Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got first payslip with new tax for 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Only down 6 euro pw myself due to the loss of the PRSI exemption. Other increases are the result of increases in my annual train ticket, increase in pension deductions, and VHI going up, so not strictly speaking tax increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

token101 wrote: »
    You'd have to pay all those things regardless though! You're also paying for the massive social welfare cost, don't forget that when people come up with stuff like this:
    Again, per my subsequent comment, I'm referring to the quality of the services in return. They're there, but barely.

Again and again people first refer to the cost of ministerial expenses/pensions and social welfare, since that's the most prominent thing in our view - they overshadow the other services we pay for. Our public services are in a horrendously disorganised and inefficient state.

Roads are great, but we pay for them three times. Then we get told we have to pay a property tax for local services. Why? Because the money we've been paying for years has all been blown.

Yes it's a story that's been trotted out again and again, but it just enrages me! Because of those who foolishly spent - and are still spending - the money earned by this country, we have this very thread, telling each other how much our payslips have been reduced by.

Again.

For what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Proxy wrote: »
    My point was more that I don't get high-quality services in return for the taxes that I do pay.

If you want seriously high quality services, expect to pay far more tax.

Unless your already paying a massive whack on the higher bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

€400, down to €395 a week. I need a raise :(

I'm the same.

This makes me sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

€ 5.08 per week or €22.01 per month regardless of what you earn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

€ 5.08 per week or €22.01 per month regardless of what you earn.

Yeah, this. There's no reason anyone's deductions should be one cent more or less than this as the PRSI change is across the board and PAYE and USC rates and credits havent changed at all. People should be checking their gross pay rates and non-statutory deductions to ensure no one is trying to pull a fast one on you. The anomoly of a Week 53 USC rate should balance up next week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LivelineDipso

msg11 wrote: »
    Yeah they have just helped themselves to 13% of my weekly pay. Just for the record I come out with 355 a week.

What a ****ing joke to be honest, I don't mind paying some 5/6% not 13% . Sure next year it will be 15% then a few years 20%.

I shed a tear when I hear of story's like the TD's in Dail getting iPads, I mean is this what I am paying 13% of my yearly pay for.

Did you vote YES to the Fiscal Treaty?

That's what you are paying for. Bankbailouts, the survival of the Euro as a philosphical idea and the Croke Park Agreement.

That's why there was also a NO vote side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Out of my pay raise I'm going to buy.......wait this is not 2003.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

FYI, my aggregated tax-rate in Canada is 23%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Im down 10 euro.

Paid weekly.

What does the 53 week USC thing mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

As far as I know there was no changes to any tax, PRSI or USC rates, only the abolishment of the PRSI allowance so people should only be down that €5.08 a week.

Week 53 is having 53 paydays in a calender year!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yeah, this. There's no reason anyone's deductions should be one cent more or less than this as the PRSI change is across the board and PAYE and USC rates and credits havent changed at all. People should be checking their gross pay rates and non-statutory deductions to ensure no one is trying to pull a fast one on you. The anomoly of a Week 53 USC rate should balance up next week

Not totally correct. As stated before self-employed people never got this tax credit, so no change for them. And yes you can be paye and self-employed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Just was told by accounts that because of being on weekly pay we went in to week 53 so the USC charge was paid at the highest rate. Next week it will return to normal

Only in Ireland are there 53 weeks in a (tax) year:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Eden3 wrote: »

Only in Ireland are there 53 weeks in a (tax) year:confused:
    No not just Ireland where theres more than 364 days.

Its the Bear Tax
    Let the bears pay the bear tax,
    I pay the homer tax!
    That's the HOME owner tax!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

msg11 wrote: »

I shed a tear when I hear of story's like the TD's in Dail getting iPads, I mean is this what I am paying 13% of my yearly pay for.

How else are they going to play angry birds in the Dail?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I got 20 euros this week, expecting less than a hundred next week.
    Normal in the real world of self employment this time of year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 TeresaDarling

galwayrush wrote: »
    I got 20 euros this week, expecting less than a hundred next week.
    Normal in the real world of self employment this time of year.

thats 20 quid more than me :)

I am hopeful, valentines day is coming and I have a jewellery website, so I really do hope all of you men out there do something bold enough to have to grovel............lots of jewellery grovel lol

(very reasonably priced as I only need a wage this is due to paying very high taxes for years but daring to be a director so no benefits for me, they cant force me to make loads of taxable profit, such a shame!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Checked my wage slip.
    Have Partner and daughter. Was gettin 362 on dole for us.
    Took a 19.5hr a week job for 372 in october. im now gettin 360 a week. 48 less a month, and 56euro less than someone in the same circumstances on the dole.
    Kenny and Gilmore, fcuk you. :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I didn't pay any PAYE in 2012 - only started working in Sept and never went over my tax free allowance so my pay will be down not matter what!

It was nice getting payslips and only getting USC and PRSI taken out of it. I felt rich :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

at least you all got payslips, you know some employers still aren't even doing that bit!

Advertisement