Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My score is a disaster, mainly stemming from not sticking the captaincy on Van Persie. I've slipped about a thousand places overall.

I need captain Suarez to do well and a good Chelsea result to salvage something from this week or I may have to have a long cry.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Liverpool! My, how FF makes for strange bedfellows. :pac:

I end up with 69 pts which is not as much on some here but considering I had 28 pts going into this game, I'll take it.

Also want to say I'm delighted Benitez got that humbling tonight as I brought in Ashley Cole for the injured Enrique as my transfer and Rafa leaves him on the bench. I was so pissed off about that. Thankfully Liverpool cheered me up. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Boards.ie up to 5th in the best leagues in the world. Great stuff folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,030 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Its either been a very good week or FF site is ****ed
    goodweek.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Liverpool must have played well...

2ia3gop.png

Dam CSF even at 1:11...

:)

• Advertisement

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Liverpool must have played well...

2ia3gop.png
    Only a minute too late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Boards.ie up to 5th in the best leagues in the world. Great stuff folks.

Down two places from last week so. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Haha came on to share my star forward too! :P

suarez_1.png

q2ice wrote: »
    Down two places from last week so. :(
    Really? Hadn't noticed it until now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Once the Liverpool scores come back to earth, I finished on 67 this week.

Very happy with that considering 55 of those points came from 3 players, the rest performed pretty poorly.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Only a minute too late

Ya my image cropping proved costly.

Who are you managing in Football manager? :D

Ya my image cropping proved costly.

Who are you managing in Football manager? :D
    The mighty Shelbourne!!!!!

CSF wrote: »
    The mighty Shelbourne!!!!!

Haha classic, if you win the champions league with Shelbourne you have effectively completed the game :)

Haha classic, if you win the champions league with Shelbourne you have effectively completed the game :)
    You've obviously never heard of Woking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

well fcuk haha

5a4b9f06b55d25b6bbd26d81202f2ead.png?1357177429

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Had made 10 points back on the league leader this GW, now over 1300 points behind thanks to Sterling. I will need to play one hell of a wildcard to get out of this jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

260 goals from Sterling - well played

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

87 points. Bloody Mata...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

1350 points, good week, Sterling subbed on for 1303 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

71 points and still red arrows . That's disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Finished in 913 in the world which is my new highest end of week position. Looking to make my transfer pretty early this gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

90th in the world.

could've been better, but after Suarez and Sterling doing the business, and me having neither of them, i'll certainly take that.

thank you Christian Benteke for taking some of the sting from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Nice work Tony. It's a testament to my recent slump that in a matter of weeks I've gone from leading the Banbury's league by 20 points, to falling to 13th place and 60 points behind you! One of us can do no wrong, one of us can do no right...

F**k it, I'm still (just) inside the top 10,000 which I would have taken pre-season. Have a decent squad which will hopefully kick on next week and get me back inside the top 1,000 :)

roryc wrote: »
    Nice work Tony. It's a testament to my recent slump that in a matter of weeks I've gone from leading the Banbury's league by 20 points, to falling to 13th place and 60 points behind you! One of us can do no wrong, one of us can do no right...

F**k it, I'm still (just) inside the top 10,000 which I would have taken pre-season. Have a decent squad which will hopefully kick on next week and get me back inside the top 1,000 :)

I've actually fcuked up numerous times over the Christmas period but a few huge scores from individual players have papered over the cracks. Sold Hernandez and Dzeko right before their sprees! I'm very lucky to be in the position I'm in.

You'll be fine Rory, you've hit some bad luck recently (as we all do over the course of a season). The wildcard has come at a good time for you as a few of your players needed to be moved on all of a sudden (Torres, Clark, Fletcher, Enrique). You'll earn some decent money and will have 12 days to formulate a plan. My best advice is just to avoid the FFS comments as they are mainly poisonous (but read the site articles) and pick YOUR best team. I find that, if you read the same bullsh!t comment 100 times on FFS, you begin to believe it yourself (it's like Inception!).

After taking a total of 28 points in hits over the last 4 weeks (most of which were stupid), I think I can just keep the xmas wildcard under wraps for a little longer as I have most of the players I want and no player in my team will lose any money over the next week or so.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I've actually fcuked up numerous times over the Christmas period but a few huge scores from individual players have papered over the cracks. Sold Hernandez and Dzeko right before their sprees! I'm very lucky to be in the position I'm in.

You'll be fine Rory, you've hit some bad luck recently (as we all do over the course of a season). The wildcard has come at a good time for you as a few of your players needed to be moved on all of a sudden (Torres, Clark, Fletcher, Enrique). You'll earn some decent money and will have 12 days to formulate a plan. My best advice is just to avoid the FFS comments as they are mainly poisonous (but read the site articles) and pick YOUR best team. I find that, if you read the same bullsh!t comment 100 times on FFS, you begin to believe it yourself (it's like Inception!).

After taking a total of 28 points in hits over the last 4 weeks (most of which were stupid), I think I can just keep the xmas wildcard under wraps for a little longer as I have most of the players I want and no player in my team will lose any money over the next week or so.

I never use FFS other than a quick glance at the captain poll, more as a passing interest (I clearly don't follow it as you can see from my recent retarded choices!).

Boards is the only site I use and I actually don't let it influence my decisions too much, post here more for banter and to reaffirm my decisions. I plan my transfers 2 weeks in advance, but unfortunately 'best laid plans' and all that... I've only myself to blame though! No idea what I was thinking when I picked Torres over Suarez, seems so obvious in hindsight.

I've been horribly unlucky with my recent transfers, seems every player I get in either ends their scoring run or gets injured/suspended! Could have been a lot worse though - I had Bale and Cazorla when they scored hat-tricks and even just last week I was strongly considering a 4 point hit to get in Mata (1) for Silva (6) which would have seen my score this week decrease by a further 9.

Thing that pisses my off most is the Wildcard coming... a week later than I needed it! Here's me tipping up O'Brien, Zabaleta, Hernandez etc only to see them flourish and me not even hit 50 points.

Hopefully things can pick up! (Cue Torres + Silva hat-tricks next game)

roryc wrote: »
    I never use FFS other than a quick glance at the captain poll, more as a passing interest (I clearly don't follow it as you can see from my recent retarded choices!).

Boards is the only site I use and I actually don't let it influence my decisions too much, post here more for banter and to reaffirm my decisions. I plan my transfers 2 weeks in advance, but unfortunately 'best laid plans' and all that... I've only myself to blame though! No idea what I was thinking when I picked Torres over Suarez, seems so obvious in hindsight.

I've been horribly unlucky with my recent transfers, seems every player I get in either ends their scoring run or gets injured/suspended! Could have been a lot worse though - I had Bale and Cazorla when they scored hat-tricks and even just last week I was strongly considering a 4 point hit to get in Mata (1) for Silva (6) which would have seen my score this week decrease by a further 9.

Thing that pisses my off most is the Wildcard coming... a week later than I needed it! Here's me tipping up O'Brien, Zabaleta, Hernandez etc only to see them flourish and me not even hit 50 points.

Hopefully things can pick up! (Cue Torres + Silva hat-tricks next game)

FFS is good just to confirm your own gut reactions...I think they have been posting more riskier opinions in recent months whereas I have been following by own instinct. It's more fun that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

96pts less a hit of 8. Well chuffed, and Tarabtt's 8pts went some way to covering for Mata's benching.

Up to 6,400 worldwide, 50 pts clear in main money league and within striking distance of the top in other leagues.

I took in Le Fondre weeks ago for their DGW, and haven't managed to get rid since so my default 3-5-2 with RVP & Suarez has worked wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dropped 4,000 places overnight, but still, into the top 10,000 for the first time all season. Ahoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I dropped 2,300 places. All I needed was a quiet game from Suarez last night.

• Advertisement

I dropped 2,300 places. All I needed was a quiet game from Suarez last night.

All I needed was 13 goals from Torres.

Advertisement