Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VERY slow news day(s)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

I woke up at 3am because I had a bad dose of indigestion, so I put a spoon of bread soda in water.

Now my bowels are fizzing away and I can't go back to sleep because I'm farting too much.

Damn you apache pizza !!!!!

All I've got to look forward to is a load of fizzy arse gravy getting sprayed down the bog in a while.

Very slow news day indeed.

Far too graphic, but funny nonetheless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

the indo website is an absolute load of bollox. it used to be handy but now these half ar5ed 'famous' people are getting their stories up near the top of the page. usually some model we've never heard of having a hissy fit.
    better off finding news somewhere else really.

I'm sick of the Indo - Some days it does nothing more than arselick 'celebs' and give us a running commentary on the more innane aspects of their lives. Hardly a day goes by when we don't have to read (the headline at least) about Amy Huberman, Brian O'Driscoll, Rosanna Davidson, Ronan, Tubridy etc.

I've just had a look at today's and it's "I shed tears for Love/Hate's Darren, admits TV heartthrob Sheehan" WTF??????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'll take a bit of world news over "Mick Wallace wore a lime green number today" or "A call center in Ballinasloe announced three new jobs today". Such rubbish non-stories seem to take precedence on RTE while huge events go on outside the country and aren't reported.

Here's a famous newspaper? one for you --
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/a-headline-you-can-believe-the-sport-closes-2260126.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1231/breaking9.html
    KILIAN DOYLE

It's a slow news day, so we're reduced to this: US rapper Kanye West announced at a concert last night that he and his girlfriend Kim Kardashian are expecting their first child.

“Now you having my baby," West sang to the crowd of more than 5,000 at the Ovation Hall at Atlantic City’s Revel Resort.

The crowd roared. As you do. And the world was united in joy.

West also asked concert goers to congratulate his “baby mom”, adding that his news was the “most amazing thing”.

The rapper and reality TV star went public about their relationship in March.

Kardashian married NBA player Kris Humphries in August 2011. Their divorce has yet to be finalised.

Below: Kanye breaks the news. Warning: The sound in this video is AWFUL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

The journal ran this today i thought it was a pretty funny compilation:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

^^^

06:34 - 06:50 - nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Basically anything on the newspapers that includes the opinions of Kerry Katona, Jordan, some BB reject, Georgia Salpia or Calum Best, I consider a very slow news day. I have often wondered who the hell cares about these nobodies and what they think of wedding dresses and nightlife abroad, most people have bills to pay and their own worries. Im as interested in gossip as the next person but usually only normal regular people. Finding out that some useless red carpet chaser Big Brother reject has lost 2 stone or found a new man makes no difference to my life whatsoever.

Its a sad reflection on our society that these people take over the magazines and newspapers because obviously someone out there gives a damn, the question is who :rolleyes:

P.S Lisa Murphy and that solicitor guy- again, nobody cares, love. Try doing a 9 to 5 job instead of leeching off your rich other halves and swanning around snazzy Dublin nightclubs every night of the week and you might know what the real world is like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Advertisement