Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H Jizzler Awards Ceremony 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Oh hai guyz, I m new. I can haz award?
    Nah, we need a special award for your kind 'Best old Poster Who Occasionally Comes Back For A Visit'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Oh hai guyz, I m new. I can haz award?
    Lawliet wrote: »
    Nah, we need a special award for your kind 'Best old Poster Who Occasionally Comes Back For A Visit'

Eh, hello. I'm clearly better.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Lawliet wrote: »

I don't understand I am new 2 this form!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Konata wrote: »
    Eh, hello. I'm clearly better.

Pffft! Your username doesn't even have a vegetable in it. DO clearly wins on that fact alone. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

BEST MOD

morg76.jpg

Ah yes, the mods. Our fine team of moderators keep the riff raff down, obliterate spammers and maintain order at all times. Rule-breakers are tied up with piano wire and beaten. I’m just joshing - there is no piano wire. In all seriousness, the moderators do a fine job overseeing things and the Best Mod award draws attention to these noble banhammer-wielding creatures.

Fun fact: if you take the first letter of each mod’s name you can arrange it into P LAW. (I don’t know what the P is for.)

Here we go:

5th First off we have one of our senior mods; tricksters watch out it’s a member of the karma police who most certainly will put everything in its right place: Aoibheann

4th - Fourth, it’s the dormant mod who is liable to awake at any moment and ban the whole damn lot of ye.. Piste

3rd – This mod entered the fray a couple of months ago and took to modding like a duck to water, a cow to cud, a pig to mud, or any other appropriate simile that denotes aptitude; it’s the new kid on the block who has put a tremendous amount of effort into these Jizzlers... wnolan1992 wnolan1992

2nd – This user joined the elite squad of mods late last year and has helped steady the ship ever since. Also responsible for the Jizzler sigs and a marvellous playpen list she’s not afraid to lay down the law*, it’s Lawliet

* lawl(-iet)

Although she secured the most votes, Lawliet has very generously decided to relinquish this year’s Best Mod to honour the sterling work carried out by one former mod in particular HAS BEEN USURPED OF HER TITLE FOR CHEATING. So the winner... C&H’s greatest multi-tasker, she modded C&H with consistent aplomb for almost two years - sometimes singlehandedly - despite having to juggle college work, her job(s) and an alarming list of bizarre injuries; it’s the recently retired Pigwidgeon

mod.jpg

Congrats!

• Advertisement

Best Thread

OK, this and one other award before we take a break at half nine when I'll be resting my fingers or eating dinner or something. I'll overlook the shameful omission of the yussing thread and say we have an interesting array of threads to glorify here. One in particular though will have given you the most joy throughout the year, the one that has proved most fascinating/stimulating/funnyating, which you’ll click on and think “gee, I sure do like this thread”.

7th - The C&H Christmassy Thread of Christmas! [2011 Thread]
    What films/TV shows are you watching? (zero votes each)

6th - aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh / An’ Den Der Was Ligh’ / Running out of novel things to do now you've turned 18? Look no further! /The Linguistics+Etymology Thread (one vote / 3.45% of the total vote each)

5th - Jizzler’s 2012 – Nomination Thread [Nominations Close 17/12/12] / Tragic Young Suicides (6.9% each)

4th - Have You Ever Had Depression? (10.34%)

3rd – (13.79%) Not sure why anyone would want to talk to these losers but anyway it’s Come talk to us! C&H IRC

2nd – (17.4%) The thread where the music is so good discussion is rendered ruddy pointless, it’s Soundtrack To Your Angst

1st – (31.03%) The thread that combines artistic talent and the ability to think up batshit-crazy suggestions; THE JIZZLER FOR BEST THREAD GOES TO Palytoxin’s demented baby Draw a picture and ask for another!

thread.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Best Newcomer
    Welcome back to the rest of this post. Here are the users who finished outside the top three, a fine selection of users young and oldyoung:

7th – Duffy The Vampire Slayer (Duffy was robbed.)

6th – Insect Overlord / Patchy~ (these two promising youngsters are tied together, achieving 3.13% of the vote)

5th – eoins23456 (Regarded as a dark horse for his emphasis on quality over quantity (and his mane), eoin snatched 6.25% of the vote)

4th – JamJamJamJam (10%, Jam-lad is a popular new’un for his wit and enthusiasm for jam)

3rd - Way better than the first two Mauras, this one blazed onto the scene in recent weeks to finish third with a cool 12.5% of the vote: MauraTheThird

2nd – With almost 22% she is perhaps the most consistent runner-up ever - I’m not sure how she does it but she sure does excel at being new.. it’s the immortal Namlub

1st – In first place however with a whopping 43.75% it’s the chap who revived the Irish revival and created a stonkin’ good thread about pictures – may I be the first to say: HON PALYTOXIN

newcomer.jpg

Firstly, a round of applause for our beautiful host, Jefreywithonef!
    Secondly, a round of applause for the members of C&H!
    Thirdly, a round of applause for my worthy competition! :D
    And finally, a sincere thank you to my voters! I couldn't have done it without you :cool:

Now I'm going to regale you all with my heart-warming tale. I had a tough childhood, suffered through several hard years in my life. I lost my way in this world, found out the hard way, it's an eye for an eye. I was knocked down, got up again, and knocked down again, even knocked down before I could get up. But I pushed on through those hard days, which became weeks, which became months, and then years. I fought my corner, because I knew it would be worth it.

And now, here I am, and it truly is an honour, as the "Best Newcomer" of 2012. The culmination of efforts, the result of years toiling furiously, and it was worth it, every goddamn second, for this privilege.

Thank you! :D

PS- Want to shout out to IRC, they back me up, put me in my place, pick me up when I'm down, and keep me going. :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The Best Thread award proves that no matter who your OP is, you can still win an award.

Draw a picture and ask for another! did not have the easiest of starts in life. Burdened with that little "Palytoxin" underneath it in forum view, the shame of having Palytoxin's post as the first thing any newcomer would see.

But here it is today, proving that it is the most popular thread.

WELL DONE DRAW A PICTURE AND ASK FOR ANOTHER!! You're an inspiration to us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Sorry for being late. I didn't miss anything important did I? No? Thought not.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Best Thread

OK, this and one other award before we take a break at half nine when I'll be resting my fingers or eating dinner or something. I'll overlook the shameful omission of the yussing thread and say we have an interesting array of threads to glorify here. One in particular though will have given you the most joy throughout the year, the one that has proved most fascinating/stimulating/funnyating, which you’ll click on and think “gee, I sure do like this thread”.

7th - The C&H Christmassy Thread of Christmas! [2011 Thread]
    What films/TV shows are you watching? (zero votes each)

6th - aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh / An’ Den Der Was Ligh’ / Running out of novel things to do now you've turned 18? Look no further! /The Linguistics+Etymology Thread (one vote / 3.45% of the total vote each)

5th - Jizzler’s 2012 – Nomination Thread [Nominations Close 17/12/12] / Tragic Young Suicides (6.9% each)

4th - Have You Ever Had Depression? (10.34%)

3rd – (13.79%) Not sure why anyone would want to talk to these losers but anyway it’s Come talk to us! C&H IRC

2nd – (17.4%) The thread where the music is so good discussion is rendered ruddy pointless, it’s Soundtrack To Your Angst

1st – (31.03%) The thread that combines artistic talent and the ability to think up batshit-crazy suggestions; THE JIZZLER FOR BEST THREAD GOES TO Palytoxin’s demented baby Draw a picture and ask for another!

thread.jpg
    It's a credit to all who have, do, and will draw in it.
    You have yourselves to thank, pat on the back everyone! :D
    (And we've been copied by the nocturnal forum too :cool:)

Edit:This is unnecessary now, thanks wnolan1992!

• Advertisement

MOST CREATIVE

dalisurreal.jpg

Discuss.

This award rewards creativity. Plain and simple. There's no beating about the bush like some of these artist types. Tch.

But anyway, who has the best brush stroke? Who oozes talent? And so on?

5th Place (0, 0%):
    Duffy the Vampire Slayer / The Great Chinholio

4th Place (1, 3.33%):
    HugsiePie / JamJamJamJam / Jhcx / Pigwidgeon

3rd – (6.67%) My creativity extends to my great formatting of these posts, cheers for the foresight. Deise is of course totez creative in her use of the English language. deise_girl / jefreywithonef

2nd – (20%) A fine drawer and also someone who can go and write a sentence a whole lot way better than this one here which I am currently writing.. Banjo Fella

1st – (53.3%) The winner though secured over half the vote – it’s the guy who can make piano-playing mountains really hilarious Agnostic Mantis

Congrats! Most Creative Poster
    creative.jpg

4610594059_1bf9bb497e_z.jpg

Gonna go hunting for my supper now - so there's gonna be a break for half an hour. In the meantime you can all have a joke-off. Best joke - decided by me - gets a prize of some sort. Or maybe just my thanks. Go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Gonna go hunting for my supper now - so there's gonna be a break for half an hour. In the meantime you can all have a joke-off. Best joke - decided by me - gets a prize of some sort. Or maybe just my thanks. Go!

What's black and screams? Stevie Wonder answering the iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Have you seen Stevie Wonder's wife?

Neither has he.

Why did John Lennon sing "I am the Eggman"?
    Because he married Yolko Ono.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

A young Cavan woman is so depressed that she decided to end her life by throwing herself into the Atlantic Ocean . She packs her bags and meets her family one last time before she takes off for Doolin where she plans to end it all.

She went down to the cliffs and was about to leap into the freezing water when a young sailor saw her tottering on the edge of the cliff, crying. He took pity on her and said, 'Look, you have so much to live for. I'm off to America in the morning, and if you like, I can stow you away on my ship. I'll take good care of you and bring you food every day.'

Moving closer, he slipped his arm round her shoulder and added, I'll keep you happy, and you'll keep me happy.' The girl nodded Yes, After all, what did she have to lose?

Perhaps a Fresh start in America would give her life new meaning.
    That night, the sailor brought her aboard and hid her in a lifeboat.
    From then on, every night he brought her three sandwiches and a piece of fruit, and they made passionate love until dawn.

Two weeks later, during a routine inspection, she was discovered by The captain.
    'What are you doing here?' the captain asked.

'I have an arrangement with one of the sailors,' she explained.
    'I get food and a trip to America , and he's screwing me.'

'He certainly is,' the captain replied. This is the Aran Islands Ferry.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

What happens when you multiply the haploid number for a single human sperm cell by its number of prime divisors? A potentially larger number.

If Bill Gates offers you a 256 colour file format, say no.

Beware of geeks bearing gifs...

Winner of the Joke-off to be decided later. Just to be suspenseful / a dick.

Second Best Beard Award (In Honour of Pygmalion)

Earlier this year we lost a good friend Pygmalion. He is greatly missed. One of the forum’s best ever posters, he was ridiculously witty, very clever and a superb short story writer. Furthermore, he had a wonderful beard. So in memory of Pyg and his rightful status of having the best beard, I present to you all the inaugural ‘Second Best Beard Award’. Who then has the second fluffiest face of them all? The user who has to comb their beard first thing in the morning? The eejit who shampoos their beard but doesn’t use conditioner? See below.

3rd – Sharing third spot (7.14% each), these two have fine stubble but perhaps it'll expand and allow them to have better success next year. Davidius / deise_girl

2nd – (21.43%) Duffy is the Everyman and the Everyman has a shít hot beard. Jamx4 grew a very impressive moustache for charity, well played! Duffy the Vampire Slayer / JamJamJamJam

1st – (42.86%) The legend goes that this user once donated some of her massive beard to a homeless man so he could use it as a duvet... Everyone must have believed this for THE WINNER IS soccymonster

Congratulations!

secondbeard.jpg

granpa-jasper.png

• Advertisement

One last one.

Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Alvin.

Alvin who?

Alvin all ze Jizzlers! Just vait and see!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Can the sockmonster's reign of terror be put to and end? Clearly not!

Most Inspirational Poster

Besides this.

dream_believe_achieve_basketball_poster-r5ec0ba8163e04b788a999f4f001ede98_w2g_216.jpg?max_dim=328

The users who inspire you to become the best you can. The users who inspire you to get fit or or at least create a Rocky-esque montage of running up steps or punching cattle. The people who restore your faith in humanity. The posters who make you proud to human. They are:

5th – (3.03%):
    Agnostic Mantis / Colm! / Duffy the Vampire Slayer / PseudoFamous

4th Place (6.06%):
    Aoifey! / Jhcx / Palytoxin

3rd – (9.09%) D4RK ONION / deise girl / soccymonster

2nd – (12.12%) It’s the world’s best multi-tasker and that guy who sure does like his girlfriend (or at least did – we haven’t had an update in a while) Neewbie_noob / Pigwidgeon

1st – (18.18%) But the winner of this year’s MOST INSPIRATIONAL (who, fittingly, is involved in teaching) is... SarahBeep!

‘Gratz!

inspiration.jpg

My new year's resolution is to grow a beard to try and dethrone soccymonster...

Next up: Best Taste in Music and Best Poster

Besides this.

dream_believe_achieve_basketball_poster-r5ec0ba8163e04b788a999f4f001ede98_w2g_216.jpg?max_dim=328

The users who inspire you to become the best you can. The users who inspire you to get fit or or at least create a Rocky-esque montage of running up steps or punching cattle. The people who restore your faith in humanity. The posters who make you proud to human. They are:

5th – (3.03%):
    Agnostic Mantis / Colm! / Duffy the Vampire Slayer / PseudoFamous

4th Place (6.06%):
    Aoifey! / Jhcx / Palytoxin

3rd – (9.09%) D4RK ONION / deise girl / soccymonster

2nd – (12.12%) It’s the world’s best multi-tasker and that guy who sure does like his girlfriend (or at least did – we haven’t had an update in a while) Neewbie_noob / Pigwidgeon

1st – (18.18%) But the winner of this year’s MOST INSPIRATIONAL (who, fittingly, is involved in teaching) is... SarahBeep!

‘Gratz!

inspiration.jpg

LOL at Neewbie_noob coming second...

bieberamas__121119175743.jpeg

Best Taste In Music

Who rules the roost in STYA? Who is the Choonz King? The Music Maestro? Find out...

Now!

7th - (0, 0%):
    Cakes. / cheesefiend / Insect Overlord / Lawliet / soccymonster / Duffy the Vampire Slayer

6th - (1, 3.57%):
    Luno / wnolan1992

5th - (2, 7.14%):
    JamJamJamJam / Junco Partner

4th - (3, 10.71%):
    Agnostic Mantis / deise_girl (big fans of two of the greatest boybands ever, The Beatles and One Direction)

3rd – Winner two years ago boasting very fine taste indeed (her username is a National song y’know?), it’s Slow Show

2nd – It’s that guy who digs indie-rock, what a swell feller, it’s jefreywithonef

1st – So, one spot left. Winning the Jizzler for Best Taste In Music – FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW! – it’s everyone’s favourite DJ with an immaculate taste in music Colm!

music.jpg

And in dedication to Colm’s triumph, I wrote this song in celebration (right before my sex-change):

(No horses were aroused in the making of this video.)
    I meant every word Com! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    LOL at Neewbie_noob coming second...
    Inspirational in itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Awwh neewbie_noob's my boyfriend, yayy! :D

He got banned, sadly. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Awwh neewbie_noob's my boyfriend, yayy! :D

He got banned, sadly. :(