Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex cinemas.....disgusting cheap food

Options
  • 28-12-2012 9:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

I took the kids to see a Christmas film the other day, very sad to see the omniplex cinemas selling pre-packed nachos and cheese sauce....utter puke....even the guy selling the stuff agreed, this along with turning off the heating has lost them a couple of customers for good.
    Thank god there is an alternative these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Newcastle1892

Doom wrote: »
    I took the kids to see a Christmas film the other day, very sad to see the omniplex cinemas selling pre-packed nachos and cheese sauce....utter puke....even the guy selling the stuff agreed, this along with turning off the heating has lost them a couple of customers for good.
    Nothing cheap about it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Newcastle1892

Nothing cheap about it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Dear Facebook,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I seriously can't understand the mindset of anyone that would buy food at the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Cinema popcorn is my weakness :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Nothing cheap about it

+30000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I bet the OP wears a monocle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

What were you expecting? A cinema is hardly going to have a single plum floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nothing cheap about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What were you expecting? A cinema is hardly going to have a single plum floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.

That's the number one reason for the increase in piracy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Their popcorn is nice just like every other cinema but if you expect them to have a bakery to cook up batches of fresh nachos daily than I think you're expecting too much from a cinema, oh, and if you think liquid cheese should be of a higher standard than you really need to reevaluate your opinion, it's liquid cheese god dammit, liquid cheese that's kept in a bain marie all day, liquid ****ing cheese, I'm getting nauseous just from the thought of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

And what did the police say?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Love cinema popcorn. Half salt half sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

nothing cheap about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Who worries about the heat being turned off in Mordor ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It's pretty appalling considering they're meant to get a lot of their revenue from the gack food they sell. You think they'd up their game. The Eye cinema in Galway has an ice-cream/Ben and Jerrie's and a bar in it at least. I stopped going to the Omniplex ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Froyo

I seriously can't understand the mindset of anyone that would buy food at the cinema.

I can't understand the mindset of people who criticise people who buy food at the cinema.

Cinemas make most of their money from it, I like some popcorn and maybe some ice-cream from time to time, I can afford it, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

My understanding is that cinemas make very little money from the screening of movies for the first couple of weeks and rely on the sale of snacks and drinks. If that's the case we wouldn't have cinemas if people did not buy these snacks. Maybe the studios should be more generous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

even the guy selling the stuff agreed
    Or maybe he doesn't care and was agreeing so you'd stop talking to him.
    I do that with taxi drivers... apparently I'm furious about deregulation.

The cinemas lost me years ago when they started doing like 15 minutes of TV ads... that on top of the shítty seats and general inconvenience of it all. I don't know what people see in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I ****ing love the nachos with liquid, radioactive cheese and ****ty jalapenos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

In fairness this isn't just omniplex cinemas, all cinemas have have been in have the exact same nachos and cheese. It's sickly stuff in fairness, the cheese crap is just rotten. Popcorn all the way.

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

In fairness this isn't just omniplex cinemas, all cinemas have have been in have the exact same nachos and cheese. It's sickly stuff in fairness, the cheese crap is just rotten. Popcorn all the way.

The cheese is amazing. I would drink it if that wasn't seriously gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

The cheese is amazing. I would drink it if that wasn't seriously gross.

I think it's lovely on the first few nachos, then I just start to feel nauseous and wonder why I didn't just get popcorn instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I'd love if they did unsalted popcorn, I can't have salt anymore and miss the popcorn like mad

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

I think it's lovely on the first few nachos, then I just start to feel nauseous and wonder why I didn't just get popcorn instead.

That's why you get popcorn too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Nothing food about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

whatever happened to butter? i know the odeon at the point do it but imc's ive been in dont nor dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Used to work in a cinema years ago, word of advice, never get the popcorn that isnt fresh out of the machine.

whatever happened to butter? i know the odeon at the point do it but imc's ive been in dont nor dundrum

Grease ruined the seats! Or something like that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Suicide.

Advertisement