Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backstabbing friends

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yungwan1k94

CianRyan wrote: »
    The OP claims to be 18, yet her name would suggest she's actually 1018.
    Op, you're devious.
    loooool hahaa you know i actually i did not choose this name it was a joke from afriend and haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

loooool hahaa you know i actually i did not choose this name it was a joke from afriend and haha

Just judging from that alone I say that was one of the bad friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

With friends like that... Oh wait :/

1ZRed wrote: »
    Just judging from that alone I say that was one of the bad friends
    lol true they wer some bitch ass mofo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I thank jebus I'm not an 18 year old girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I notice you've started some other threads in the hip hop forum and another one about college meetups. That's a great start, a lot of boardsie's are nice, genuine folks (except me, Im a crank!)

Feck the bullies OP and move on, im sure you'll do just fine :)

I notice you've started some other threads in the hip hop forum and another one about college meetups. That's a great start, a lot of boardsie's are nice, genuine folks (except me, Im a crank!)

Feck the bullies OP and move on, im sure you'll do just fine :)
    for a crank your really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Welcome to my world, OP. The crowd I used to hang out with were absolutely toxic. Two faced, cowardly, dishonest, and a few of them were just genuine pr!cks who got a kick out of making people miserable.

What was hilarious about these lads was their persistent spineless refusal to admit that anything was up. Rather than be straight with me to my face, they preferred to arrange for me to be kept in the dark about everything, even though through the magic of having mutual friends I always ended up finding out anyway, and then they'd come crawling back time and time again to "apologize" and assure me I'd got it all wrong.

Probably the funniest instance was when a massive gang of our mates were heading to Rosslare for the weekend. They decided, I sh!t you not, "Hey let's make sure Paddy doesn't find out about this". They decided to call the trip "Project Hide-Away" and would write not-so-cryptic statuses all over Facebook saying things like "Can't want for Project Hide-Away next weekend!"
    I heard about Rosslare obviously from another of our friends, but as it happened I was too sick to go. I honestly didn't realize the conspiracy was directed at me although I did register dimly that it was a bit odd that none of my actual crowd had said it to me, but whatever. I had the flu that weekend so couldn't go anyway.

Day they came back, I Facebooked my friend (we'll call him Jimbo, not his real name) and said "Hey, did ye have a good weekend in Rosslare? Any craic?". He replied to me and said "Nah was fairly boring really". Five seconds later, on the home page of Facebook, I see the following: Jimbo -> Paul "CODE RED ON OPERATION HIDE AWAY". To say I was pissed would be an understatement. I called him out on it and then came the usual flood of bullsh!t with him saying stuff like "I didn't want to do it, I got dragged into this etc etc, it'll never happen again, come out tomorrow night won't you?".

This went on for about a year and a half, this sort of bipolar "one minute we don't want to know Paddy, then the next minute we're all going to text him constantly all night to try and get him to come to the free gaff". It was almost as if they didn't want me around, but they also couldn't bear the idea that someone would willingly choose to just walk away from them.

One final incident in June 2011 ended it for me once and for all. One of the lads was having a 21st. This was a guy who I thought was one of my best mates and who had actually played drums for the craic at my 21st the previous summer, I'd been to Thailand with him, etc etc etc. He explicitly said to the rest of the lads (there were about maybe 10 or 11 of us) "I don't want Paddy finding out about my 21st, if he asks just don't text back". All of them readily complied with this. However, as usual, I heard about it from mutual friends who didn't realize there was anything wrong with texting me asking if they'd be seeing me at his 21st. I texted a few of the lads just to basically tell them they were scum for once again screwing me over, and the guy "Paul" from the previous Project Hide Away incident tried to text a different Paddy to make fun of the fact that I'd copped it, he sent the text to me instead, and finally with the full extent of the backstabbing laid bare I burned all my bridges with them and I haven't looked back once.

Now for the surprising part - these lads were all 21 or 22 at the time of the aforementioned incidents. You wouldn't see this kind of immature sh!te from a clique of 13 year old schoolgirls, to get it from grown lads is just hilarious. In all honesty, that final incident with the text didn't even make me mad, I was p!ssing myself laughing while reading it! I almost feel sorry for "Paul" that he screwed up so bad, I mean we've all been there in terms of texting the wrong person I'm sure >_>

Seriously OP. Making a clean break is the best decision you'll ever make. It's not easy, don't get me wrong here - it will ache bitterly every time you see photos of everyone hanging out together on Facebook and you know you can't be part of it, but then you'll remember that whenever you did hang out in those photos, you were probably being dissed the second your back was turned. After that, walking away doesn't seem nearly as difficult.

Welcome to my world, OP. The crowd I used to hang out with were absolutely toxic. Two faced, cowardly, dishonest, and a few of them were just genuine pr!cks who got a kick out of making people miserable.

What was hilarious about these lads was their persistent spineless refusal to admit that anything was up. Rather than be straight with me to my face, they preferred to arrange for me to be kept in the dark about everything, even though through the magic of having mutual friends I always ended up finding out anyway, and then they'd come crawling back time and time again to "apologize" and assure me I'd got it all wrong.

Probably the funniest instance was when a massive gang of our mates were heading to Rosslare for the weekend. They decided, I sh!t you not, "Hey let's make sure Paddy doesn't find out about this". They decided to call the trip "Project Hide-Away" and would write not-so-cryptic statuses all over Facebook saying things like "Can't want for Project Hide-Away next weekend!"
    I heard about Rosslare obviously from another of our friends, but as it happened I was too sick to go. I honestly didn't realize the conspiracy was directed at me although I did register dimly that it was a bit odd that none of my actual crowd had said it to me, but whatever. I had the flu that weekend so couldn't go anyway.

Day they came back, I Facebooked my friend (we'll call him Jimbo, not his real name) and said "Hey, did ye have a good weekend in Rosslare? Any craic?". He replied to me and said "Nah was fairly boring really". Five seconds later, on the home page of Facebook, I see the following: Jimbo -> Paul "CODE RED ON OPERATION HIDE AWAY". To say I was pissed would be an understatement. I called him out on it and then came the usual flood of bullsh!t with him saying stuff like "I didn't want to do it, I got dragged into this etc etc, it'll never happen again, come out tomorrow night won't you?".

This went on for about a year and a half, this sort of bipolar "one minute we don't want to know Paddy, then the next minute we're all going to text him constantly all night to try and get him to come to the free gaff". It was almost as if they didn't want me around, but they also couldn't bear the idea that someone would willingly choose to just walk away from them.

One final incident in June 2011 ended it for me once and for all. One of the lads was having a 21st. This was a guy who I thought was one of my best mates and who had actually played drums for the craic at my 21st the previous summer, I'd been to Thailand with him, etc etc etc. He explicitly said to the rest of the lads (there were about maybe 10 or 11 of us) "I don't want Paddy finding out about my 21st, if he asks just don't text back". All of them readily complied with this. However, as usual, I heard about it from mutual friends who didn't realize there was anything wrong with texting me asking if they'd be seeing me at his 21st. I texted a few of the lads just to basically tell them they were scum for once again screwing me over, and the guy "Paul" from the previous Project Hide Away incident tried to text a different Paddy to make fun of the fact that I'd copped it, he sent the text to me instead, and finally with the full extent of the backstabbing laid bare I burned all my bridges with them and I haven't looked back once.

Now for the surprising part - these lads were all 21 or 22 at the time of the aforementioned incidents. You wouldn't see this kind of immature sh!te from a clique of 13 year old schoolgirls, to get it from grown lads is just hilarious. In all honesty, that final incident with the text didn't even make me mad, I was p!ssing myself laughing while reading it! I almost feel sorry for "Paul" that he screwed up so bad, I mean we've all been there in terms of texting the wrong person I'm sure >_>

Seriously OP. Making a clean break is the best decision you'll ever make. It's not easy, don't get me wrong here - it will ache bitterly every time you see photos of everyone hanging out together on Facebook and you know you can't be part of it, but then you'll remember that whenever you did hang out in those photos, you were probably being dissed the second your back was turned. After that, walking away doesn't seem nearly as difficult.
    thank you so much has cleared alot of things up for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

My friend?

She's a backstabbing, twofaced heeeeeur.

• Advertisement
Advertisement