Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got first payslip with new tax for 2013

Options
  • 03-01-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I just got my payslip for the year, can any find a link for what the breakdown of tax should be taken compared with last year. I thought it would be something small but there seems to be a lot more taken this week then previous week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its the Bear Tax

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Weirdly I got €6.50 more. That's just money into my bank as I haven't checked my payslip yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,857 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Yeah they have just helped themselves to 13% of my weekly pay. Just for the record I come out with 355 a week.

What a ****ing joke to be honest, I don't mind paying some 5/6% not 13% . Sure next year it will be 15% then a few years 20%.

I shed a tear when I hear of story's like the TD's in Dail getting iPads, I mean is this what I am paying 13% of my yearly pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

down €23 on my weekly wage - didnt think it would be that much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Down a fiver a week (almost €25 a month). Gayballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

sink wrote: »
    Weirdly I got €6.50 more. That's just money into my bank as I haven't checked my payslip yet.

Just checked and I'm down €28 on my standard pay ffs. That's almost €1,500 per year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

PRSI exemption is gone, thats 4% straightaway legally thieved from your paypacket. I don't get my Jan payslip till the end of the month so I anticipate in horror at these horror stories ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

My 2013 tax is the same as my 2012 tax - absolutely none :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Are people earning hundreds each week to be down by that much. I mean €500 a week?

Down a fiver a week (almost €25 a month). Gayballs.

Just went to confirm this with my boss (also my best mate) and she had a look and said I'd be down €200 a month :eek::eek:

Luckily it was just revenue forgetting that I'm single :D

€23 a month it is.

Are people earning hundreds each week to be down by that much. I mean €500 a week?

my take home has dropped from €530.74 to €508.23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Have a medal.

€400, down to €395 a week. I need a raise :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Think I might stay on the dole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I'll be down about 25e per month because of PRSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Y'know, in some ways, I don't blame you. Every time I pay a toll, pay my car tax, pay for the dentist, pay for health services, paid for education, even just open my payslip each month, I feel like a f**king clown. I feel like I'm working a full-time job just out of pride or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

Just was told by accounts that because of being on weekly pay we went in to week 53 so the USC charge was paid at the highest rate. Next week it will return to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Gotta pay for Biffo's and Bertie's pensions, folks....

• Advertisement

Just was told by accounts that because of being on weekly pay we went in to week 53 so the USC charge was paid at the highest rate. Next week it will return to normal

im on weekly too - hope thats the case for me as well!

Proxy wrote: »
    Y'know, in some ways, I don't blame you. Every time I pay a toll, pay my car tax, pay for the dentist, pay for health services, paid for education, even just open my payslip each month, I feel like a f**king clown. I feel like I'm working a full-time job just out of pride or something.

The only one of those you wouldn't be paying if you were on the dole was health services......So don't feel too bad about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

ash23 wrote: »
    The only one of those you wouldn't be paying if you were on the dole was health services......So don't feel too bad about it.
    My point was more that I don't get high-quality services in return for the taxes that I do pay.

My point was more that I don't get high-quality services in return for the taxes that I do pay.

I hear you. It'd be worse trying to pay for those things on the dole though.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Don't get my payslip till the end of the month, but the boss apparently has a policy of increasing wages to absorb tax changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

No change whatsoever for self-employed people. Didn't get the prsi exemption in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Im not looking forward to seeing mine.I work for a multinational IT company who already are squeezing the **** out of targets.Its 5 times more difficult to get paid

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't earn too highly, lost 25 per month, 5 per week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

You'd have to pay all those things regardless though! You're also paying for the massive social welfare cost, don't forget that when people come up with stuff like this:

Advertisement