Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex cinemas.....disgusting cheap food

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

krudler wrote: »
    Used to work in a cinema years ago, word of advice, never get the popcorn that isnt fresh out of the machine.

Why

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Froyo wrote: »
    I can't understand the mindset of people who criticise people who buy food at the cinema.

Cinemas make most of their money from it, I like some popcorn and maybe some ice-cream from time to time, I can afford it, get over it.

Get over what? I don't care how many people are willing to be routinely ripped off.. that's your own choice.

I'd personally never pay for something in the cinema which I could purchase for half the price in a shop next door and easily take in with me. Honestly couldn't care less whether or not selling snacks is how cinemas make most of their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

whatever happened to butter? i know the odeon at the point do it but imc's ive been in dont nor dundrum

UCI /Odeon won a court case against other cinema chains recently guaranteeing them as the only cinema allowed to sell buttered popcorn....Google it, it's a good read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Get over what? I don't care how many people are willing to be routinely ripped off.. that's your own choice.

I'd personally never pay for something in the cinema which I could purchase for half the price in a shop next door and easily take in with me. Honestly couldn't care less whether or not selling snacks is how cinemas make most of their money.

Obviously I've never done this, because seeing as I live in a capitalist consumer society I must oblige businesses by letting them financially gouge my arse out, but... On a recent trip to the Eye cinema I noticed that backpacks and bags are now considered a fire hazard and they have lockers to store them in. Very thoughtful of them I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

never get the popcorn thats not fresh out the machine?

ooooooooooooooo K

Excuse me, employee. I dont like that popcorn here in front of me that all these other peasants are eating.

Can you make me some fresh out of your machine.

Its fine. Ill wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 MrJM

Just get the popcorn and you'll be grand lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

It's a cinema, not a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,116 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Or maybe he doesn't care and was agreeing so you'd stop talking to him.
    Or perhaps he's wondering why you would shoot a man, before throwing him out of a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

never get the popcorn thats not fresh out the machine?

ooooooooooooooo K

Excuse me, employee. I dont like that popcorn here in front of me that all these other peasants are eating.

Can you make me some fresh out of your machine.

Its fine. Ill wait.

exactly, the stuff that isnt sold at the end of the night is lobbed into a big bag and left there until the next day, so you're paying money for day old reheated popcorn, get it out of the machine.

also never eat the pick n mix, I'd tell you why but I think this line is tapped, I never thought they'd find me again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

krudler wrote: »
    also never eat the pick n mix, I'd tell you why but I think this line is tapped, I never thought they'd find me again

Tell us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Tell us!

pic n mix containers are low down. children are small. and tend to grab handfuls of things and jam them into their mouth before their parents take them out and throw them back in the container.

I saw that happen..a fair bit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Liquid cheeeeeeeeeese mmmmmm..... jalapeno peppers...:pac:
    Listen I chose to pay to see a film...the omniplex used to have regular nachos with heated liquid cheese and peppers and they were ****ing tasty and i chose to pay for them too..now they have these ready to go packs with cheese from some where like Chernobyl , cheap crap in other words

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up all along?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up all along?

Boards after hours discussions are turning into a "you can put up a smart comment"....even the Mods are at it....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What was film?

Any good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Turtyturd wrote: »
    UCI /Odeon won a court case against other cinema chains recently guaranteeing them as the only cinema allowed to sell buttered popcorn....Google it, it's a good read.

Link please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

As Kermode says, we've turned our living rooms into cinemas & our cinemas into living rooms.

I go less and less tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

get something to eat before going to the cinema, simples.
    someone would have to be a lardass to not be able to go 2hrs without food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Confab wrote: »
    I bet the OP wears a monocle.

And a Top Hat, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Link please ?

www.Google.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

This is why I just buy a bag of M&Ms if I'm really splashing out :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Doom wrote: »
    Boards after hours discussions are turning into a "you can put up a smart comment"....even the Mods are at it....:rolleyes:

Oh, you see when I get bored I make up my own movie. I have a very short attention span.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Link please ?
    Go on then genius, post a link if its that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Anyone who gets their kids food in the Cinema should be charged with neglect, it's utterly unhealty

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lidl is a cinemagoers friend.Big bags of sweets for a fraction of the price at the cinema,they have popcorn etc. aswell.

I gave up buying food at the cinema ages ago,the price of getting there & back and then the entrance fee is more than enough.It's a 35 mile round trip to my local cinema after the local one closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I was surprised when I got a large drink and nachos for 1.50 less than all you can eat asian food across the road. I got good nachos there before but if youre just going to give me a pack or doritos I'll go to tescos before hand. Always make sure the girlfriend brings a handbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Suicide.

I'm all for a laugh and all, but your comment is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

I'm all for a laugh and all, but your comment is disgusting.

No need to over react, it was just a joke, although quite a thoughtless one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Big Bottom wrote: »
    Anyone who gets their kids food in the Cinema should be charged with neglect, it's utterly unhealty

thatssotrue_3417_1330924090.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

I was surprised when I got a large drink and nachos for 1.50 less than all you can eat asian food across the road. I got good nachos there before but if youre just going to give me a pack or doritos I'll go to tescos before hand. Always make sure the girlfriend brings a handbag.

I just walk in with all my **** from lidl. they dont say anything and if they ever do they'll loose a frequent customer

Advertisement