Went to Dundrum and it was packed (well considering it was only 3 aisles and loads of women with trolleys). Got the two gift sets I wanted and legged it.
    Next year I think I'll just buy off boots.co.uk and parcel motel it

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

No mens sets left in Jervis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Won't get a chance to check this out till tomorrow, hope there's still some stuff left in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Just back from Blanchardswtown, place was absolutely packed, still some good things left, but not loads. There was 3 aisles, now down to two. No mens sets at all. Quite a few people doing bulk buys, obviously for resale. Loads of big FCUK (were €60 now €15) and smaller GOK WAN sets, loads of childrens sets and christmassy things (cards, gift tags, wrapping paper and candle holders).

Was talking to the girl on the till, she said there was riots in Jervis, people were stealing from each others baskets.

I'd say they will be sold out by close of business today.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Jervis still has some decent stock. No mens sets though

Stocked up on sanctuary, champneys, royal jelly. Will last me all year!

Noticed this last year and again today. Those really big boxes of sanctuary and champeney, a good few were emptied. I always wondered
    are some people adding to their own box as they are not sealed so stealing them??

Was in Blackpool before work this morning and there was only 2/3 people there. (possibly because most didn't realise that they were open so early ) Very quiet indeed. Spent far more than I had intended to and could possibly have spent more had I more time. Actually don't like those fcuk bags so didn't get one, (and I got 2 last year) they had quite a few there. They had no food gift sets (besides a pasta one and an apron) which I was :( about, had seen nice food sets in Mahon but they opened to late for me.

My present cupboard/box will be well stocked for a long time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Natasha007

Jervis had lots of teen/women's sets but nothing for men. Was pretty packed, everybody loves a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Got my pj's not many left think staff had first dibs on them.not s&g sets left well apart from the hand wash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Busi Girl

Liffey valley shelves more or less empty apart from a few Sanctuary gift sets left

Advertisement