Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US should agree to Iran's right to Peaceful Nuke Tech in 2013 and give them the 20% U

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I never said the media was acting as one.

I just said the media (and when I use the phrase 'the media' I am clearly referring to the general media and the general effct of said general media) has been sh1t on the Iran thing because they started out presenting the 'threat' and then gradually moved on to assuming the threat and now the whole ****in world thinks Iran is right now 100% going for the bomb....

Sorry I respectfully disagree - I haven't read much sensationalism about Iran except from Fox and the usual conservative channels in the US, the odd tabloid (looking at you here Daily Mail) and of course virtually everything in Israel.

Obama has publically stated he doesn't believe Iran has a bomb and he has also publically stated that Iran has a right to peaceful nuclear power.

It's not like they have been slapped with the pariah state label, they have most definitely worked hard to achieve it, especially in the last four years. The world is getting exasperated with the clenched fist and nationalist rhetoric, so if they want to play hardball, the int. community is responding in kind. The Chinese won't let the major powers do a damn thing about a dictator butchering his own people in the same region, but they've passed 6 or 7 sets of sanctions on Iran - that's impressive to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

The point was raised already that the nuclear situation in Iran and North Korea are not related. I beg to disagree. Attention constantly focuses on Iran and a survey shows 63% of Americans would support a military strike on Iran, far more than any other nation...just 27% of Chinese people would support a military solution. Despite this, look at what's happening with North Korea. They have nuclear weapons and are actively threatening Seoul and the United States.

It even reached the point where ballistic missile trajectories were visible in photographs of Kim Jong Un meeting his generals. Of course North Korea is believed to lack the technology to send a missile to Los Angeles but surely their threats and technological progress are far more cause for concern than Iran? The Iranians never threatened the United States directly, in stark contrast with North Korea who possess the weapons and have made consistant threats. Why Tehran and not Pyongyang?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

very interested to see how this AP story turns out. Seems like they're busted once and for all now I mean the UN top nuke guys apparently said it so... I retract my whole argument it seems Iran is going for the bomb after all

AP: "The U.N's top nuclear official expressed concern Tuesday that Iran may be secretly continuing work on nuclear weapons while his agency is tied up in protracted negotiations with the country on restarting an investigation into past suspected research and development of such arms. The comments by International Atomic Energy Agency head Yukiya Amano are bound to resonate with Israel and Western nations, which assert Iran is seeking nuclear weapons capacity even though it insists its atomic activities are transparent and peaceful...

'We do not know for sure, but we have information indicating that Iran was engaged in activities relevant to the development of nuclear explosive devices in the past and now,' he told The Associated Press in what appeared to be his most specific assertion that such activities are continuing into the present.

Advertisement