Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 album rumours

Options
  • 28-12-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Im a big Kanye west fan and there were a lot of rumours earlier this year..
    Circa november he was in a new york club playing new unheard songs that were supposed to be on a solo album which would be released before the new year.. This obviously never came yano.. Also on his wikipedia article there was a title on his discography, Cruel winter.. Big Sean confirmed this but still theres no other news or info on it ? And also he's supposed to be working on watch the throne 2 with jay.. Where does he find the time to do all this :P can anyone confirm or shed bitta light on any of these or related projects?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I hope Missy Elliott comes out with a new album.

Had enough of niki minaj.. time for a real female MC to step up

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

2Pac vs. Biggie: The Lost Tapes (Deluxe Hologram Edition due for release in March.

Drake is doing a collab mixtape with Raekwon. Bieber is on it spitting fire.

J.Cole set to drop two solo albums

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Shreddeez

LUPE wrote: »
    2Pac vs. Biggie: The Lost Tapes (Deluxe Hologram Edition due for release in March.

Drake Is supposedly doing a collaboration album with Rick Ross too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Shreddeez wrote: »

the worlds defo ending so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

There's been talk about that for a few years now, doubt it's going to happen tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

LUPE wrote: »

They're really trying to turn Bieber into a credible artist.

They're really trying to turn Bieber into a credible artist.
    Have ya heard his Otis freestyle? :P

Have ya heard his Otis freestyle? :P

It's quality

PrettyBoy wrote: »

There's not a chance those are his words though? Surely we'd have heard a lot more rapping from him if he was that good? :O

There's not a chance those are his words though?
    I'm assuming someone wrote it for him but as far as the rapping's concerned he did a very good job.

• Advertisement

To be honest it's not bad , I wouldn't like to see him classing himself as a rapper though.

its bad enough he was on the cover of men's health with "perfect pecs"... Lost all respect for that magazine.

its bad enough he was on the cover of men's health with "perfect pecs"... Lost all respect for that magazine.

Are you serious? Do you actually think this is real?

justin_bieber_mens_health_mag.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Please give me Doe or Die 2, the MadGibbs album and One Be Lo's B.A.B.Y (like 5 years overdue)....couldn't care about anything else tbh.

What about Detox by Dre?

What about Detox by Dre?

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

PrettyBoy wrote: »

better then drake!

better then drake!

Not a blackberry in sight either :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

can any mention beiber , rick ross , drake etc please be removed and in a different category ................CALL IT HIP -POP , because its anything but HIP HOP
    real hip hop is not on the radio ,

rumours i like , mc eiht releasing an EP ,
    i think emcee Jermaine is dropping his first album
    Lethal currently working on his 3rd album and shold probably drop later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

baddebt wrote: »

Yea I'm pretty certain he's releasing it. I'm very excited about it. It should be brilliant.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Emcee Jermaine is apparently a really really slow worker. There are also rumours of an EP as well from him, so maybe that might drop first.

Has-Lo on Mello Music Group will be releasing an album this year which I'm looking forward to, Zilla Rocca might be releasing something as well.

I'm waiting 2 years for the new Cecil Otter album, hopefully I'll get it this year.
    I think Andy_RSE already mentioned the Dessa album and the P.O.S/Astronautalis album. But given P.O.S's health issues, we may not see the latter yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

it's going to be another terrible year for hip hop

GiftofGab wrote: »

You're looking in the wrong places then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

You're looking in the wrong places then.

i dont think we'll see a blueprint, stillmatic, marshal matters lp, the college dropout drop this year. They were some of the best albums from 2000-2010 era (90's hip hop will never be beaten). Doubt any new great artists that will be around for a considerable amount of time will burst onto the scene this year.

And you can ever rephrase that again to be....its going to be a terrible decade for hip hop.

i dont think we'll see a blueprint, stillmatic, marshal matters lp, the college dropout drop this year. They were some of the best albums from 2000-2010 era (90's hip hop will never be beaten). Doubt any new great artists that will be around for a considerable amount of time will burst onto the scene this year.

And you can ever rephrase that again to be....its going to be a terrible decade for hip hop.

We live in a totally different world now compared to the last decade, never mind the '90s. The whole music industry has changed.

I hate the term but most of the 'popular' guys around nowadays are what you'd call 'ringtone rappers'. They aim for the singles and ignore the rest of the album. The result is that both the singles and album are rubbish.

The majority of the best rappers around at the moment are underground; Koncept, Wax, Emcee Jermaine, P.O.S., Saheed, Sims, Elzhi, Thesis, etc.

Then there are those who are pretty much halfway between underground and mainstream such as Freddie Gibbs, Killer Mike, Big K.R.I.T., Curren$y, J Cole, etc.

After that you have the guys just under mainstream; Xzibit, Big Boi (when he's solo) and Kendrick (controversial but he's heading towards the top, no doubt).

Finally, there is the mainstream artists; Eminem, Jigga, Kanye...

I don't think anyone in the last group will put out another classic. Of those in the 'just under' group Kendrick will almost certainly put out another classic.

All of the artists in the 'halfway' group are capable of putting out a classic. It will almost certainly go unnoticed though, as was the case with Killer Mike last year.

The guys in the final group will continue to put out better music than 90% of the rappers around. They will also continue to be completely ignored by 99% of the public.

Who knows if there will be a classic next year. If I was to put money on anyone I'd say Freddie Gibbs and Madlib. Apart from that I haven't a clue.

I amn't going looking for classics though. What I'm looking for next year is pretty much the same as this year, new, exciting artists who no one else has heard of.

There is so much music out there to be enjoyed that it's a pity to be so negative about parts of it. Look to the underground and they will not disappoint you.

This is going to be a brilliant decade for hip hop. The internet is allowing artists of all reputations to reach out to more and more people across the world.

20 years ago I'd never have been able to have a conversation with Emcee Jermaine, as I did on Twitter. 20 years ago Thesis would never have come onto Boards and thank everyone for supporting him, as he did recently.

If we never hear from them again it doesn't really matter. There are plenty of others around. I haven't heard about 80% of the good music from last year I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

20 years ago we would not see Sage Francis fake troll Slugs AMA.

its going to be a terrible decade for hip hop

Thanks for the updates Nostradamus.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

20 years ago we would not see Sage Francis fake troll Slugs AMA.

What happened there....I didnt check out the AMA but the news I heard is that there is a new Atmosphere album being recorded and that he was taking time from the recording for the AMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

can any mention beiber , rick ross , drake etc please be removed and in a different category ................CALL IT HIP -POP , because its anything but HIP HOP
    real hip hop is not on the radio ,

rumours i like , mc eiht releasing an EP ,
    Lethal currently working on his 3rd album and shold probably drop later in the year
    Drake & Ross do release Hip Hop
    Drake's last album Take Care was pretty good it was a mixture of Rnb & Hip Hop
    i don't like Ross but he does release Hip Hop music but it is sh1t
    its not Hip Hop u like but there no need to say u can't mention certain artists & say there pop when they clearly are not etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

there is plenty of good mainstream rappers

Eminem
    Kendrick Lamar
    Kid Cudi
    Jay-Z
    T.I
    Drake
    J Cole
    Lupe Fiasco
    Andre 3000
    Nas

• Advertisement

rumours i like , mc eiht releasing an EP

An album entirely produced by DJ Premier :eek:

Advertisement