Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RBS Six Nations 2013

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

is good to know that conor murray did exactly what conor murray does in another game. kick away possession and no ideas. roll on boss/marmion. would like to see keatley push forward in the race for 10 and while i did mention felix jones in previous post, would simply like to see any alternative to kearney. at the moment there is no replacement for him even though he is the most frustrating player to watch as he will not pass the ball. reminds me of my connacht full-back nemesis :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

ouncer wrote: »
    is good to know that conor murray did exactly what conor murray does in another game. kick away possession and no ideas. roll on boss/marmion. would like to see keatley push forward in the race for 10 and while i did mention felix jones in previous post, would simply like to see any alternative to kearney. at the moment there is no replacement for him even though he is the most frustrating player to watch as he will not pass the ball. reminds me of my connacht full-back nemesis :-)

I think Murray has had a great championship! Really making progress. He's so young too. Great future ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

If Boss or Marmion play for Ireland under Kidney, they'll do the exact same as Murray, i.e. kick away possession whenever we're in our own half.
    It's not Murray's fault, he's just following the gameplan he's had drilled into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Swiwi wrote: »
    Well done mate! Wales were fantastic today, and worthy champions. Should see the Welsh contingent in the Lions be up. Your backrow was immense.
    Thanks.
    Just back from Cardiff. Amazing atmosphere. Committed performance backed up with plenty of skill.
    One of those occasions that will live in the memory.

its not really hard to understand.
    15 - kearney can kick and catch similar to henshaw but can't pass. strange but neither can henshaw. its a mindblowing conundrum that the irfu wish to have one player of similar qualities follow another. if henshaw gets the progression then i hold out no hope. in his progression in connacht he has ensured the least amount of tries and a total discord within the connacht backline
    14- there is only one 14 in ireland and that is tommy bowe. if a replacement was needed it was trimble to move over to the right wing.
    13- there is only brian. i could try and argue this point but there is no replacement for bod. Cave will take over next year but will never have the the same impact
    12- marshall and mcsharry both showing huge promise
    11- zebo is simply a proven fantastic 11 and hope he can even make the Lions. If he was ever injured Trimble I would favour to a completely out of form Earls. How could any manager name Earls on a team after his performances this year. I wouldn't even name him on the bench for munster
    10- there is no replacement for sexton. but if sexton needed replacing, and ROG is gone then I would suggest Keatley before Marshall. Most critical point is a player who has shown the trust of his players (marshall will do this in due course)
    9- so many figure conor murray is playing the irish coaching game and is kicking away possession on that basis. well if you watch he is already feicing up any chance for munster in this pro 12. reddan is happless, boss is the obvious comparison to mike phillips who is the best 9 in europe at the moment
    8- now here my connacht bias comes in as i believe eoin mckeon is the nest proven 8 in ireland at the moment. and thats a sad reflection on jamie heaslip and i will say no more
    7- sean o'brien is much like bod, one of a kind. cannot think of an alternative and while cave is an alternative to bod at the moment there is no alternative to sob
    6- peter o mahony is doing fine no reasonable alternative
    5- donnacha ryan is doing fine no reasonable alternative
    4- mike mccarthy has had a really poor international season
    3- mike ross has been terrible
    2- best has done good
    1- as has cian healy

from what you can witness i dont know the big guys well but i know the backs lots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

15 - kearney can kick and catch similar to henshaw but can't pass. strange but neither can henshaw. its a mindblowing conundrum that the irfu wish to have one player of similar qualities follow another. if henshaw gets the progression then i hold out no hope. in his progression in connacht he has ensured the least amount of tries and a total discord within the connacht backline

What do you mean? Do you mean that Kearney isn't able to pass or that he doesn't pass when he should?

How could any manager name Earls on a team after his performances this year. I wouldn't even name him on the bench for munster

Yeah, because Munster's backs have been really firing this season. Sure Earls wouldn't have a hope of getting into that awesome team. :rolleyes:

Tell me, who would you have ahead of Earls in the Munster backline? Who would be ahead of him on the bench? Please enlighten me (I'm being very genuine here).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Kearney has poor spatial awareness and his passing skills are average.

he refuses to pass. you can give any example but its a once off. kearney does not pass. while he runs great lines, they are his lines, and he has very little concept of what is about him. halfpenny ten times as good

he refuses to pass. you can give any example but its a once off. kearney does not pass. while he runs great lines, they are his lines, and he has very little concept of what is about him. halfpenny ten times as good

That's a fair comment, but that's not what's implied when you say "can't pass" though.

Please answer my question on Earls, genuinely want to read your response.

ok, had written loads of stuff but you just want an earls analysis so backtracked. if bod could have killed him for inability to pass that would be one reason. for a guy to be selected to the international team on no foem would be another reason. i remember watching trimble having a crap game for the wolfhounds, but he so he had a bad game, earls has had not only bad games he has had a desperate season. i felt so sorry for trimble after the wolfhounds, and then we had to live with earls. good god. there are so many players better than him at winger it hurts

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

14- there is only one 14 in ireland and that is tommy bowe. if a replacement was needed it was trimble to move over to the right wing.
    13- there is only brian. i could try and argue this point but there is no replacement for bod. Cave will take over next year but will never have the the same impact
    12- marshall and mcsharry both showing huge promise
    11- zebo is simply a proven fantastic 11 and hope he can even make the Lions. If he was ever injured Trimble I would favour to a completely out of form Earls. How could any manager name Earls on a team after his performances this year. I wouldn't even name him on the bench for munster
    10- there is no replacement for sexton. but if sexton needed replacing, and ROG is gone then I would suggest Keatley before Marshall. Most critical point is a player who has shown the trust of his players (marshall will do this in due course)
    9- so many figure conor murray is playing the irish coaching game and is kicking away possession on that basis. well if you watch he is already feicing up any chance for munster in this pro 12. reddan is happless, boss is the obvious comparison to mike phillips who is the best 9 in europe at the moment
    8- now here my connacht bias comes in as i believe eoin mckeon is the nest proven 8 in ireland at the moment. and thats a sad reflection on jamie heaslip and i will say no more
    7- sean o'brien is much like bod, one of a kind. cannot think of an alternative and while cave is an alternative to bod at the moment there is no alternative to sob
    6- peter o mahony is doing fine no reasonable alternative
    5- donnacha ryan is doing fine no reasonable alternative
    4- mike mccarthy has had a really poor international season
    3- mike ross has been terrible
    2- best has done good
    1- as has cian healy

from what you can witness i dont know the big guys well but i know the backs lots

Who is this Marshall at 10 that you speak of?

And you are forgetting Iain Henderson when you say no reasonable alternative to POM / DR.

why do i always feic up marshall and jackson? sorry not an ulster fan but a fan of many ulster players

• Subscribers Posts: 41,310 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

why do i always feic up marshall and jackson? sorry not an ulster fan but a fan of many ulster players

If madigan its deemed good enough at this stage to replace sexton at leinster, then, form allowing, he is the obvious back up on the ireland team.

Keatley just doesn't have the tactical awareness for an international 10 for me. Doesn't help that he plays quite a few games at centre. Perhaps when theres no rog in the scene he may improve.

But currently my 10's are:
    Sexton
    Madigan
    Jackson
    keatley

In that order.

Tell me, who would you have ahead of Earls in the Munster backline? Who would be ahead of him on the bench? Please enlighten me (I'm being very genuine here).
    ok, had written loads of stuff but you just want an earls analysis so backtracked. if bod could have killed him for inability to pass that would be one reason. for a guy to be selected to the international team on no foem would be another reason. i remember watching trimble having a crap game for the wolfhounds, but he so he had a bad game, earls has had not only bad games he has had a desperate season. i felt so sorry for trimble after the wolfhounds, and then we had to live with earls. good god. there are so many players better than him at winger it hurts

Read my post again, you didn't answer my question.

taking the 4 provinces into account and with current injuries there is no available winger. in terms of grade bowe, zebo, trimble, gilroy, toh, duffy, kearney and then earls. time for munster to invest in a decent winger

That's not what I was trying to ask, I'm talking about the current Munster squad as is. Forget about players outside Munster for now.

Assuming everyone is fit in the current Munster squad, what is your Munster 11-15 and bench cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

taking the 4 provinces into account and with current injuries there is no available winger. in terms of grade bowe, zebo, trimble, gilroy, toh, duffy, kearney and then earls. time for munster to invest in a decent winger

Complete nonsense.

Earls is, and probably will always be a better winger than TOH, Duffy and Kearney.

Bowe on his day is our best winger, Zebo, Trimble, Gilroy and Earls all in a similar bracket.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Complete nonsense.

Earls is, and probably will always be a better winger than TOH, Duffy and Kearney.

Bowe on his day is our best winger, Zebo, Trimble, Gilroy and Earls all in a similar bracket.

watch this space imo

jeepers if earls is compared to gilroy he is in decline. look forward to seeing conway excelling at munster. think earls will disappear into the woodwork. really liked the look of sheridan last weekend

Advertisement