Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun..

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

paddyh117 wrote: »
    ....Just to give yourself a chance, its 9.30 and 11.00 not 9.00 and 11.00 on NYD!

i'll only be doing one mind you

The 'rules' are that you run between the parks (which coincidently is nearly exactly 5km. So brace for a 15k run on the day :)

It was good craic last year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The 'rules' are that you run between the parks (which coincidently is nearly exactly 5km. So brace for a 15k run on the day :)

30k if you run back to St Anne’s for your car/bike. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ya wha??? I certainly didn't run between runs last year!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

quickbeam wrote: »
    Ya wha??? I certainly didn't run between runs last year!

Its da rulez

Murph_D wrote: »
    30k if you run back to St Anne’s for your car/bike. wink.png

Only if you do the 2 parkruns twice each pacman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Poolbeg and Fr.Collins should also be doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I see St.Anne's and Father Collins are joining forces for New Years Day with St.Anne's running as usual at 09:00 and Father Collins are going at 11:00.. And I'm coming off a 24 hour shift at 08:30 that morning, should be fun.

It would be mad to get 2 PB's on the one day :D

St Anne's is at 9.30 and Fr Collins is at 11 so do a 5 km parkrun, run to Fr Collins which is 5 km and then do another parkrun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Poolbeg and Fr.Collins should also be doable.

That's a bit of a trip! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I get it, I made a typo ~ St.Anne's is 09:30

Since I'll either cycle or drive to St.Anne's I won't be running to Fr.Collins then back to St.Annes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

Should be fun getting between Longford and Mullingar double;44km in 1 hr, no problem :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Only if you do the 2 parkruns twice each pacman.gif

Oops. 20k. Although if I jogged out from my house and back that would bring it to 31 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I see St.Anne's and Father Collins are joining forces for New Years Day with St.Anne's running as usual at 09:00 and Father Collins are going at 11:00.. And I'm coming off a 24 hour shift at 08:30 that morning, should be fun.

It would be mad to get 2 PB's on the one day :D

I love both those parkruns, but I’d love if some year they did Fr Collins first so we could go to Olive’s for coffee / to warm up after the second one

Murph_D wrote: »
    Oops. 20k. Although if I jogged out from my house and back that would bring it to 31 ;)

Lets petition Darndale to have one at 12:30 :)
    We could be running all day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Did someone say parkrun double?!

THIS is the one to attend :) can't wait, I love the NYD doubles!

This is a first for Cabinteely & Poolbeg, 3 hills and a little pimple!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

KAGY wrote: »
    Should be fun getting between Longford and Mullingar double;44km in 1 hr, no problem :-p
    Is it possible to get the 2 of them done? I'm kinda toying with the idea... But I'm approx 32 mins runner (maybe more, depends how fresh I am that morning!), allow a few mins at the start for run brief, few mins after to walk back to car, aa route planner say 45 mins drive to Longford - I might be cutting it tight...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    aa route planner say 45 mins drive to Longford - I might be cutting it tight...
    You don't necessarily have to make it for the start; you just have to able to beat the tailwalker to the finish line. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

DeepBlue wrote: »
    You don't necessarily have to make it for the start; you just have to able to beat the tailwalker to the finish line. :pac:

That is something that we are trying to establish which of our local parkruns it will be an option in the future for parent 1 to get around the course then take over swing pushing duties and then parent 2 get around the course before the tail marshal finishes. Lots of variation locally with the terrain and distance between start and finish and swings and how long the tail marshals usually take.

I can highly recommend the chasing down the tail marshal as a training session though, it adds a bit of extra motivation to the run that you don't even get from just racing between yourself and the clock.

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I love both those parkruns, but I’d love if some year they did Fr Collins first so we could go to Olive’s for coffee / to warm up after the second one

Good idea actually.. One of the very few failings of Fr.Collins is the lack of somewhere to go for a post run coffee.

I love the last 800 meter finish straight in St.Annes, esp good if I'm out for a PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Heading to London next weekend, struggling to decide which one to do over there.

Went with Beckton in the end. Nice friendly bunch. Small crowd, which meant more of a community feel to it.

Two-lapper mix of grass and tarmac. Grass wet & slippery added a bit of cross country conditions. Long day yesterday, so let's a bit tired. Happy with time though.

Had a sidestep a squirrel on a warm-up/recce lap. He must have been scared of my speed and agility as no sign of him after that.

Free tea & coffee provided by the crew after. There was a good few visitors.

Would be a fast course in the summer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Finally getting around to do some parkrun tourism...

Did Tolka Valley parkrun this morning. Small crowd but a nice setting, volunteer team seems really enthuastic! Small rolling hills make for nice training!

I got a PB at Father Collins this morning.

And I see on St.Anne's Facebook page they've officially announced a record field of 535 runner this morning, CONGRATS St.Anne's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Did Fletcher Moss parkrun this morning - their second run after the quietest inaugural ever last week. Haven't been well lately and the boys were acting up as well so a very slow time! Lovely course though and good to have another local one as both South Manchester and Stretford are routinely 500+ now.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

And I see on St.Anne's Facebook page they've officially announced a record field of 535 runner this morning, CONGRATS St.Anne's.

Think they had a large crew running from Piranha TC

I did a similar time to 2 weeks ago in St Annes but finished 90 places lower than then :) Serious crowd this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Good idea actually.. One of the very few failings of Fr.Collins is the lack of somewhere to go for a post run coffee.

Watch this space...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My 250 top arrived whilst making our way back from parkrun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

robinph wrote: »
    My 250 top arrived whilst making our way back from parkrun.

Congrats! There can't be too many of those in Ireland yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I was a tourist in Poppintree this morning; nice course and very enthusiastic group of volunteers! Managed a 2018 PB somehow, didn't feel that fast TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

ionapaul wrote: »
    I was a tourist in Poppintree this morning; nice course and very enthusiastic group of volunteers! Managed a 2018 PB somehow, didn't feel that fast TBH.

Were you 4th?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭opus

Great to see a parkrun back in Cork city after a long wait! 142 finishers at Glen River this morning, I'm somewhere in that little video :)

https://twitter.com/corkcityparks/status/1066270324097015809

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Wottle

Had a really nice morning at Marlay.
    Seem to have a very strong, super core team.
    Nice conditions if you were up for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement