Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does it bother others so much that you don't drink?

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭derkav

I am 23 and I last drank when I was 21. When I met new people I get the same reaction when they discover I don't drink,

1) They stare wide-eyed at me, with an expression on their face as if I just told them I have just been let out of prison for murder.
    2) They say ''SERIOUSLY?'' about 5 times
    3) They ask me why repeatedly.

When I answer people and tell them I don't like drinking, they feel the need to probe and probe and keep asking me ''why, no seriously why?, you're messin', seriously though why?''

I find this irritating and rude. Why does it bother people so much that we don't drink?:(

ROTFL.... This happens to me all the time. I used to drink but stopped over two years ago. I just hated the way it made me feel both while drinking and after the event. Now I get teh same as above and my family are convinced that I will have a drink if im not driving or if I'm on a break away:mad:!! Some people just don't get it. I have found that if I drink a non alcoholic beer I simply don't get asked any questions. I love the taste of beer as opposed to soft drinks too so It all works out well.

Advertisement